So i am joining class tomorrow....

Fruitybabe

As the post states I am joining class tomorrow after a nearly 12 month break. I have been trying ww the last few months and it just doesn't work for me.
I have just done my online shop and am all ready to begin with lots of motivation and determination to do it right this time and not give up no matter what :)
That being said I am nervous about walking thought the door on my own but that will be the worst part once it's done it's done.
I have had a look at recipes on here and will be batch cooking on the weekend. Going to take Christmas 1 day at a time and see how I go and try my best to stay in control. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and support on my earlier thread it really did help, I am also armed with a free voucher for membership again thanks to this forum :D

I know how daunting tomorrow may be - but its the first step to regaining control over your food / eating, and a few wks from now you will have friends there who are sharing/supporting you on your journey x

That's right slimby. It's a group I have always gone to so don't know what I am so worried about I know a few people there and the consultant is lovely. It's just the initial walking in bit just gotta get through that and I will be fine, I am looking forward to it underneath all the nerves, will do me good to have control again :)

Good luck fruity :)

Good luck, you'll be fine.

Would it help if you phoned your consultant and told her you'll be coming back and then she'll be expecting you. Might take some of the pressure off.

I just wrote a big reply but my phone locked up for some reason and I lost it :(
Anyway the gist of it was that I was thinking of ringing the consultant but would probably get tongue tied and plus it will be a surprise for her too. Hubby is working tonight so I have to go on my own, so not looking forward to that but like I said once it has been done its done.
Thanks for the replies and I will definitely keep you all up to date. How did you deal with your first class, I have been before but it all feels so new again lol :)

I just wrote a big reply but my phone locked up for some reason and I lost it :(
Anyway the gist of it was that I was thinking of ringing the consultant but would probably get tongue tied and plus it will be a surprise for her too. Hubby is working tonight so I have to go on my own, so not looking forward to that but like I said once it has been done its done.
Thanks for the replies and I will definitely keep you all up to date. How did you deal with your first class, I have been before but it all feels so new again lol :)

Hi hun, well done you for deciding to rejoin. I rejoined a month ago, after falling off the bandwagon for a few months, due to a number or reasons.

I'd been on the plan for a couple of months and had lost just over a stone. In late July, my father had a heart attack. This was what nocked me off plan completely - I had better things on my mind than worrying about what I was eating. Anyway, after he got sorted, I had thought I could stick to the plan at home, but it just didn't happen. I was always cheating - cheating myself, nobody else. And then in September, it was time for my weeks All Inclusive holiday with my best friend. Again, totally no sticking to plan at all. Foodwise I was okay, but it was the drink that did it.

I got back from my holidays on a Sunday, and my group was on a Tuesday. I decided to bite the bullet and go that Tuesday to rejoin. It's the best decision I've ever made!

My consultant was really welcoming and happy to see me back at group. This was comforting, as I too was really nervous, and quite embarrassed, about joining for the second time. A lot of the same members were still there, along with some lovely new ones too. They all made me feel really welcome, and I knew I was 'home'.

Even better, when I stood on the scales I got a surprise. A nice surprise, not a shock. I had actually only gained 10lb since I was last there - it might seem a lot, but I thought I'd have gained everything I'd previously lost, and more!! I was thrilled, and now a month on, I've lost 9.5lb - almost all of what I'd re-gained :)

You've made such a great choice to rejoin Slimming World, and I hope you have as pleasant an experience as I had when I rejoined. Good luck, and let us know how you get on xx

I could nearly have written that myself princess stevie :O

my wee dad had a heart attack too, and i just went to pot! I'm the type of person that eats under stress lol :p

How strange!! Hope your dad is feeling better now?

Me too hun. I'm definitely a comfort eater. I wish I was one of these people who can't eat when they're stressed, but unfortunately I'm the complete opposite lol!

xx

How strange!! Hope your dad is feeling better now?

Me too hun. I'm definitely a comfort eater. I wish I was one of these people who can't eat when they're stressed, but unfortunately I'm the complete opposite lol!

xx

Yeah he's ok now, luckily it was only a minor partial blockage and the "heart attack" itself was not a full blown one, his bloods were mid 70s and a full blown heart attack is usually 100+, so very very lucky he got it seen to :) My dad's very healthy, but heart disease runs in the family sadly.. he's only 56!

Hope your dad is ok too?

Yeah I know a lot of people that do the whole stress not eating thing, but I tend to just not talk about things and plonk myself in front of a pizza or something instead :( xx

Hope they are both recovering well girls. I know exactly what you mean with emotional eating I do it all the time I need to try and get out of it as thinking about what I have to eat is not always top priority in those situations Maybe things like playing a game or some exercise may help, not sure yet tho lol. Food has always been a comfort for me and it's gonna be hard to break that will have to take baby steps and hope I get there one day :)

Yeah he's ok now, luckily it was only a minor partial blockage and the "heart attack" itself was not a full blown one, his bloods were mid 70s and a full blown heart attack is usually 100+, so very very lucky he got it seen to :) My dad's very healthy, but heart disease runs in the family sadly.. he's only 56!

Hope your dad is ok too?

Yeah I know a lot of people that do the whole stress not eating thing, but I tend to just not talk about things and plonk myself in front of a pizza or something instead :( xx

I'm so pleased to hear that he is okay! Heart attacks are such frightening things.

My dad is getting on great, he's at the hospital this afternoon for a check up but expecting things to be just fine.

He has been so lucky, in so many ways. When he had the heart attack, it sent his heart into a funny ryhthm and nocked him unconcious. It was not the heart attack that concerned them so much, but the amount of time oxygen had not reached his brain - we were told that even if he did make it, there was a great chance that he'd be brain damaged. The thing is, he wasn't even supposed to be at home the night it happened. He worked away a lot, and was supposed to be in America. The only reason he hadn't gone was because he was due to go to the funeral of his friends father. It was a blessing in disguise - if he had gone to America he would have simply been found by housekeeping, and we'd have never seen him again. Very scary thought!!

Anyway, he ended up having a triple heart bypass, due to his arteries being different (he always has to be different), and they were twisted up like a "curlywurly", as the consultant put it.

Four month on now and he's doing fantastically well. If you didn't know him, and that he'd had a heart attack, you'd never think anything was wrong with him! We're absolutely thrilled xx

Good luck for tonight Fruitybabe. We're all rooting for you. :clap:

Keep us posted. :D

Good luck! It will be fine keep us all posted xx

I'm so pleased to hear that he is okay! Heart attacks are such frightening things.

My dad is getting on great, he's at the hospital this afternoon for a check up but expecting things to be just fine.

He has been so lucky, in so many ways. When he had the heart attack, it sent his heart into a funny ryhthm and nocked him unconcious. It was not the heart attack that concerned them so much, but the amount of time oxygen had not reached his brain - we were told that even if he did make it, there was a great chance that he'd be brain damaged. The thing is, he wasn't even supposed to be at home the night it happened. He worked away a lot, and was supposed to be in America. The only reason he hadn't gone was because he was due to go to the funeral of his friends father. It was a blessing in disguise - if he had gone to America he would have simply been found by housekeeping, and we'd have never seen him again. Very scary thought!!

Anyway, he ended up having a triple heart bypass, due to his arteries being different (he always has to be different), and they were twisted up like a "curlywurly", as the consultant put it.

Four month on now and he's doing fantastically well. If you didn't know him, and that he'd had a heart attack, you'd never think anything was wrong with him! We're absolutely thrilled xx

Ahh yeah. My dad had bad "indigestion" for about a week, and was away in london for the most part of it, walking 10-15 miles a day lol!! My grandad dropped dead at the age of 40, and my dad said he has been waiting for 20 years for it to happen :( Fortunately his health has saved him, he just needed a stent in place and bobs your uncle, hes fine and back at work with instruction to not have too much stress!

yeah fruitybabe, emotional eating is very hard to tackle :( Whens the weigh in today?? xx

Hi hanna, weigh in for me is at 6pm. My stomach just flipped when I wrote that down lol, it's only the initial one so don't have to worry about loss or gain but am not going to look at the scales as stead to think how much I weigh now. May look at it later in the week I I feel brave :)

Back