So, what are you lot reading?

niknaks

Silver Member
I know there is a lovely forum for books on the main section but I just thought it would be nice for fellow SW's to recommend any good reads?

Ive got my nose stuck in the twighlight collection at the moment but when ive finished I just do not know what to move on to.

So who is reading what :p

I am reading a trilogy of books by Valerie Wood - they are similar to the late Catherine Cookson's books, and I am really enjoying them.

yeah I just finished a book by John Tropper on the rolecoaster of grieve as his wife died (v.funny and moving all in one) and also got a book on qualitative style on women who have high functioning autism and the data has been gathered on a forum really interesting stuff, much much better then nasty manipulated satastics!
Also got from Amazon Confessions of a Reformed Dieter How I Dropped Eight Dress Sizes and Took My Life Back by A.J. Rochester. Which I can not wait to read as its not all sugar coated but her struggles and going at times with not losing any weight

Last edited:
i've got loads of books on my shelf to read but off reading at the mo i think my next one will be fairest of them all by teresa medeiros cause i love her.
do u all know about read it swap it?

I have just finished Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". As usual with his books, I start out thinking I'll just have a look and see what it's like but probably won't read all of it, then I get drawn in and end up reading it all, then I wish I hadn't bothered!

I am now reading "Smash Cut" by Sandra Brown, which is really rather good.

In my library bag at the moment, waiting to be read, are:

- two books by Lee Child,

- "Lady Killer" by Lisa Scottoline (one of my favourites),

- two books about modern architecture,

- and two computer books.

Thank goodness for my local public library - I'd go bankrupt if I had to pay for all the books I read!!

Have just finished Broken by Kelley Armstrong and just starting Without Warning by Carol Smith love my books

Currently reading Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child. Just finished Under The Dome by Stephen King - very disappointing. (Coincidently, the main character in Gone Tomorrow is meantioned a couple of times in Under The Dome)

I got a box of books (about 40) off the local Freecycle and am ablout to work my through. Mostly more Lee Child, James Patterson etc.

I'm reading '1st To Die' by James Patterson. One of those darn books that's impossible to put down and is responsible for my housework not getting done yesterday!!!!! :D

I'm reading My Sisters Keeper & really enjoying it. After that I've two Spike Milligan books to read, I've never read Spike Milligan before & not sure what to expect.

I also listen to books whilst I walk & at the moment I'm listening to Turning for Home by Sarah Challis.

Yesterday on the bbc website I read an article about a woman, who, after 3 years of marriage found out her husband had altzimers, she has taken photos at various stages & also written a book which I think is called And I Still Do. I'm going to get that book.

Just finished A Darker Domain by Val McDermid. I've only just found her, the Wire in the Blood tv programmes are based on her novels. Can't put them down.
Anything by Marian Keays, just read sushi for beginners which is very easy when your brain is scrambled.
I also like Philippa Gregory's historical novels.

I have loads to read at the moment because I'm studying for a degree with the OU, but for pleasure I am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm on the second one and wondering why I've not read them before now!

Just finished 'New Moon' from the Twilight series and am now reading 'The Pissed Off Parents Club', wich could be written by me :rolleyes: Next I have a Karen Rose to get through. My tastes are quite eclectic - I love Lee Child, older Stephen King, Val McDermid and all the other crime thrillers, Tess Gerritsen, Michael Connelly and so on. Then I like Diana Chamberlain, Adriana Trigiani, Dorothy Koomson etc.

Basically, I LOVE books!!:D

I love love love reading, but I reckon I have a major personality disorder!! :devilangel: I'm all or nothing! I go through phases of reading about 3 books a week, which sometimes means staying awake til 4am or something stupid if I'm completely hooked (tired girl in work the next day!!) and the next thing I don't read anything for weeks on end! Anyway, the book I'm currently on, and struggling to get on with, is 'Notes From an Exhibition' by Patrick Gale. It's OK, but I'm not INTO it, hence spending weeks on it!! I have the entire Twilight Saga lined up to read next, but I'm someone who HAS to finish a book whether I'm enjoying it or not!! Hopefully Twilight will catapult me back into an obsessed 3 books a week phase!! I love a variety of genres, and have lots and lots and lots of books lined up to read!X

I love love love reading, but I reckon I have a major personality disorder!! :devilangel: I'm all or nothing! I go through phases of reading about 3 books a week, which sometimes means staying awake til 4am or something stupid if I'm completely hooked (tired girl in work the next day!!) and the next thing I don't read anything for weeks on end! Anyway, the book I'm currently on, and struggling to get on with, is 'Notes From an Exhibition' by Patrick Gale. It's OK, but I'm not INTO it, hence spending weeks on it!! I have the entire Twilight Saga lined up to read next, but I'm someone who HAS to finish a book whether I'm enjoying it or not!! Hopefully Twilight will catapult me back into an obsessed 3 books a week phase!! I love a variety of genres, and have lots and lots and lots of books lined up to read!X

Have you read the books that the True Blood series is based on? I am very much like you, it would appear, when it comes to reading and they had me up, reading into the wee hours. I read the first three within a couple of days! I've not seen the TV series as I don't want the characters to influence how I see them.

Have you read the books that the True Blood series is based on? I am very much like you, it would appear, when it comes to reading and they had me up, reading into the wee hours. I read the first three within a couple of days! I've not seen the TV series as I don't want the characters to influence how I see them.

No I haven't actually NSM, but am open to recommendations!! I'll see how I get on with Twilight- from what everyone says, I'm bound to be hooked!! Thanks for the tip! I must confess I couldn't resist watching the first 2 films (Twilight) but I'm very much like you in that I usually like to read a book first before watching it! I've also got 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' lined up to read which is in the cinema now and I want to read that before I see it!X

Reading a freebie from She mag at the moment, written by Penny Smith (GMTV) which is very light-hearted and easy to read! I'm due to read Pride and Prejudice again soon, lost count how many times I've read it now but I just love it and all JA books! xxx

Back