So if I eat cream and cheese and oopsies will I still lose weight?

nikkikb

I am confused as people are now saying don't overdo the dairy and the oopsie rolls. I have been sticking to the plan (apart from not getting quiet enough veg in but am working on that) but think I would struggle if it were just meat, eggs and veg all the live long day. A bit of cheese sauce on my veggies made from cream and cheddar and an oopsie roll every now and then is what will get me through!

I am also drinking a vodka and coke zero or two a night (one can coke zero only). Is this a bad move? I had 7lbs off the first week but only 1 this week.

What should my ideal daily menu be? I do struggle as I HATE salad with a passion (salad leaves, uncooked tomatoes, radish and cucumber make me gag - basically anything uncooked). Will this diet still work for me?

If I was you Nikki I would skip induction and go straight to the OWL phase if you are not already. Weight loss will slow down but doing what you are doing won't be such a problem as you will be finding your ideal carb levels. In induction alcohol is really not allowed.

I am not an expert so I am sure some of the others will pop by and advise you better than me x

Everyone is different - i can eat cream and cheese in moderation and still lose well. Some people stall at a sniff of cheese.

Sweetners seem more dangerous i'm afraid so if losses slow that is first thing i would remove

Alcohol - minimise number of days and amount - again everyone different

Atkins is a woe - you will find out what works for you!

Ok so I will cut down the vodka and coke to just weekends to see what difference that makes. I will also increase the veg and water and see how this week goes. If I have a crap loss next week I will cut out the cheese and see what happens :)

I don't really feel any thinner after two weeks although I am sure I am. I just need to relax a bit and remember it takes time to lose weight :)

Ok so I will cut down the vodka and coke to just weekends to see what difference that makes. I will also increase the veg and water and see how this week goes. If I have a crap loss next week I will cut out the cheese and see what happens :)

I don't really feel any thinner after two weeks although I am sure I am. I just need to relax a bit and remember it takes time to lose weight :)

And... :)

...that you've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks! That's pretty amazing!

8lb in two weeks ... wowee. I hope my result is half that ! The voddie must work for you :) Congrats!

You have had a really good start, 8lbs!
I cannot stress enough how much importance should eb placed on the book. Its not just about eating eggs and meat and cheese. Its about the science. Why does eating high fat help you shed the weight- its all clear in the book. Dr A did put a limit on things like cheese and cream but this was to stop us overeating them just becuase we could. It has little to do with the carbs in them (although they arent carb free of course)
We all know that alcohol is a no no especially if you are in the first few weeks. But again not for the carb levels but becuase it could lead to associated cravings and the alcohol needs to burn off before the fat you have eaten can be.I choose to have a drinkie and accept that for a few hours out of the day, my body changes to burn the alcohol.

Find what works for you. If you can eat the cream and cheese at the level you are,carry on.

Back