so what did you have for Christmas?

time2bslim

Just doing it this time
so what did you have for Christmas?

My DS bought me a very large box of thorntons classic chocolates ! they have nearly all gone.

BUT I did have a lovely pair of boots - will try upload a pic - exciting thing is 3 months ago I would never have got them done up or OVER my jeans - whooo hooo for SW eh.

So what did you have?

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 121
oooh my hubby was sneaky this year, I had been looking through some sales a few weeks ago and saved items to the "wish list" feature so I could go back and decide what I wanted... there were 9 dresses and 7 bolero/knits to go with them left in there when I had done and "santa" got me them all :eek: -and they are all in 16s .... so I need to keep focussed so they are lovely n loose for summer :happy036:...best of all because hubby knows I don't want to pay a lot for anything whilst Im still losing the whole lot cost just over £140 whem they should have been nearly £400 :banana dancer: can't beat a bargain....

Well we got money to buy a new fridge freezer in the sales before ours completely packs in! Plus I got some boots, a radley shopping bag and a swavordski pen from mil and a few bits off hubby-DVDs, perfume and a soil-less growing kit for herbs. Plus he's buying me a charm bracelet too-waiting for a deal in the sales!

I got lovely de-stress things, books, bubbly baths and blu rays! :) I also got a designer t-shirt (oh la la ;) ) a purse and 150 quid to spend in the sales!!! :D

:) So as I'm almost at target what I buy now will last til next xmas!!! Wooooo!!!!

I got a garlic set ( a garlic shaped pot to keep the cloves in, a decent press and a small bottle of EV olive oil infused with garlic ) and a hamburger set ( hamburger press, 2 jars of spices and a small bottle of chili sauce ) as well as cash and a "largers of the world" pack..
Oh and the obligatory smellies..

I got a new ipod touch 4, itunes credit, zumba fitness game for xbox kinect (to use once baby is born of course lol), lots of nice smelly stuff and various other little bits.

my 4 year old got far far too much as per every year, but it was all worth it to to see the joy on his face.

I got a dinner set and cutlery. Fingers crossed the keys to my house in January.
Muffin tins, Large Icing Nozzles. Love my cake making. Even if they do work out at 15syns a cake. The staff team at work soon finish them off.
PJ's, Take That Cd, A sock Monkey (who needs a name)
And money which i'm going to use to book my photography course for the summer.

I had the nicest Christmas presents ever because they were such a surprise.

My Darling Husband had bought me a beautiful antique miniature, silver dancing bear on a ball of ivory. It is only 2 inches tall but I love it, have loved it since I first saw it with an antique dealer friend months ago. I had not said a word to him cos we are pretty strapped for cash. A pair of flat, black, trendy boots ( he must have heard me talking to my friend and saying I wanted to look for some when the sales started, a bottle of Tia Maria and a Terry's chocolate orange. No Christmas is complete without one !!!

From friends I had lovely things. Scarves from 2 of them, very trendy, lovely colours. Slippers, always gratefully received, chocolates, a vintage Christmas waistcoat, love it.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS !!!!!

I'm the handbag lady - got a gorgeous one from my other half, and another gorgeous one from his mum. Only one smellies set (thank goodness - I'm a bit boring and like Imperial Leather or Nivea shower gel, and we don't actually HAVE a bath - a fact often overlooked by people at Xmas). Lovely little necklace, a Miranda DVD and a couple of CD's. I'm a happy lass.

Only got one little bag of sweeties which is a blessing too.

I got some lovely clothes from my parents and sister, a portable hard drive so I can take my work to and from school from my parents, an Amazon Kindle (e-book reader) and case from my hubby and a Disco Classics CD!

I was very pleased with my haul :D

Bit of a strange xmas this year I've got to say.

I feel like I have put in so much effort for other people a bit of a slap in the face back..I know you don't give to recieve but I would like to be appreciated for my efforts and the thought I actually put into what I'm buying.

Anywho, I won't be doing it next year!

I know exactly what you mean, every year we make the effort to hand deliver our neices & nephews pressies, they always want money (no probs) but I usually make a little gift with something c£5, Christmas choc, balloon, party popper & hand make their gift tag. This year I was fighting off a sore throat & felt quiet grumpy & had a bit of a rant to OH. He very kindly took the pressies to his mum's who he knew was going to see them over the next few days. I did feel a tad guilty afterwards, but only for a little while:D

oooh my hubby was sneaky this year, I had been looking through some sales a few weeks ago and saved items to the "wish list" feature so I could go back and decide what I wanted... there were 9 dresses and 7 bolero/knits to go with them left in there when I had done and "santa" got me them all :eek: -and they are all in 16s .... so I need to keep focussed so they are lovely n loose for summer :happy036:...best of all because hubby knows I don't want to pay a lot for anything whilst Im still losing the whole lot cost just over £140 whem they should have been nearly £400 :banana dancer: can't beat a bargain....

What a briliant OH, such a wonderful idea. Not many like him around;)

Me & OH are going to India in Feb so we decided only to get each other stocking stuff this year & spend money on our hols. OH got me body creams, anti ageing creams (yes I use them so he's not being funny), candles & a After Eight choc Santa which I can't wait to eat. I also got perfume, Dance 2 for Wii, Binoculars (for my hols:D), more candles & more chocolate.

I've already syned up the chocolate & wrote weight & syns on each item:rolleyes: I've also put them in my bedroom so they are out of sight & I'm not tempted just to nibble every now & then.

I know a lot of people have had probs with the Royal Mail but we had fantastic service from them. We ordered DD a camera on Wednesday (late because she couldn't make up her mind) it was despatched Friday morning & delivered Friday afternoon:happy036:

H is getting me take that tickets, my ma & da money & H nan gave us a cheque for quite alot of money. My in laws gave me a coat & jumper.

I just give nephews/nieces money & they send stuff for my 2. My sisters/bro don't bother with presents.

My Oh got me a star gazer which is for me to use when I need to chill out and just watch teh stars and clouds move ojn my ceiling :)

We got my son one of those and he loves it!!

I got a lovely Mondaine watch from DH (I did tear the page out of a magazine with it on and gave it to him about 2 months ago). A boots voucher from my DS, a troll bead from DD, pair of boots, Nigella's Kitchen (I LOVE her!) and an espresso maker with a coffee bean grinder.

I feel like I have put in so much effort for other people a bit of a slap in the face back..I know you don't give to recieve but I would like to be appreciated for my efforts and the thought I actually put into what I'm buying.

Anywho, I won't be doing it next year!

I know how you feel here too ! at work, my first christmas there - they said that they like to buy each other a gift - only 5 of us so 4 pressies to buy - I decided to limit it maximum of £7 each. I shopped with thought and wrapped with care - made my own gift tags and the day before I took them in one of the girls stated that she couldn't afford to do this this year afterall - then another one said she was rather broke afterall too - so the other two decided that we wouldn't swap gifts afterall this year. I was rather disappointed to say the least and have 4 gifts that have been wasted.

As you said - it won't happen next year, thats a fact.

I know what you mean, sometimes it feels like you put alot of thought and effort into getting the right gift for the right person,but feel like they have just picked up stuff and said " That will do for xxxx"

Of course my hubby got it totally right this year with a diamond eternity ring that is just so beautiful that i cant beleive it-made up for all the not so thoughful things from other people !!

Back