So what have you bought for this diet?

MiniMoosh

Mooshing back
I was making my soup last night and looking round my kitchen and I thought- I've bought so much stuff just for this diet! So far-

Blender
Extra teaspoons for cups of tea
Straws! thin ones and thick ones :)
Milk frother from ebay
More small bowls!
Extra glasses
Mugs! Never used to own any, never drank tea!
Measure thingy just for water to save washing my jug every use! Lol!
3 shakers- 2 for home, one for work!

Also I opened a hand blender I owned but never used before

Then there's all the 'food' stuff I've bought since I started-

Ground garlic
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Boullion
About 5 different types of tea!
Tablet sweetners
Curry powder and garam masala for cott pie (have yet to try!)

I'm also getting so much use out of mixed herbs and ground black pepper!

Thats all on top of my S&S orders! No wonder I'm skint ;)

I think my best purchases were the extra spoons, straws and the water measure as I use them constantly. Most useless was the frother as it's for shakes and since I got it I've done my shakes as mush! Ditto the shakers, though I use the one at work as I don't want the kids to see me eating choc mush, a drink is better. The blender was most expensive and has had some use but that was for crushing ice into shakes and it's now soooo cold I don't use it! But I will get a lot of use when I get to goal, I intend to do smoothies and suchlike.

Anyway- what's your best/worst purchase specifically for S&S? Or do you all already have all this stuff:D

I certainly haven't bought as much as you!

Hand blender (with measuring jug)
Couple of shakers
Mugs
Boullion

That's it! Up to now I haven't had any food - been on 4 packs a day and no veg (as I'm doing LL and substituting some SnS packs so sticking to LL rules). However, I've just moved on to Lighterlife Lite - which means that I can have 3 packs and a meal every day so I dare say I'll be buying extra food bits soon too! I don't drink many shakes (unless I'm away in a hotel) so don't feel the need for straws etc.

Ive always been 1 for gadgets, over the years ive bought all kinds of stuff.. some are collecting dust at the back of the cupboard after using once or twice. A couple of wks ago I bought the new Actifri from tefal, and now I can't even have chips.

Ive always been 1 for gadgets, over the years ive bought all kinds of stuff.. some are collecting dust at the back of the cupboard after using once or twice. A couple of wks ago I bought the new Actifri from tefal, and now I can't even have chips.

What do you make the chips out of?

you wash your jug after it had water in it??

No! I have a glass jug I use to make my meal packs- I prefer not to have a boiling hot bowl from the microwave! But I can't wash up too often, I have real problems with my hands so I bought an extra jug for doing 2 packs a day plus a measure thing just for water, no food allowed! Which I never wash :D

Maybe I buy so much because I'm not much of a cook! I live alone, this is my first ever flat (previously been a live-in nanny or rented a room) so everything I own I've bought since last July! Since then been living on a diet of ready meals and, well, crap..... could quite happily eat nothing in a day except a multi-pack of crisps and a multi-pack of Boosts!

I haven't bought loads of things for this diet but I have bought 3 shakers, a small measuring jug for the water as the other jugs I had were quite big and psyllium husks. Plus I have a huge drawer in the kitchen full of mealpacks and bars that is completely full now so I've started using another cupboard too. I've also bought lots of veggies etc which are instead of the fruit I used to buy pre diet (I ate a lot of fruit before), various herbs and things to spice up the products, and a mountain of new clothes :). Think that's it. I'd like to say that I've saved money but hmm!

I got 3 tubs of benifibre from tesco yesterday. That was a Tenner that I didn't really have. Not much else some chicken, some boullion a couple of shakers I don't use blenders or anything far too much washing up for me lol. Got most herbs/ spices in the cupboard from pre s n s

Ah yes - forgot about the psyllium husks and thr fortune I've spent on new clothes!

I'm trying to resist getting new tops till I get closer to goal- still wearing size 24 tops when I think I could buy 16-18! But I am getting new jeans, but thats as much for motivation as it is for wearing!

I just bought a baggy jumper to keep me out the cake aisle, does that count? (It is meant to look baggy so should do me for at LEAST three sizes!!)

One of the things I'll miss is my biggest baggy jumper, fit me at size 30, fair bit baggy at size 24 and unwearable now! I wear it in bed, it's so cold right now!

Yeah, but things being too big is a good thing. I have some favourite tops that are a size 24 but would I rather they fitted now as opposed to being too big? No chance!

I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy more clothes as I have a mountain of clothes in just 1 size down from where I am now, and I really don't need anymore clothes in my current size as I hope I'm out of it soon. So I only ordered 1 new top so far this weekend :). I did buy 2 new coats in the week though in size 14 and they fit (and will fit better in another half stone).

I have found that as I've got smaller it's taken less weight to go down a size. When I started it was a good 2 stone before I really fitted into the size down, after that it was every stone, and now I notice a huge difference with just half a stone. So I hope to be a size 14 (roughly, as clothing sizing is an enigma) at goal.

I haven't ever been this weight in my adult life before so I have no old clothes to fit me. I make sure I buy a few things in each size on the way down as its one of the ways in which I measure my progress. Also, I have bought lots of clothes in my end aim size (large 10 small 12). The main reason for this is that from the point when I reached a size 16 (currently a 14 and started at a 26) everyone has been telling me how good I look because it has been such a big change. It would be easy for me to decide to stop here. But I started this diet for health reasons and so I really want to get into the healthy bmi range. Having bought lots of clothes in my end size I am too tight not to complete the journey. There's no way I'm wasting all of that money! Extra motivation is always good!

This time last year I was over 18 stone and size 24, dropped down stone and half, needed new trousers for work, bought them 2 weeks ago size 24 again, on friday at work someone said wow you are looking slimmer, check your trousers hanging at your behind, so went into town today to get new ones, tried on size 22 too big, size 20 just right, size 18 did up but too snug for comfort just now. I was so pleased with myself, cant remember anywhere in this last decade when I fitted into a size 20 and it was comfortable. That was the highlight of my day today.

Back