So, I had a chinese takeaway last night

Babana

I had a chinese takeaway last night (Chicken chow mein and spring roll). I had only eaten a small apple and one cream cracker all day so probably wasn't too far over my calories so I'm not too worried about that.

However, this morning I woke up feeling awful. Not food poisoning awful but just felt really heavy in my stomach and just yucky...a little bit like a hang over. Now I didn't overly stuff myself last night so why do I feel yuck?

I'm starting to realise that now that i have been calorie counting for the past week that my stomach can only tolerate so much, i think its because my diet has been consisting of mainly vegetables, what has your diet been like maybe that has something to do with it?

Your body just probably isn't used to a big hit of carbs, fat and oil anymore!

Don't worry too much about it, it will be to do with the fat content of the meal, and your body rebelling a little. You should take it as a good sign, your body is clearly adapting to a healthier way of eating and living. :eating:

Yeah the same thing always happens to me when I've been eating super healthy and then eat something not so good, I feel groggy/tired/generally rubbish the next day. Goes to show how much healthy eating benefits I guess!

Do you know I hadn't even thought it might've been my body rebelling! LOL! Thanks for all the comments. It actually makes me feel quite pleased that my body is more intollerant of fatty food than it used to be. I must try to remember this horrible yucky feeling as hopefully it will put me off eating badly in the future!

Do you know I hadn't even thought it might've been my body rebelling! LOL! Thanks for all the comments. It actually makes me feel quite pleased that my body is more intollerant of fatty food than it used to be. I must try to remember this horrible yucky feeling as hopefully it will put me off eating badly in the future!

It really is a good sign. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a treat now and then, however one can over do it (not that I think you did). Processed foods, and takeaways generally take a long time to digest because of their salt and fat content, which would explain that 'heavy' feeling you are experiencing. Are you feeling a little better now?

I have mentioned before my Pizza hangover !!! I love pizza but the following day, I feel yukky !!! As I indulged a few weeks ago, I am hoping the craving won't rear it's head for about three months or so !!! Lol !!!
I am eating low fat, cc and Veggie, so having ANY junk food is really an eye opener these days. Don't want to even think that my old diet was like 80% these kinds of food, I'm surprised I wasn't ill 24/7 !!!! :eek:

Diva x

I feel so much better now. I went out for a long power walk and had some crackers and cottage cheese for lunch and felt totally better. I'm nor going to be having a chinese for quite a while I think.

Fantastic. :D
I think that is a good idea Babana, don't feel that you can never 'treat' yourself though because you can. Everything in moderating as my mother would say. ;)

I had pizza last night and a few hours later I felt pretty rough!

I had pizza last night and a few hours later I felt pretty rough!

Isn't it interesting Caroline how able our body is at adapting to a new lifestyle? I know we all complain about sluggish metabolisms, big bones, thyroid problems, but generally if one eats sensibly, and eats in moderation ones body is MORE than capable of finding a middle ground, and maintaining weight without having to follow any extreme diet or plan. It is just a shame humans diets have evolved in such a way as to potentially hinder the body's ability to function properly. ):

When I read this last night, all I could think about was 'oo I could murder some chilli salt and pepper chicken fillets from the Chinese' lol but yeh, your right, after I eat a lot of junk food, I wake up feeling so dehydrated, and my belly is still bulging from all the food, not a nice feeling at all x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think it just goes to show how much CRAP there is in these takeaways. The only reason people generally like takeaway is because of the high salt content which is addictive. No one in this world could tell me home cooked food, or food cooked by a professional chef does not beat a takeaway hands down. It is actually an insult to put the two in the same sentence, ahahaaa. Power to healthy food I say. :)

Back