Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

So Proud - Join my running challenge?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ladyantionette, 15 April 2011 Social URL.

1. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    Hey Guys,

Going to have my first weigh after falling off the wagon next week.

I have been so good! Managed to run 3 times this week and climbing a mountain saturday.

My new rule is - every day im in work early im going to get up at 6am and go running with the dog and my hubby.

This means when I get home from work I can slob out if I want.

Wonder if anyone would like to join me? Dedicate 3 mornings a week just for a 25-35 min run take your dog, husband or a running buddy. Then on the weekend weather permiting - go to the park/beach/mountain and have a good walk! Or swimming, biking..playing with the children..Use the weekend as fun excercise - you wont even realise it is excercise! :character00115:

Lets keep motivated, I know early starts are hard but once your out in the morning air you'll be so refreshed it will be worth it!

Regards,

Lady b x:bliss:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SusieBees

SusieBees Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(7.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have been really bad this week - went away on a course, stuck to plan for a day and a half, but then disaster struck!! I couldn't do a 30min run as planned and then just pigged out at dinner (cheesecake, cheese and crackers WITH butter, large glass of wine) and it's been down hill ever since :( Don't even want to think about what I ate yesterday and how many syns I went over :(

Today is a new day :) I will stick to plan :) and go and do my run :) although I understood that it wasn't good to run everyday (confussed) so I'm with you honey :)

4. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Come join our team!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/203872-i-shall-run-100-miles.html

Its not mornings though (not for me anyway, I'm not good in the mornings) - I just run whenever/wherever I can fit it in.

Susie - I dont think there are any hard and fast rules about running and rest days, I know that when I started out I was following couch to 5K which recommended rest days, but I found I had most time at the weekends so usually didnt have time to have rest days if I wanted to fit in 3 runs a week - seems to have been okay for me so far.

I think generally if you are starting out running it is best to have rest days, but once you have progressed a bit more its not so important (some of the bridge to 10K programmes I have seen for example have runs on consecutive days)

5. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    :p I get up at 6am every morning, but that's just to go to work.

In all seriousness you're doing well. Keep it up!

6. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    Thanks guys - Il have a look at the link now.

Just had a comment from the office b**ch...

Me.."Im hungry! Must of been the run this morning" (went and got a plate of pasta as its a green day)

Office b**ch.." You wont loose any weight eating all that so early, why did you bother doing a run?"

Me..(Smiles quietly and gets an extra light laughin cow)

Her.."Look your even eating cheese you cant eat that!"

Me (thinks to myself, we will see who is in a bikini by july :p) xx

7. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    haha love it. she sounds lovely!! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.