So over being the big one....

Char123

Well, after lurking for some time I have finally bitten the bullet and decided to join minis. I am also adding my diary, as I kind of feel its a right of passage!

So a bit abt me. Never been skinny although I did have a brief interlude just before I got married and lost 3 stone ish (sw rocks ) For once I looked normal just the same as normal people. Normal is good when you have spent your life as the chubby one, Then after 8 years of marriage and a baby and a move to singapore I put it all back on again. Something I said I would never do.

So here I am crawling back to sw. Have been doing for 7 weeks already and am a stone done. Another 2 to go and it's getting harder! There are no groups in sg, there are v few precious low syn brands here, and there are far too many opportunities to over eat and drink to much, but having lost a stone already means it can be done. Even if I have become a bit reclusive. I keep telling myself it's only for a while until I get back in control.

Not sure if this will become a food blog/diary/syn log/general ramblings location but we will see....

Right, let's get this show on the road and get these 2 stones off.

Hi char - welcome!

I love Singapore - been 3 times this year. Can't beat free flow veuve sunday brushes and the Grand Prix!

Anyway well done for getting a stone off bet you can see a difference?

I love minis - been really good for me - the girls here are great.

I'm really struggling with the last stone - URGH!

Cat

Hi Cat

Think it was a heady combo of the free flow brunches, hawker food and the evening g&ts (slimline tonic is impossible to get) that contributed to the problems but it's a fab place to be. If you ever need tourist info - I can offer my services. Been here 6 years now.

Thanks for the welcome though. I think it would be nice to get some support so look forward to 'meeting' people here. You're doing well yourself. You will be tiny by the time you reach your goal. Go girl,

As for the stone off, I can see the difference with clothes fitting but absolutely no one has commented! Admittedly it's not been a rapid 1 stone loss but more of a steady 1.5 - 2 pound route but c'mon!

Well, today was a 100% sw day - had 2 syns with thai red curry for dinner. Made with lite philidelphia and skim milk. Turned out rather well I thought. And I did have a sip of beer (oh soo lovely and cold), so reckon that's a generous 2 syns and prob had another 1 maybe 2 syns in a piece of sushi that my dd made. How could I say no?

Tomorrow is shaping up well too (have a packed breakfast/lunch/snack pack to take to work) and all looking good all week until Sunday..... And, well, the next week in thailand will likely be off plan somewhat! Think I will be stretching the syns a fair bit. Interestingly there is not much info around syns in thai food that u have seen. Any comments/links are welcome here.

Good luck on the last stone - I will keep you company on the journey.

C

I loved the pan pacific brunch we did Grand Prix weekend - check out my drink situation and dessert plate:

image-94369227.jpg

image-2964098382.jpg

I don't think anyone commented on my losses until I was 1.5st down. Now it's relentless and I know I should be happy but all the comments are starting to annoy me because all it makes me think was how big I was before! I know I'm being utterly ridiculous!!

It won't take long before people really notice it on you :)

Never thought I would be admiring a brunch and commenting on how well anyone has prepared for finishing time by stacking drinks on this site. But you look like a brunch pro! Not a bad choice of location either.

Sorry have been a bit MIA these last few days been rushing to get work sorted before taking a week off and daughters school hols have kept me busy. However it seems I have not lost any weight this week despite rushing around like a fool. Now what does a girl have to do to loose a pound these days?! Total victories all round off the scales, but it's really all about that number isn't it? And now you have told me I have another 1/2 to go before my first compliment ;) I have been a bit more focused!!! Haha.

Know what u mean about compliments tho I can imagine it's a bit distracting. Don't loose it on the next person to compliment you please! I had a weird thought in my mind the other day, I now fit into most clothes. Some tops are getting a bit Baggy but bottoms fitting (actually these are the mid range selection of clothes - I do have a smaller sized collection but they are a little old!) and I actually had a brief moment where I thought, I can't loose any more weight I will have nothing to wear. Now, honestly?! Is that rational?

Hi how are you getting on? Xx

Hello lovelylyds! Sorry, not an exciting diary but I promise to try harder. How are you doing so far?

Anyway i am back and I have learnt a few things over the last month or so. 1) loosing weight at 27 is easier than loosing it at 37. 2) working full time (and by this I mean I start at 8 and finish at 9 and then start again after bed time) and being a proper mum is hard 3) keeping up to date on here does not blend well w #2. 4) going on holiday to thailand means - it is impossible to follow slimming world and eat out every night whatever anyone says...

However, have kept on going slooowly and am now back and in total have lost 8.3kg. Not that far of club 10 (800g more) and the half way mark!!!! Only 8 ish more to go to pre baby/pre sg weight.

Pretty much keeping to good old fashioned red/original days now and the weight seems to move faster. I tried ee, but really was not happening - clearly getting it wrong.

For me now breakfast is normally weetabix and skimmed milk. In sg - British weetabix is akin to gold dust. They don't have it in every supermarket and sometimes they run out, lunch is normally meat and salad and dinner is meat/fish and veg. Not the classic exotic sg fayre but life does go on without laksa/chicken rice/nasi Padang/prata.... Oh how I miss you all...

Actually tonight's dinner is chicken rogan josh and cauliflower 'rice' so maybe not too bad.

Anyway, it's head down from here to xmas aiming for 6kg. Let's see if it can happen - game on!!! Fancy joining me?

Cx

Well done for keeping the weight loss up even in the face of temptation. I find eating out always messes things up for me a bit, although over time I have got a bit better. Keep up the good work and you'll be looking great for xmas :p.

So the Xmas parties have started and I am 'working' them.... STS this week though. It's the week before star week so not bad but really didn't deserve that! Can someone move xmas back a few weeks so I can make my target? And now am off to Hong Kong for work. I have brought breakfast contents and have vague ideas of going to supermarket and stocking up on syn free lunches and dinners, but for the love of god will someone stop me eating at all other times? 3 pounds to go... I am weak in the face of temptation and am NOT the model of eating out on sw.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it is to eat sensibly and drink in moderation whilst in hk....

So far so good. I had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and sashimi for lunch. Have strawberries for snack time later. And given that I got hideously lost trying to find the supermarket I even fitted in a bit of body magic. (Do you get double if u do it in heels? ) Yep, nothing to see there folks move along....

BUT It's now heading to evening and the real challenge is dinner in a michelin starred french restaurant..... Where in the hell on the 'eating out' section do they tell u how to deal with that?! Look, I am not complaining but of all the cuisines in the world not exactly known for healthy... but if the French can do it and stay slim - why can't i? Oh yeah I forgot I don't have the self control of a slim Parisienne. Zut alors! Will tot up the damage tomorrow and report. Think it may be a le flexi syn event.

Back