So my journey begins......again

Today I decided to bite the bullet and rejoin slimming world for the 100th time! I'm 30 in 2 years and I don't won't to be fat at 30 I've spent my childhood, teens and twenties being fat!

I joined a brand new group! Acted like a very new member until I saw a familiar face in the room! Looks like everyone has the same idea of rotating their groups! I had my new member talk, paid and then it was time to get on them dreaded scales... I guessed that I hadn't put on that much weight! I mean I have two kids under 6 to keep me busy! Oh how wrong I was! I weighed in at 20 stone 11lbs! No where near the 18stone mark I thought I was! Now I know why my trousers are getting far too tight!

Tomorrow (Thursday 21st January) will be the first day of my new healthy eating journey! I've decided to document it on this forum! The good, the bad and the ugly!

Hopefully I'll be two stone lighter by tomorrow night!! (We can all wish!!!)

Xxx

Day 1!
Breakfast: 35g porridge oats,
250ml semi-skimmed milk
Lunch: bacon salad with homemade coleslaw (2syns)
Dinner: Turkey roast dinner (1.5 syn gravy, 2 syns mint sauce)
Snacks: banana

Total syns: 5.5

The lack of sugar has hit whilst I'm writing this! I'm so exhausted today! I've wanted something sweet after every meal because I'm so used to stuffing my face with chocolate! Very proud that I actually stuck to it all day! Day one shouldn't be hard but I find it difficult to change my habits quickly!

Plans for tomorrow: make overnight oats so breakfast will be sorted! Get out the house to distract myself from the food! Have dinner prepared in advance so I don't have to rush about after picking husband up!!

Till tomorrow xxx

Day 2!
Breakfast: overnights oats ( heb) (0.5syns)
Lunch: tuna pasta salad (1.5syns)
Dinner: egg fried rice with salt and pepper chicken! (Syn free can you believe it!!!)
Snacks: Aldi light benefit bar (3syns)

Total syns: 5

Had a very productive day! I managed to stick to my meals! Day two feels like a success!! I did a 30mins walk! The dog was very happy about that! I can't believe I made egg fried rice for zero syns! It tasted even better than the chip shop version!!

Plans for tomorrow: it's the weekend so need to have my determined head on!! I'm going shopping in the morning so hopefully that will distract me! Going to have weetabix for breakfast to keep me full! Chicken stir fry for lunch and spaghetti bolognese for dinner!

Till tomorrow
X

Day 3
Breakfast: yogurt (0.5) strawberries
Lunch: chicken noodle mugshot, stirfry veg and chicken
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese and cheese (hea)
Snacks: tangerine, 2 heb Aldi light benefit bars, Aldi cheese curls (3)

Total syns: 3.5

It was a long day yesterday, my son is full of cold and not coping very well so was super clingy! I still managed to stay on track and make the meals I had planned to do! I think it might of helped in a way as I was stuck on the sofa providing cuddles so couldn't go into the kitchen! Not feeling too good myself now!!!

Plans for tomorrow: hubby off work all day so need to make sure we are proactive and stick to plans! Breakfast is going to be a full English minus the sausages!, lunch is left over bolognese on top of a jacket potato. My plan for dinner is chicken tikka curry! Hopefully if it's not raining we will take the kids to the park! My daughter hasn't been able to go on her new scooter since Christmas the weather has been awful every time she is off school!

Till tomorrow xxx

Day 4!
Breakfast: bacon, eggs, mushroom, tomatoes and brown sauce (1syn)
Lunch: left over bolognese with jacket potato 40g light Cheddar (hea)
Dinner: diet coke chicken with rice
Snacks: Aldi cheese curls (3 syns), 2 Aldi light benefit bars (heb), Greek yogurt (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5

I think I've had a very successful first weekend! We had a family walk along the beach! Very windy but worth it! Stuck to my plans for meals! Feeling very proud of myself!

Plans for tomorrow: the husband is in work 12-10 so have a long day with the two kids, going to prepare meals whilst daughter is in school and snack on the fruit!! Might even have a walk to the local shops! Will avoid the food shops!!

Till tomorrow xxx

Day 5
Breakfast: scrambled egg, tomatoes and 2 slices of brown bread (heb)
Lunch: savoury rice with extra onions
Dinner: tuna pasta with pepper, cucumber and sweetcorn with mayonaise (2syns)
Snacks: Aldi benefit light bar (3 syns) banana

I'm late writing this again as I spent the majority of yesterday evening nursing my poorly baby. He is full of cold and every time I put him down he would have an horrendous cough. We eventually all managed to get some sleep! Yesterday was an ok day. I felt hungry all day and had no idea what to cook! My planned meals didn't fit in with the day! I had a lot of driving round, school runs, dropping husband off at work, visiting parents just a busy day! But I still managed to avoid the biscuit tin and ended on 5 syns! My scales at home say I've lost nothing... Hoping they are just broke! I'm going to leave them alone I think! I'm pretty sure that's what put me in a mood yesterday!

Plans for tomorrow (today!): husband isn't in work till 3 so I can prepare some food whilst he cuddles little man! I'm having porridge and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and I'm going to do a stirfry for dinner!! My main goal for today is to eat more fruit! I'm not a big fruit eating but I'm going to try and eat about 7 pieces today! (That doesn't include bananas, as I eat enough of them!)

Till tomorrow xxx

:0clapper:Hi Slim
Wow you seem to have the bit firmly in your teeth! Well done on a fab start. Sorry to hear your little one is poorly and hope he gets better soon. Keep on with what you are doing and I shall be cheering you on.

Thank you for your lovely message! He seems a lot brighter today! I feel like I've had a good first week, I'm just going to keep going. I certainly don't want to be getting any bigger! Xx

Day 6
Breakfast: poached egg on toast (heb)
Lunch: mug shot ( 1 syn)
Dinner: chicken and egg salad, salad cream (2 syns)
Snacks: cheese curls (3 syns), Apple

Total syns: 6 syns

Today has been a slow day! Apart from the housework I've done nothing! I think the tiredness has caught up with me! My daughter now has a chesty cough so looks like it's another long night for me!! Anyway my food has been good! But I weighed myself again and I've still lost nothing! I don't know what I've done wrong to not have lost any weight! Fingers crossed it's just my scales messing up and not me! I haven't really used many syns all week, I wonder if that has anything to do with it... I just thought syns were there if you wanted them but you don't have to eat them! Maybe next week I'll eat more syns and more fruit/veg!! I have my first weigh in tomorrow! I'm actually excited/nervous to get weighed but at least it's not the daunting I've done crap feeling!

Plans for tomorrow: weight day so light meals planned! Breakfast is fruit and yogurt, lunch is a salad or some sort and then I will starve myself till I'm back after weigh about 6pm then it's a treat night! I know it's naughty but we have some Chinese wings and ribs in the freezer that we bought before I started slimming world that need using up! So no takeaway just high synned food! Wish me luck for tomorrow's weigh in!!

Till tomorrow xxx

Day 2!
Breakfast: overnights oats ( heb) (0.5syns)
Lunch: tuna pasta salad (1.5syns)
Dinner: egg fried rice with salt and pepper chicken! (Syn free can you believe it!!!)
Snacks: Aldi light benefit bar (3syns)

Had a very productive day! I managed to stick to my meals! Day two feels like a success!! I did a 30mins walk! The dog was very happy about that! I can't believe I made egg fried rice for zero syns! It tasted even better than the chip shop version!!

Plans for tomorrow: it's the weekend so need to have my determined head on!! I'm going shopping in the morning so hopefully that will distract me! Going to have weetabix for breakfast to keep me full! Chicken stir fry for lunch and spaghetti bolognese for dinner!

Till tomorrow
X
Oh egg fried rice is now a new time fave in our house now, even kids want some at weekend lol
Have you tried the diet cola chicken but with diet Fanta?? It's soooo nice, tastes naughty as it tastes just like sweet and sour chicken from Chinese but it's all free :) xx

Day 5
Breakfast: scrambled egg, tomatoes and 2 slices of brown bread (heb)
Lunch: savoury rice with extra onions
Dinner: tuna pasta with pepper, cucumber and sweetcorn with mayonaise (2syns)
Snacks: Aldi benefit light bar (3 syns) banana

I'm late writing this again as I spent the majority of yesterday evening nursing my poorly baby. He is full of cold and every time I put him down he would have an horrendous cough. We eventually all managed to get some sleep! Yesterday was an ok day. I felt hungry all day and had no idea what to cook! My planned meals didn't fit in with the day! I had a lot of driving round, school runs, dropping husband off at work, visiting parents just a busy day! But I still managed to avoid the biscuit tin and ended on 5 syns! My scales at home say I've lost nothing... Hoping they are just broke! I'm going to leave them alone I think! I'm pretty sure that's what put me in a mood yesterday!

Plans for tomorrow (today!): husband isn't in work till 3 so I can prepare some food whilst he cuddles little man! I'm having porridge and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and I'm going to do a stirfry for dinner!! My main goal for today is to eat more fruit! I'm not a big fruit eating but I'm going to try and eat about 7 pieces today! (That doesn't include bananas, as I eat enough of them!)

Till tomorrow xxx
Don't get on those scales away from group or you will start going off track if it's not the number u want to see x I've ended up chucking ours in bin because I was on them every day and it was messing with my head xx food looks fantastic so far so Im sure it will show on the scales xx sorry to hear your son is unwell, this bloody weather doesn't help at all xx

H
Day 6
Breakfast: poached egg on toast (heb)
Lunch: mug shot ( 1 syn)
Dinner: chicken and egg salad, salad cream (2 syns)
Snacks: cheese curls (3 syns), Apple

Total syns: 6 syns

Today has been a slow day! Apart from the housework I've done nothing! I think the tiredness has caught up with me! My daughter now has a chesty cough so looks like it's another long night for me!! Anyway my food has been good! But I weighed myself again and I've still lost nothing! I don't know what I've done wrong to not have lost any weight! Fingers crossed it's just my scales messing up and not me! I haven't really used many syns all week, I wonder if that has anything to do with it... I just thought syns were there if you wanted them but you don't have to eat them! Maybe next week I'll eat more syns and more fruit/veg!! I have my first weigh in tomorrow! I'm actually excited/nervous to get weighed but at least it's not the daunting I've done crap feeling!

Plans for tomorrow: weight day so light meals planned! Breakfast is fruit and yogurt, lunch is a salad or some sort and then I will starve myself till I'm back after weigh about 6pm then it's a treat night! I know it's naughty but we have some Chinese wings and ribs in the freezer that we bought before I started slimming world that need using up! So no takeaway just high synned food! Wish me luck for tomorrow's weigh in!!

Till tomorrow xxx
Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in x my weigh in day is also Wednesday xx
In terms of the scales again, if you haven't used your syns that might be why you haven't seen a loss bit since you have made some major changes in your diet I would have thought it would have shown xx

Oh egg fried rice is now a new time fave in our house now, even kids want some at weekend lol
Have you tried the diet cola chicken but with diet Fanta?? It's soooo nice, tastes naughty as it tastes just like sweet and sour chicken from Chinese but it's all free :) xx

I haven't tried the fanta one yet but I've just purchased some so I'm going to try it!! Thanks Hun x

Don't get on those scales away from group or you will start going off track if it's not the number u want to see x I've ended up chucking ours in bin because I was on them every day and it was messing with my head xx food looks fantastic so far so Im sure it will show on the scales xx sorry to hear your son is unwell, this bloody weather doesn't help at all xx

My scales are now in the bin aswell!! I know I'm eating healthy and I'm in it for the long term!! Xx

Well no food diary today because I've not really eaten properly! But I've been to slimming world and I have lost a massive 7.5lbs in my first week!!!!!!

My new weight is now 20stone 3.5lbs. Going to have a cheat night.. Nothing too high in syns just a jar of curry sauce!! I will be back tomorrow with a fresh food diary for the week!!

Till tomorrow xxx

Well no food diary today because I've not really eaten properly! But I've been to slimming world and I have lost a massive 7.5lbs in my first week!!!!!!

My new weight is now 20stone 3.5lbs. Going to have a cheat night.. Nothing too high in syns just a jar of curry sauce!! I will be back tomorrow with a fresh food diary for the week!!

Till tomorrow xxx
Wow that's amazing xx well done xx

Week 2 day 1
Breakfast: tangerine, coffee muller light
Lunch: beef salad sandwich with cottage cheese
Dinner: sw cottage pie and broccoli
Snacks: 2 hifi light bars (6 syns), Apple and watermelon

Total syns: 6

I had such a bad night after weigh in! I celebrated my huge weight Lose by stuffing my face... Was it a good idea it I've been really in control today! I messed up with my healthy b choice but I had no syns today so not a huge issue! Won't forget I've had read again though!! My plan for this week is to eat more speed foods and try to eat more syns! Aiming for 7-10 a day! I don't really like to eat them but i know it's important to include them!! Feeling in control and it's a good feeling!!

Plan for tomorrow: breakfast will be yogurt and fruit salad, lunch I'm going to make homemade soup! And dinner, hopefully will be beef khemma and rice! Not much planned tomorrow and my daughter is sleeping out so I should be able to get a lot prepared!

Till tomorrow xxx

Week 2 day 2
Breakfast: watermelon, tangerine and coffee yogurt
Lunch: vegetable soup
Dinner: full English breakfast (1syn brown sauce)
Snacks: 2 hifi bars, morrisons popcorn (3.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5

It's been a weird day, I found out my nan is dying... I don't really speak to her after a huge family fall out. So I don't really know how to react.. I know your all thinking how horrible to not get upset over it but she was a very mean woman. Anyway it's kinda threw me off for the day. None of my meals went to plan but I still managed to have Good choices!! I'm going to prepare more for tomorrow!

Plans for tomorrow: breakfast is scrambled egg on toast, lunch is jacket and salad and tea will be hunters chicken!

Till tomorrow xx

Back