SO EXCITED!!!

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
I think this is it!! This is my diet!! I am so excited about it i have brought my start date forward, sod new years resolutions i wanna start my new life tomorrow!! so i will have a day off for xmas day and have a few drinks new year, its no reason to out diet off for another 3 weeks :D

i am so looking forward to being without the headache that is planning our weekly shop!!!!

Have to say I'm rather impressed - having done Exante previously (in run up to wedding, then fell of wagon but managed to not actually put any more on by doing Exante on and off - bad yo yo dieter!), I was hoping I wouldn't get despondent with only a small weight loss each week, but it seems to be falling off on Diet Chef for me, and its nice eating proper food.

Just need to fill up on broccoli etc, as it is rather small portions (or rather, its 'proper' portions, which had I been eating for the last 10 or so years, I wouldn't be such a fat pig! lol). Found all of it very yummy so far, the chunky soups are particularly nice imho.

Good luck :)

i did exante too but not for as long as you, i found once ketosis kicked in all the packs just made me feel sick, even tho i liked them to start. The two days before i gave up i actually hate half a bar and a can of coke zero that was it! Then tried atkins - similiar thing happened, ketosis is a great appetite supressant but i was verging on anorexic!! The irony!!

I am prepared for the small portions i think lol, i am getting a lock for the kitchen door, i know its sad but i am a real bad compulsive eater :( what i eat each day will be put into a box in reach , not in the kitchen and its all there in black and white, no "sod it lets just ge a pizza" cos i am too tired to cook or shop or think of what to eat.....

well done you on your losses :) whats your fave flave so far then?

Aw its nice to hear that its not just me that struggles to not eat whatever is in the cupboards. Good luck to you both x

Don't get me wrong - I really like Exante (and still have some to mix and match with DC for after Xmas incase DC starts slowing down - I am up against a deadline here after all lol) and actually found it hard to eat all I was meant to, even on TS Exante. I really loved the soups, especially the Thai Chicken, and the bars (not really a shake fan), so won't be sad if I have to use my packets.

With DC so far these are the winning flavours:
Soups:
Pea and Ham
Spicy Beef and Tomato
Chunky Veg
Minestrone
Sweet Pot and Coconut
Smoked Bacon and Bean
(not so fond of the Chicken soups, they seem a little weak and thin compared to the chunky others)
Dinners:
Lasagne (surprisingly yummy, but SO small! lol)
Chicken Tikka
Lamb Hotpot (so yum)
Meatballs (all)
Beef Bolognase
Salmon and Veg bake (really nice with loads of steamed brocilli on top)

For the breakfasts I am SO loving the porridges, espec. the apple one.

I don't eat all my milk allowance each day (not a fan of milk) and tend to not eat my fruit, rather have veg really, so am also adding a small portion of rice or pasta sometimes with an evening meal (about once or twice a week), which is nice when you are starving and want to pad it out.
Having said that though, I'm not that hungry today and didn't even have Breakky, so that's better :)

What about you, what are your favs?

I do love the way you get to choose exactly what you want in your hamper, makes it a lot nicer imho.

Know what you mean about cupboards as well - I have all my DC food out on the breakfast bar in one box for the week, and am only allowed to go to the fridge for a little milk and veggies really. Its easier not having to think about it, and am actually finding it easy with the small portion of rice/pasta when I've done that too.

I've found the old trick of serving it on a really small plate (or a small bowl most of the time in my case) is helping to trick me into thinking its more as well :D

(and thanks Neeni, same to you :D)

oooo i'm not a fan of porridge, i'm not much of a breakfast person either to be honest so i find the shakes quite useful for the mornings.

I'm on day two now (hence delay in replying) and so far i've loved the shakes (best i've tasted on any diet, and i've been on them all!!)
Also loved the tomato pasta salad, so rich and satisfying!
The mild tikka - nicer than any shop bought one i've tried, chicken was a lttle dry but to be expected with the type of packaging.
Minestrone soup (oh my god!!! lush!!!)
the popcorn bags are amazing, there is so much in there i can sit in front of the telly and scoff guilt free!!

I am so happy!!!

sounds really positive, the last few diets I started I got to the end of first day knowing I would never be able to stick to it, so its great to hear that your feeling good about it...only started today but think I am going to get to the end of the day feeling like maybe for once dieting doesnt seem like a battle of will power!

Hope you continue to enjoy and get the results you want too:)

Back