So I've Just Started!

RobinGuest

Hi, My name's Robin and I've just started SS on the Cambridge Weight Plan. I'm on my second day and so far so good! I have a real long way to go. I want to lose about 7 stone. I think this would be a good place to write down my experience so I have it all in a safe place, should I need to look back at it. If you like to read it, I hope it's not too boring. So, here goes.

First of, why am I dieting:

1. Obviously I'm obese. This is not only effecting my health, but my head. I feel conscious about my weight all the time and feel I am immediately judged by what I look it before people even speak to me. THis saddens me some what, but alas, I guess that's a sad fact of life.

2. I have a little nephew, he's almost one! He's a wonderful little kid with such a great personality. He's just getting the idea that he wants to walk, and I know walking soon turns into running! I want to be able to enjoy running around with him. Playing in the park and what not! I don't wanna be the 'fat uncle who can't do anything'.

3. Me and my partner are planning a 3 month holiday to get away from the cold winters here in the UK. If I'm huge, I'm going to HATE sitting in the sun, and boy do I love the sun! I don't have to look perfect, I'm not expecting miracles, but I want to be confident enough to stroll about the pool without a shirt on.

4. Energy. I never have energy! So, along with quitting smoking, I plan on getting lots more energy to enjoy my life. I want to walk around without eventually feeling like i've walked a marathon!

So yes. I know why I want to lose the weight, and i'm SO motivated! Wish me luck!

I'll update again soon!

Best of luck Robin with motivation like that you will lose that weight =D

Thanks! Just wish I could get rid of this headache :)

Good luck, keep at it and the results will follow on there own :)

It's gets easier each week until it just becomes part of your routine. When I had headaches near the start I was just taking paracetamol and remmbering to keep my water up as that helps also.

The smoking I haven't been able to quit yet but the patches seem to be the most effective route unless you subscribe to the cold turkey approach, which is horrible :p

Today is hard =[

So I'm on to day three. Seems like nothing so far, but today has been pretty hard already! I was able to keep myself busy the past few days, but now I have nothing to do. It doesn't help that my parents/nan just left 43 easter eggs sitting about for my other family members! Just need to keep my eyes on the goal and power forward I guess. Things can only get better!

Last edited:
The days will get easier, days 3 & 4 will be the hardest, once you've done it you'll start feeling really good and the weight loss you achieve will be so worth not eating xx good luck x

Back