So I'm officially on 810 plan!

minirog

Silver Member
My new CDC came to see me tonight and she was absolutely lovely. A totally different experience from the last one. She gave me all my books and weighed me (yep - the last one didn't even do that!) and sat and chatted and answered all my questions. She stayed for an hour and really seemed to care about me and my goal. I heart her!

We decided that given I am about to start training for a half marathon, I should do 810 for a few weeks and then see how I am going. If I want to get into training I will need to move up a plan, but if I feel like I am not happy with the losses I can do less exercise and move onto SS+.

I am worried that my weightlosses won't be as good, but she promises that with the amount of exercise I am doing at the moment (she even suggested I cut back a bit for these first 2 weeks, but we'll see!) it is better to have mroe calories so my body doesn't burn muscle and slow my metabolism down any further. I would lose less weight overall that way. I hope she's right, but she seems so enthusiastic and lovely that I feel I can pout my trust in her.

Fingers crossed!

It also helped that I have lost 5lb in 3 days! She had to weigh me and I said that my scales must weigh me heavier, but I double checked on my own and it was real! I'd lost 5lb :D

I'm counting that as my first weeks weight loss - it'll do for me!!!

Sorry to ramble I am just excited!

:D

i do 810 - look at my record (excuse that I was naughty over crimbo!)
ITS DO-ABLE!

Wow! you are doing great! That gives me hope that it will be okay.

Can I ask do you still go into ketosis on 810 on not?

Thanks xx

Good luck with the 810 plan :)

I did 810 last yr and will be starting it again tomorrow as my body just cannot cope without solid food going through it.

Generally, I really struggle to lose weight due to an underactive thyroid and pcos and whilst my losses were less than others, I still HAD losses so that was fine with me :)

I did go into ketosis but I don`t know if that`s an individual thing whilst on 810 plan.

Enjoy your new food ;)

Xx

hi

i've ran 2 half marathons so far and have a 3rd this year. i did quite a bit of training for it on ss then 810 plan. i went on to a higher plan each time when i was really running loads, probably in excess of 7 miles at any one time. i was running 4 times a week most of the time with a weekly total of 25-30 miles. my long runs i used to do almost 12 miles. remember a few things. listen to your body, rehydrate yourself, do a mix of training - interval, fast runs, slow runs and long easy runs. the interval runs are the ones that really help with your speed and strength.

p.s when is your half marathon?

hey I am glad you have found a great CDC , it really does make a difference to your attitude and progress . Good luck with 810 its a great plan and I plan to go back on it when I have lost my crimbo gain !!
as for ketosis , some people are in and some arent , its really down to your carb sensitivity !

I deffo go into ketosis on 810 but my body is super sensitive to carbs

i'm on 810 this week for my add a meal week and still def in ketotsis.

p.s when is your half marathon?

Wow, you've done amazing with your weight loss and your running. What an inspiration!

My half marathon is on 8th May and I intend to start my proper training in feb to give me 3 months. Til then I am doing a c25k refresher, starting from week 4, to get me gently back into it. I;ve not run properly all winter really (naughty me - :break_diet:)

hey I am glad you have found a great CDC , it really does make a difference to your attitude and progress . Good luck with 810 its a great plan and I plan to go back on it when I have lost my crimbo gain !!
as for ketosis , some people are in and some arent , its really down to your carb sensitivity !

She really is lovely I'm so happy. It really is making me feel more motivated this morning (so far!!!). Glad I've found other people that are doing 810, makes me feel less weird :D

Back