so the big cambridge diet starts tommorow!!

carly528

hi everyone,

so the big day is tommorow, after a year of eating far tooooo much down to the fact i LOVE food and a new BF that can get away with eating four takeways a week (i cannot) a push in the right direction as led me to the cambridge diet.

after seeing the consultant and filling my plastic bag with a weeks worth of food! all in powder form seemed extremely strange!

i understand headaches are the normal, and the first three days are the hardest.

as anyone got any tip or advice with the food? am doing the s+ so just shakes/ porridge/ soup all week??

p.s am going for a massive indian tonite to say goodbye to the beloved favourite food for quite a while!!

Hi Carly

Well done on making the first step, I would say try and drink as much water as you can throughput the day, these also help with headaches, try and space your shakes out as well, as long as you can get over the first 3-4 days you will be fine, this is when you go into ketosis and that hungry feeling goes.

I would also try and commit to it for asd long as you can as starting again is a nightmare, this is your optimum time try and just get it done go up the steps and don't look back!

Good luck and pop on here whenever you need advice and support!

Le x

i have a few question if any one could answer them for me??

chewing gum?? allowed?

i understand your not allowed lemon in your water until at least a couple of weeks? true?

as anyone tried the coconut shake? also the cookies and cream?

should i expect to hate everyone of all the flavours going or can some be compared to a Mcdonalds milkshake? ( im so hoping yes!! )

how does everyone get around work?
i work from 9 till 5 in a small office and dont particulary want to get into a discussion that im fat and feel completly ineduquate compared the 'new thin office girl'
reason for starving myself!!

Hi

chewing gum?? allowed?

I believe low sugar/no sugar is allowed but I would avoid where possible as the chewing sensation can make your stomach think your eating resulting in hunger!

i understand your not allowed lemon in your water until at least a couple of weeks? true?

Whilst your following ss or ss+ there is no lemon at all now matter how long you have been on it as citric acid brings you out of ketosis

as anyone tried the coconut shake? also the cookies and cream?

I have tried coconut wasn't for me but some poeople have half choc half coconut and say it tastes like a bounty shake!

should i expect to hate everyone of all the flavours going or can some be compared to a Mcdonalds milkshake? ( im so hoping yes!! )

Not exactly maccies I am afraid but if you blend with ice nice thick shake, strawberry and choc are 2 of my faves, I love choc mint as well, I like this hot as a hot choc x

how does everyone get around work?
i work from 9 till 5 in a small office and dont particulary want to get into a discussion that im fat and feel completly ineduquate compared the 'new thin office girl'
reason for starving myself!!

I tend to take a bar into work or soup so that it isn't obvious, there jjst liek cup of soups, I blend mine with a hand whisk and just say I hate lumps in my soup!

I started for a friends wedding but also new job and didnt like being the fat girls in th office!!

Good Luck xx

Hi Carly528

Welcome to the Cambridge board. I'm only on day 2 and I can tell you that day 1 is pretty tough. I no longer feel hungry but i want to eat something out of habit...and because it's fun! Anyhoo, once you're in ketosis you will feel loads better so just power through the first few days. Focus on how amazing you'll look come christmas....and how jealous all your mates will be (well that works for me :p).

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your massive losses!!

I feel this site will be extremely helpful, espcially when craving that cream cake and crisps while sat behind bars (the office)

its great to see how motivated and helpful people are, but best thing of it all, its coming from people who are in the same situation going through it all! :)

how does everyone tackle the bad breath??

i feel my boss will not appreciate this too much, the buttons popping on the shirt is bad enough!

do you guys weigh yourself mid week or leave it to the consultant?

im alittle concered about future dates coming up, partners birthday going of for the weekend to cardiff for the rugby, beer/food/ beer/ food................
is it a case of just saying NO or is there room for a minor slip up like one glass of wine and a reasonably healthy meal??

or am i just massively shooting myself in the foot??!!

Back