so its christmas............

Kes

Gold Member
well as its the first of december, and i now think its official to start talking about it, listening to carols, etc....

whats everyone up to this year?
anyone got some nice tropical holiday booked to get you away from the ever growning colder weather we have??

for me, we are having christmas at ours (me, hubby, hubbies mum and dad and his grandma)

next year how ever!!!! AUSTRALIA HERE WE COME!! bring it on... cant wait!!!

so yeah... whats every one else up to this year????

im having everyone here for dinner this year, cos i have the biggest place, perhaps not such a bonus lol ,

i have about 20 family members coming and im not looking forward to doing all the dinner lol

any tips to keep me sane?

Ah same-o same-o

Don't really do much, dad cooks the dinner. Brother and SiL (& her kiddies) may turn up for dinner may not (my mum bullies them a bit).

Then later in the evening we have a couple of mates over to play trivial pursuit!

I just like having the time of work.

Green-eyes: I would suggest copious amounts of alcohol but I don't think that would help with the cooking :p

Well I've had the rubbish news that I'm being made redundant at Xmas :cry: Have worked there for 12 1/2 years so am really gutted...on the plus side we've decided that we're going to go to Egypt for New Year, hopefully, so that should cheer me up!! Also I'll be 4 1/2 stones lighter than I was last Xmas so surely thats something to be happy about too!! :D

Well I've had the rubbish news that I'm being made redundant at Xmas :cry: Have worked there for 12 1/2 years so am really gutted...on the plus side we've decided that we're going to go to Egypt for New Year, hopefully, so that should cheer me up!! Also I'll be 4 1/2 stones lighter than I was last Xmas so surely thats something to be happy about too!! :D

hey hun so sorry to hear your bad news1 u still sound positive tho! im sure something will be round the corner soon!

an a massive well done for losing 4 and a half stone! woooop!

Me too...although i dont know WHEN exactly my job's going. Ive worked for my company 15 years on the 12th! Ive been applying for internal vacancies though and hope that something will come up.

In answer to the thread question, xmas plans are still very up in the air for me. With my dad in the hospice, we dont know what the situation will be at xmas, so we havent really planned for anything:(

You sound very positive, it'll

Sorry to hear about you job, what a bummer just before xmas.

My xmas plans....well eldest DD is off to Ireland next week to live with her boyfriend, middle one has her own flat and we've sort of fallen out so she has oter plans, so our xmas will be me and OH , youngest DD and her BF, playing lots of silly board games. Should be nice, very low key, rest of the family is 600 miles away so won't see them till May next year. I am getting a very nice pressie from my MIL though, she's buying us a new fridge to go in our brand new kitchen, I'm sooo excited.
xx:D

Back