so .... here I am!!!

beckia

Hi everyone,

I'm becky and I've recently joined hoping for some support during my weight loss journey. I am hoping to start the CD very soon, I emailed a CDC this evening so just waiting for a appointment to start. I have previously done CD, about 2 years ago and successfully lost over 4 stones but unfortunately I never got to goal and never learnt how to maintain what I had lost. This time I am going to do it - I am so determined as I would like to start trying for baby number 2 but want to be at a good healthy weight and maintaining first. I also want to be back feeling great and loving my body like when I lost the weight before - I'm sick of hating myself and feeling embarrased - enough is enough!!
This was just a quick message to say Hi to everyone and hope you are all doing well, also please could anyone let me know if there have been any changes to the diet in the last 2years? I would love some buddies who I can join on our weight loss journeys so we can reach our goals together and be there every step of the way!
I have 5 stone to lose and want to be at a goal asap - no cheating for me I dont want to be on this diet any longer than I have to! , and like I said I will be starting as soon as I can get an appointment!

good luck everyone and wishing you all good results on the scales this week!

hi beckia, :welcome:
welcome to minimins and back to cd for ur final journey :).
i would love to buddy up with u.
i have more to lose than u do. i have lost 37lbs but still have around 140 to go til goal but want to be as close as possible by 15th october as i am to be bridesmaid to my younger sister :).
i see u are a bit of a night owl. these boards are usually quiet late at night so it will be nice to have someone around to chat with.
hopefully u will get an appointment soon so u can start melting those calories away and be well on the way to where u want to be in life. :D

Hi,
thanks for your reply - well done on your losses so far - 37lbs is amazing! - and what a great target you've got for losing weight!!! - I am definitely a night owl - it gets worse when I'm in ketosis - last time I didnt sleep for 2 nights in a row!!!
How have you found the diet so far??

well, like urself, im not new to cd.
ive done it twice before, both times losing 3 stone and unfortunately both times having to leave due to health problems (the embarrassing fact that i suffer VERY badly with constipation and my record for not going to the toilet was 15 days)
i am still having problems in that department this time around but im taking fibre, psylium husk tablets and 3 movicol every day to try to prevent things getting as severe as they were last time around.
i suffer from chronic IBS so the doctor thinks cd just seems to trigger that with me.
but hey, i will still do this, i HAVE to do this :).
i refuse to be the fat bridesmaid who doesnt even want to be in the pictures. i want to hold my head up high , be proud of my sister and equally proud of myself.
as for how im finding the diet this time around.
i was cheating ( nothing major, always protein based so stayed in ketosis) 3-4 nights a week but no more. if i want this to work and work quickly i have to do it to the letter, so for the last 14 days i have been 100% and its getting easier and easier every day. :D

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

I really feel for you and your problems it must be so frustrating getting so far then having to stop because of your health!! - Good for you tho you sound really determined and hopefully your combination of husks, movicol and fibre will prevent things getting bad again to the point you have to stop.
I have to admit when I did this diet before I found it very easy to slip into the habit of a little bit of this wont hurt etc etc - and then before I knew it I would be spiralling out of control! so my motto this time is that anything extra that passes my lips could result in an extra week of having to do this diet and lets face it its not cheap is it and I want that money to buy beautiful clothes. I intend to stay 100% (easier said than done I know) but I need to start thinking long term - thinking short term is what got me in this mess in the first place!! I agree with you that it gets easier and easier the longer you are 100% when I first did CD I was 100% for 12weeks - I then had my sisters wedding and had a few nibbles nothing major but I managed to stay in ketosis - this was the worst thing that could of happened to me as I then felt as tho I could get away with it - but the reality was I was only cheating myself - these odd little nibbles soon started adding up and then trying to do the diet 100% again became impossible and then before I knew it I just hit a brick wall - so there is no way I'm slipping off the rails this time its 100% all the way!
Have you been doing any exercise alongside the diet??

thanks sistahkat for the warm welcome x

i know what u mean. i was having chicken salads ( low carb greens for salads ) and had convinced myself that it probably wasnt affecting my weight losses at all as i was losing fairly regular 3lbs a week BUT when i finally decided to do 100% for a week and actually stick with it i lost 6lbs that week.... i then went on to lose 3lbs again this week however but was again 100%. im looking at it as 9lbs over a 2 week period. heck, i cant moan about that.
exercise i barely do.
i do have a treadmill and a shakeweight but i also have osteo arthritus so with my current weight its really difficult to do anything for more than a few minutes.
im hoping once im carrying less weight on my bones i will be able to do some exercises.
i would love to play badminton again as i used to love that and would also love a go at zumba.... but neither are possible... YET!!.
do u exercise much when on cd?

9lbs over 2 weeks - definitely nothing to complain about there!!!!!! I would love to try zumba too - I had a car accident last August and have problems with my back ever since so at the moment its not possible for me to exercise that much either but I'm hoping that will start to get better soon as last time when I was in ketosis I had so much for energy had it not been for the gym I dont know what I would of done with myself!!!! Are you normally a night owl too?

lol yeah.
i suffer from insomnia so when i do finally get to sleep it is only ever for a few hours and then im awake again.
usually go to bed anywhere from 1-5am. lol

I normally go to bed between 2am and 4am so should be bumping into you quite often then!!!!

lol yep, just expect this place to be kinda echoey at this time of night ;).
i am going to head off to bed but i will be back like clockwork tomorrow. im usually logged into this forum most of the day.
i hope u get a quick reply from the cdc.
hopefully i will cya around very soon and chat.
looking forward to hearing all about ur wonderful weight losses soon. :D
good night xx

thanks hope you get some sleep I'm heading off to bed now too!! Its been nice chatting hope to speak to you again soon will let you know as soon as I hear from cdc take care x

Back