Sober April

samjay123

Silver Member
Well... There are five weekends in March and I've managed to binge drink on every single one, topping it off tomorrow with one last birthday night out. I've lost no weight this month at all!! Im just fluctuating. Am finding that alcohol really affects me on plan. End up eating lots the next day etc, going way over syns.
If theres anyone else who wants to join me on having a healthy and sober April and 100% on plan :p please do. If not it's only me lol .

Ill join you in sober April! Im cutting it out anyway to help with my weight, but I'm also trying to support my fella who is having to cut it out with having a stomach ulcer

Fat_ted21 said:
Ill join you in sober April! Im cutting it out anyway to help with my weight, but I'm also trying to support my fella who is having to cut it out with having a stomach ulcer

Well we can support eachother. Oh sounds awful for your fella. :-( at least you can support him by doing the same.

samjay123 said:
Well we can support eachother. Oh sounds awful for your fella. :-( at least you can support him by doing the same.

Its normally him leading me astray with my diet so its quite nice to not have him tempting me!

Yah, we will deffo have to keep posting on here to support one another! Do you have much planned for April? Im not sure I could cope with a night out and not drinking anything! I have two long wknds off now which is when Id usually want a treat or a drink eek!!

Hi there, I would love to join you in the no alcohol, 100% month but I have a hen do to go to on the 21st, if I could be overlooked this little blip I would really like to be part of the challenge?!? Could do with the support to be honest :) Ps I understand if not coz I'm technically not sticking to rules...

Anyway, good luck x

Can I join in too please? Started 09 March and thought I'd do a month, but as it's been helping me with my weight, I'm going to extend it to the end of April.

It's been a bit hard at weekends, but have managed to stay away from the wine...just!!

**punk*~*star** said:
Hi there, I would love to join you in the no alcohol, 100% month but I have a hen do to go to on the 21st, if I could be overlooked this little blip I would really like to be part of the challenge?!? Could do with the support to be honest :) Ps I understand if not coz I'm technically not sticking to rules...

Anyway, good luck x

Of course you can :p you can have the challenge of an almost sober April haha. Im sure we will all do great :-D

Welcome everyone :) my first hurdle will be next weekend when it's bank holiday and all my friends are going out. I will resist ;-)

Well... There are five weekends in March and I've managed to binge drink on every single one, topping it off tomorrow with one last birthday night out. I've lost no weight this month at all!! Im just fluctuating. Am finding that alcohol really affects me on plan. End up eating lots the next day etc, going way over syns.
If theres anyone else who wants to join me on having a healthy and sober April and 100% on plan :p please do. If not it's only me lol .

Yep I'm in. I know I have to cut out booze on this plan to lose weight. Just having one little glass now and then doesn't work for me and I'm better off just cutting it out altogether. I lost 2.5 lbs first week, second week I had quite a few glasses of wine watching the Rugby (when Wales won the Grand Slam) but that was the only day I went off the rails. I lost nothing that week.

Following week - no booze - I lost 2.5 lbs again.

I've been alcohol free for a fortnight now and I intend to stay that way until I get to target. Some people might be able to incorporate the occasional glass of wine into their syns, but I don't have the self discipline to do it. The glasses would get bigger and sooner or later I'd have a stressful day and I'd think - wth. So I'm better off just cutting it out altogether.

So here's to a booze free April!

Ooooo...I'd love to but it's going to be virtually impossible until the middle of the month. It's my birthday on Easter Sunday and I have a week off then culminating with a night out with a very old friend on the 14th.

Good luck to you guys - I find weekends are the killer. "School nights" I'm not bothered but come Friday I'm anticipating that first glass from about 4pm. I need to cultivate another vice. :D

Korrigan said:
Ooooo...I'd love to but it's going to be virtually impossible until the middle of the month. It's my birthday on Easter Sunday and I have a week off then culminating with a night out with a very old friend on the 14th.

Good luck to you guys - I find weekends are the killer. "School nights" I'm not bothered but come Friday I'm anticipating that first glass from about 4pm. I need to cultivate another vice. :D

That's what march was like for me. Impossible! But this month doesn't seem too bad. Itll be worth it. Maybe you could have a sober may :) yes weekenda are killers!

Morrigan96 said:
Yep I'm in. I know I have to cut out booze on this plan to lose weight. Just having one little glass now and then doesn't work for me and I'm better off just cutting it out altogether. I lost 2.5 lbs first week, second week I had quite a few glasses of wine watching the Rugby (when Wales won the Grand Slam) but that was the only day I went off the rails. I lost nothing that week.

Following week - no booze - I lost 2.5 lbs again.

I've been alcohol free for a fortnight now and I intend to stay that way until I get to target. Some people might be able to incorporate the occasional glass of wine into their syns, but I don't have the self discipline to do it. The glasses would get bigger and sooner or later I'd have a stressful day and I'd think - wth. So I'm better off just cutting it out altogether.

So here's to a booze free April!

I hope I lose as much as you have on sober weeks :) yes same. Once I've had one I want two then three and it ends up with a drunken big mac meal lol!

I've been off booze since 13th March so I'll be having a sober April too.

Up until that date I'd sorta been on it far too much and it was just making me depressed so I decided to cut it out totally. Helps as well with me trying to get more cycling done too as I can get up earlier to be ready for a cycle without a dreaded hangover.

Don't know how long I'll be off it but I'm hoping it'll help with weight loss, i've just only rejoined SW last night so I'm going to try and really make this week an amazing week :)

I was reading an article by Joanna Lumley (who is 66 years old!!! :eek:) ... and she was saying that she watches the wine - never drinking more than a couple of glasses every now and then because she thinks it 'goes straight to the face'.

At the time I thought 'what a load of old cobblers?' She looks fab I'm admit and she puts it all down to watching what she eats and drinks, astral cream and linseed oil. I thought 'yeah right' lol - what about the botox and the facials and all the rest of it.

Now, I've drunk for years and it's never gone 'straight to my face' (or so I thought :eek:). However. Since I've been doing this plan and generally taking care of meself a bit better all round, with the exercise and the early nights and careful face cleansing and moisturising and all that of a night and morning (instead of falling into bed with last night's make-up still on and then just washing it off in the shower the following morning and slapping a load more on after) ... I reckon La Lumley might be on to something?

After I had my little blip with the vino on account of Wales winning the rugby ... I noticed I did look rougher than usual for a few days. Puffier and older! Once I'd gone a few days booze free ... I definitely looked better, not so old and puffy, skin, eyes everything looked brighter and younger.

What do you think? Anything in it?

I think Lumley is one of the few (older actresses) that hasn't went down the botox/surgical route. She does look natural.

I'd agree as well that watching the booze intake would be beneficial. I know that if i'm off alcohol for any amount of time, my skin gets a lot better and 'fresher' looking. after all, alcohol basically just reduces the amount of vitamins & minerals in your system so at present even though i'm not saying 'i'll never drink again' - at present, i can do without it and i'm enjoying the break :)

I think Lumley is one of the few (older actresses) that hasn't went down the botox/surgical route. She does look natural.

I'd agree as well that watching the booze intake would be beneficial. I know that if i'm off alcohol for any amount of time, my skin gets a lot better and 'fresher' looking. after all, alcohol basically just reduces the amount of vitamins & minerals in your system so at present even though i'm not saying 'i'll never drink again' - at present, i can do without it and i'm enjoying the break :)

That's good to hear. I must admit she doesn't look 'botoxed' for want of a better word, so it's good to hear that maybe she has kept it natural and just aged well. It's just that so many of these celebrities deny having anything done ... when it's so flamin' obvious. It would be wonderful if she was the exception - she certainly does look great.

I'm not saying 'I will never drink again' either. A life without wine doesn't bear thinking about (it's just about the only vice I have left lol) ... and I want to be able to sit out in the garden of a Summer's evening and sink a few. However ... for the time being it's gotta go. And when I do start drinking again (hopefully once I'm at target) I will really try and cut it back a bit .. maybe limit myself to just having a drink at the weekends.

Yea, know what you're saying. I'd like to make alcohol a treat as it were for occassions instead of what it became (with me) which was an everyday occurance. I know as well when i've give up booze, I've more money to play with which is what i'm currently loving! :)

Morrigan96 said:
I was reading an article by Joanna Lumley (who is 66 years old!!! :eek:) ... and she was saying that she watches the wine - never drinking more than a couple of glasses every now and then because she thinks it 'goes straight to the face'.

At the time I thought 'what a load of old cobblers?' She looks fab I'm admit and she puts it all down to watching what she eats and drinks, astral cream and linseed oil. I thought 'yeah right' lol - what about the botox and the facials and all the rest of it.

Now, I've drunk for years and it's never gone 'straight to my face' (or so I thought :eek:). However. Since I've been doing this plan and generally taking care of meself a bit better all round, with the exercise and the early nights and careful face cleansing and moisturising and all that of a night and morning (instead of falling into bed with last night's make-up still on and then just washing it off in the shower the following morning and slapping a load more on after) ... I reckon La Lumley might be on to something?

After I had my little blip with the vino on account of Wales winning the rugby ... I noticed I did look rougher than usual for a few days. Puffier and older! Once I'd gone a few days booze free ... I definitely looked better, not so old and puffy, skin, eyes everything looked brighter and younger.

What do you think? Anything in it?

I think you may have a point here. Its knock on things too like you say, sleeping with make up on after a night out or not sleeping as well (Im always restless after drinking even one or two). The thing that worries me when I see myself the next morning post grog-fest all red eyed etc, is that if I look that rough on the outside, what has it done to me inside?! I just feel like Im too old to get away with it anymore!

Back