so down.....

semi_skimmed

hey,
i hope everyone is well. i have been on CD for nearly 3 weeks now and started so well but ive been slipping and this weekend well and truly fell off the wagon :-(
so im obviously out of ketosis and i ate today but im absolutely 100% sticking to it 100% starting tomorrow. well tonight as ill just have a shake after work.

i feel so down but what i wanted to know is: now ive come out of ketosis will it be as bad as the first few days of the diet to get back into it or will it be slightly easier? because i really struggled on my first few days of CD with feeling sick and dizzy.

any advice would be great, thanks.

an unhappy and disheartened nessa xxx

Oh Nessa, sorry to hear that you had a struggle..... Just drink plently of water to flush things through and get hydrated, draw a line under it and move on - dwelling on 'blips' can lead to all sorts of negative thought processes - you dont wanna go down that road!
As for getting back in ketosis, it wont be as bad as your first lot of carb withdrawl as theres a lot less glycogen in you liver etc (unless you've been a complete carb monster with your slip up!)....
You'll be fine hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey, thanks for your message! yes ill be honest, the carb factor has been pretty high! ive had 4 meals and each of them have contained carbs, and this is since friday. so i wont have eaten in the day then ill have gone out and thought sod it im out with friends. arrrhhhh im so annoyed!
i think another factor is that my CDC is on hols this week so i suppose i thought ive got enough time to recover any mistakes, but thats not an excuse really.
check you out with your weight loss missy youve done really well!!!x

you'll be fine, im on week 3 and have just done the exact same thing, but back to ss tomorrow. just forget it and move on thats the advice ive been given.xx

thank you saralett it helps so much knowing that someone else has gone through the same thing, the willpower is lacking at the moment but ill do well tomorrow im just going to stay on here all day!
were u really bad then? are you in ketosis still?
youve had a fab weightloss though :)xx

hey, thanks for your message! yes ill be honest, the carb factor has been pretty high! ive had 4 meals and each of them have contained carbs, and this is since friday. so i wont have eaten in the day then ill have gone out and thought sod it im out with friends. arrrhhhh im so annoyed!
i think another factor is that my CDC is on hols this week so i suppose i thought ive got enough time to recover any mistakes, but thats not an excuse really.
check you out with your weight loss missy youve done really well!!!x

Thanks hun - as I said draw a line under it! Look at the plus side that you remained reasonably controlled, it could've been a whole lot worse! Just remind yourself, that losing the pounds is far more rewarding than the buzz you get from the short time that the food is in your mouth then gone into your tummy!!!! That's what I tell myself xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah your right, but i always said to myself if i was going to eat....itd be something healthy. but this weekend i had a sunday roast, a slice of pizza and a bloody mac donalds IM SO ANNOYED!!!!
i feel so sluggish too i had loadsa energy before.
sorry for ranting i know its entirely my fault but i just needed to have a moan at someone, i feel loads better already :)
xx

thank you saralett it helps so much knowing that someone else has gone through the same thing, the willpower is lacking at the moment but ill do well tomorrow im just going to stay on here all day!
were u really bad then? are you in ketosis still?
youve had a fab weightloss though :)xx
i dont check if im in ketosis or not, i went out last weekend and only had minor foods, but lots to drink, then back to ss on weds good for 4 days till sat night when hubby brought kfc home, i only ate 1 peice of chicken but had a wkd too, so i would of knocked myself out, sunday i was ace but today everything went out the window, im annoyed as i have my weigh in tomorrow and to my scales i had lost 5lbs since weds but i know thats going to change tomorrow morning. i still have that determination in my head so fingers crossed tomorrow is the start of me just getting back to it, you'll be fine hun, last week i still lost 4lbs after drinking and eating a little. just promise yourself that tomorrow is a new day, pm me if you like ill be around all day tomorrow for support.xx

yeah your right, but i always said to myself if i was going to eat....itd be something healthy. but this weekend i had a sunday roast, a slice of pizza and a bloody mac donalds IM SO ANNOYED!!!!
i feel so sluggish too i had loadsa energy before.
sorry for ranting i know its entirely my fault but i just needed to have a moan at someone, i feel loads better already :)
xx

I know its no consolation - but I could've done that lot in a day and a bit more previously..... Dont get angry, you'll be back in ketosis in a couple of days MAX x

like everyone said to me, dont dwell on it, tomorrow is another day.

Back