So frustrated about portion size info & now really worried about weigh in

Fat.ems

Hi guys, Apologies if this is a duplicate thread as I have no idea where my other one is.

When I joined SW on Thursday my consultant told me free foods were totally free and it was irrelivant the amount you have as long as 1/3 of your plate is filled with super free foods. Reading some of the stickys on this forum it in fact says that you should eat NORMAL size portions. I was under the impressions I could go for 2nds or even 3rds of something as long as it was free??? I have had pretty large portions of free foods over the last 2 days and am now petrified that I will not see a loss next week. :( :( if you have to eat until you are "full or satisfied" surely doesn't help the eat yourself slim motto I was hearing In group???? Also in the literature I have it seemed to say nowhere eat until you are full.

Can anyone clarify what is correct??? I can admit I am not the most patient person in the world and if I don't see a loss next week I will be so so so disheartened xxxxxx

Hi guys, Apologies if this is a duplicate thread as I have no idea where my other one is.

When I joined SW on Thursday my consultant told me free foods were totally free and it was irrelivant the amount you have as long as 1/3 of your plate is filled with super free foods. Reading some of the stickys on this forum it in fact says that you should eat NORMAL size portions. I was under the impressions I could go for 2nds or even 3rds of something as long as it was free??? I have had pretty large portions of free foods over the last 2 days and am now petrified that I will not see a loss next week. :( :( if you have to eat until you are "full or satisfied" surely doesn't help the eat yourself slim motto I was hearing In group???? Also in the literature I have it seemed to say nowhere eat until you are full.

Can anyone clarify what is correct??? I can admit I am not the most patient person in the world and if I don't see a loss next week I will be so so so disheartened xxxxxx

Your consultant is correct. You can have seconds or thirds if you are hungry. In he book it says the only limit is your appetite.

Don't forget, you get all your money back with SW if you don't lose weight in 4 weeks.

Listen to your consultant and read the books. You can read all sorts on here but remember, a lot of what you will read on here is personal opinion.

Thanks Jaylou and stivesliz makes me feel much better. It's quite hard seeing all the different opinions and sometimes contradictions. Hopefully I will see a loss at the scales next week. I'm becoming quite obessesed! Xx

I have never worried about portion sizes and have lost over 8.5stone. I like to eat a lot for my meals as it then stops me wanting to pick at naughty stuff so much. I often find that i lose better when i eat more.

Trust in the plan and eat as much as you need to feel satisfied and the scales are nothing to be afraid of.

Like the other ladies I don't worry about my portion sizes but I do try to eat my super free first . This is my second week, I lost 11.5lb in my first week so it defiantly does work, like the others said just trust the plan! Lots of luck x

I have never worried about portion sizes and have lost over 8.5stone. I like to eat a lot for my meals as it then stops me wanting to pick at naughty stuff so much. I often find that i lose better when i eat more.

Trust in the plan and eat as much as you need to feel satisfied and the scales are nothing to be afraid of.

WOW! 8.5 stones is amazing very inspirational. I will trust the plan thanks for your reassurance xx

Like the other ladies I don't worry about my portion sizes but I do try to eat my super free first . This is my second week, I lost 11.5lb in my first week so it defiantly does work, like the others said just trust the plan! Lots of luck x

11.5lbs wow! What an amazing achievement. When I was at group on Thurs us newbies were looking at the consultant dumbstruck that we could eat all this food and still loose. You guys are proof the plan does work! She said it literally comes off in chunks so I am hoping my first week I see a big loss like you did. I am banning myself from the scales until I am in group xxxx

I didn't weigh myself before hand, I normally lose around 6 so was gob smacked that I'd lost so much, I think the trick is to plan and not let yr self get to hungry, I'm likely to pick if I do

Another one here who doesn't worry about portion size. Free is free in my eyes and would rather fill up on that than sit thinking about the biscuits in the cupboard.

The stirfry I had the other day was literally falling off my plate. I only lost 1/2lb first week but lost 6lb second week so even if you don't see that huge chuck immediately keep going - as someone else said you might as well give it a month as if you really don't loose anything SW will give you your money back! Good luck.

Hey, don't worry about portion sizes, just eat until you are full:) The theory behind it is you fill up on superfree/free foods, so you won't end up snacking on the naughty things! :) As long as your following the plan, filling up 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods, drinking lots of fluid's and using at least 5-15 syns a day, you should be fine:D.xx

The way I have been reading and doing it is that as long as the ratio is 1/3 super free - eat until satisfied.

I have focused my energy into this ratio - eating big portions but in the correct ratio and I am happily full and I hope to lose steadily.

I did read that meals with syns or healthy extra's don't have to have the 1/3 super free as they are counted in the plan with syns or he's. I still try and have some super free though.

I think you also should go for super free as a first choice as a snack - but I don't always.

The way I have been reading and doing it is that as long as the ratio is 1/3 super free - eat until satisfied.

I have focused my energy into this ratio - eating big portions but in the correct ratio and I am happily full and I hope to lose steadily.

I did read that meals with syns or healthy extra's don't have to have the 1/3 super free as they are counted in the plan with syns or he's. I still try and have some super free though.

I think you also should go for super free as a first choice as a snack - but I don't always.

Agree with this beauty and our C said that if you go for 2nds and 3rds the super free should always be on the plate and eaten first. She also has said though that if you want 2nds and 3rds to have a drink between them as this will naturally cut down what you might consume and also slows down eating (takes a while for brain to register fullness). As others have said give it more than a week before you assess the plan cos it can take a while to get off the mark and to adjust to eating like this. Good luck :)

Good luck with the plan and your next weigh in - dont be disappointed if you dont lose 6 or 11.5 pounds your first week. Everyone is different and lose at different rates. Some have more to lose than others the less you have to lose I think the slower the losses. Just stick with the plan - you can see proof that it does work by looking at the fab success stories on these threads.

My consultant told me that in all her 16 years as a consultant never has she known SW to refund anyones money because they hadnt lost in the first 4 weeks. Were all on the same journey you will get to your goal in your own time

Good luck with the plan and your next weigh in - dont be disappointed if you dont lose 6 or 11.5 pounds your first week. Everyone is different and lose at different rates.

This! So true. I lost 1lb my 1st week at sW. I'd bought a 12 week countdown so i had to carry on even if I had been disheartened. People around me were losing 8/9lbs & I was a bit gutted rbh. My Consultant still talks about it with every new member!

Thing is, I've lost over 3 st now, and even though for most of the last year I have struggled with it, I've kept going to group & have protected my weight loss. Last week one of the women who joined with me 2 years ago rejoined, bigger than the last time.

It doesn't matter if you are the tortoise or the hate where your weight loss is concerned - as long as you get there eventually :)

Nd btw - don't worry about portion sizes, really not something to concern yourself with - you'll find that the longer you do sW the less you will eat but it'll happen naturally without you really realism g it xxx

In group this week this was mentioned and our consultant said you can go for seconds and thirds as long as your plate is exactly the same as the first time round as in you have to have a 1/3 superfree on EVERY plate and not just on the first!

Hope that makes sense :) x

I too agree with everything all the other posters have mentioned, but I would like to add -
Not everyone sees huge losses, remember
1lb a week is 3.5 stone a year....which is a huge amount, so don't get disheartened if you think your losses are small - they add up

I have a huge appetite and didn't stop eating all the free foods last week, felt like a right pig and when I got on the scales I'd lost 3lb woo hoo. I've binned my scales to as I can get slightly obsessed with weighing myself and it makes my weekly weigh in more exciting. I've discovered the most delicious choccie fix today I added an options hot chocolate to a toffee muller light it was so yummy and

I too agree with everything all the other posters have mentioned, but I would like to add -
Not everyone sees huge losses, remember
1lb a week is 3.5 stone a year....which is a huge amount, so don't get disheartened if you think your losses are small - they add up

That sounds very encouraging, I wouldn't mind being -3.5 in a year :)

Back