Green Days So knackered

888sally888

Morning All,

I have been folllowing the green plan 100% since last May - however I feel so tired so much of the time - does anyone else on green feel like this?

Am tempted to go back to eating fish as I feel I am lacking in something.

Thank you - Sally x

What are your food diaries like? Are your menus nutritionally balanced?

Hi - thank you for the replies.

Looking at my diaries, I think maybe protein may be a bit low. Some days I have fruit and yoghurt for b'fast, then ryvita and philli for lunch then a pasta & veg meal for dinner. Lack of protein on a day like that maybe.

Blimey, no wander you're tired....you're starving yourself! From what you say, you're eating nowhere near enough food! Are you active/exercise or mainly sedentry? Even if you're sedentry, personally I would increase your food intake & like you say add in some more protein

kim63 said:
Blimey, no wander you're tired....you're starving yourself! From what you say, you're eating nowhere near enough food! Are you active/exercise or mainly sedentry? Even if you're sedentry, personally I would increase your food intake & like you say add in some more protein

Was thinking the same. Your body needs a certain amount of calories just to exist so if that's all you're eating, I doubt it's even that :(

Definite lack of protein, also iron is harder for the body to get from plant foods, so you need a diet rich in dark green leafy veg, it has vit c to aid absorption too.
Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid are also very important and you need to make sure you eating the right foods for that.
I'm the short term take some B Complex vitamins, and increase your green leafy veg.
Sorry I would pepper this with links but I'm on my phone x

Thank you all for your replies - will def try for more leafy veg and will buy some Vitamin B later when out - think I may go back to eating some fish too - really feel lacking in something!
PS - like your new pic Shirlees!

You can't leave out a major food group such as protein and expect to feel fine.

There are lots of non-meat/fish sources of protein. Eggs, cheese, pulses, quorn, tofu, etc.

What the others have said youre npot eating anywhere near enough - number 1 thing to do is get yourself some ferrous sulphate tablets from the chemist - the proper stuff, 200mg once or twice a day (not the miniscule multivitamin dosage).

I see zero iron rich stuff in that diet and strongly suspect you're quite simply just anaemic.

Tofu is a great source of protein and free on green plan, I take a daily B12 and an iron supplement.

If after all that you are still tired you may need your thyroid function tested by doc. But iron and vitamins and protein will probably sort you out!

Back