So not really eating out but food that I can grab and heat up at work

makemeasizeten

Hey there boys and girls,

So here I am back on slimming world. What I really need is some help. Are there any syn free microwave meals that I can grab while in a hurry say at work or when coming home late after work?

Any help would be great

Jodie xxx

Not as far as I know. Have you thought about batch cooking and freezing in portions so that you have your own syn free dinners? It is bit more effort, but definitely a useful thing to do. Or, alternatively, rather than batch cooking, any time you make something make enough for an extra portion that you can either freeze or reheat the next day.

Not as far as I know. Have you thought about batch cooking and freezing in portions so that you have your own syn free dinners? It is bit more effort, but definitely a useful thing to do. Or, alternatively, rather than batch cooking, any time you make something make enough for an extra portion that you can either freeze or reheat the next day.

Yes I do try to and do this but just wondered if there was anything in case I get caught out at work or something. There used to be a birds eye pasta thing that was either free or a syn or two but i cant find it anywhere xx

Batchelors savoury rice is syn free as are some of the batchelors pasta n sauce flavours if you make them with water. I have the chicken and mushroom one that is definitely free but am not sure about other flavours. To get my superfree I chuck a load of frozen veg in halfway through cooking. Do you like cous cous? The ainsley harriott sachets are pretty low syn and they can be bulked out with either tomato/mushroom/peppers/cucumber uncooked or if you wanted it hot, I chop up veg like peppers, leeks, mushrooms, courgettes etc and microwave them for 3minutes while the cous cous is cooking. I think with chopping and boiling the kettle, it takes all of 6 or 7minutes from start to finish.

I am sure other people have lots of good ideas, but these are my standby, 'i can't be bothered to think, let alone cook' dinners. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
How about baked beans, spagetti or i'd plan & put something in a slow cooker or look at the food diaries on here for quick meals. Even if you have pasta & veggies the most it'll take is 20mins. Or if you have a timer on your cooker put a potato in & add beans & cheese.

Tesco hl chicken breast in a tomato sauce(chiller section) = free and add salad or mircowave veg and some plain rice or potatoes you cooked the night before :)

Oh and sainburys do in the freezer section some beef in gravy and a chicken breast in gravy (little red box) they are mircowave and only a £1 each you could do the same :)

I always ahve mug shots on the house, and even take them to work if I've not had time to eat before I go (I work evenings). Most of them are free or very low syn. I also always take fruit to eat after it so I still get my superfree.

I have the same situation. busy at work looking for easy and feeling meal. I usually take left overs for a night before - that works great. If I have time I make a big salads with cottage cheese or veg sticks with salmon pate or other free dip. It's easy to grab on the go so it works for me :)

not ordered it yet propper skint at mo i want a tin too and will be getting one asap but cant see it being rubbish as its a 5 er and looks good

M&S do a microwave braising steak with carrots and onions which is free. It's in the fresh section, as part of their "count on us" range.

Back