salad leaves
1/4 avocado (syn 3.5)
red onion

snack
Grapefruit
sugar (syn 2)

Syn total 10

* did make a veg soup, but it was so awful I threw it away :eek:

Day 2..... Red day (made a new soup today, much better :D )

Breakfast
porridge (Heb)
50ml milk (syn 1)
sugar (syn 1 1/2)
apple

Lunch
veg curry soup (syn 2 has potato in )
1 wholemeal roll (heb)
1 light LC cheese (syn 1.5)
lettuce
Tomato
red onion
2 clementine

Dinner
pork chop
fresh veg mix (mini corn, brocoli, carrott, mange tout)
roasted asparagus
splash of gravy (syn 1)

snack
milky coffee 250ml semi skimmed milk (hea) 100ml semi skilled milk (syn 3)
banana

syn total 10

Think I have done it right, unless anyone can tell me different )

Last edited:
You are allowed 2 he a choices too on red so you can use thia for your extra milk and save some syns.

Looks good otherwise. Keep up the good work.

Tania

Thanks Tania for the reply :D

On both days it says I can have either one or two choices from the hea's, because it gives me a choice I decided to be on the side of caution lol.

If the book had said definitively I can have 2 I would be much happier :D it leaves the ball in my court and I don't like that, I want them to tell me what to do.

Do you think its best to have the 2 choices :confused: not feeling hungry by missing it.

Thanks again

I think if you are using heb items then I would put them down as that. It is mainly to ensure that you have enough calcium rich food in your diet. You can get this from yogurts or fromage frais, of which some are free but as you haven't any of these I would definitely use your heb. If you decide to include these in your diet then it would be OK to only use 1 heb.

I hope this explanation helps. Sorry if it's a bit jumbled.;)

Tania x

I think if you are using heb items then I would put them down as that. It is mainly to ensure that you have enough calcium rich food in your diet. You can get this from yogurts or fromage frais, of which some are free but as you haven't any of these I would definitely use your heb. If you decide to include these in your diet then it would be OK to only use 1 heb.

I hope this explanation helps. Sorry if it's a bit jumbled.;)

Tania x

Completely understand it Tania no problems with that, my one big problem is i'm not a big yoghurt/fromage frais fan in fact i'm not a fan at all of many diary products. Hot milk and cheese is about the only thing I can get away with.

I'm not a picky eater I just don't like that food group or anything similar like mayo, spread etc ooo but I do love cream lol

Thanks for your advice will have another look to see if I can add something else in, your help is much appreciated x

Day 3... green day

breakfast
2 boiled eggs
tin tomatoes
1 nimble (syn 2 1/2)
1 tsp brown sauce (1/2)
Banana

Lunch
wholemeal roll (heb)
lettuce, tom, red onion
1/4 avocado (syn 3.5)

snack
banana
2 ryvita crackerbread original (syns 2)
sunflower seeds (heb)

Dinner
jacket potato
28g cheddar cheese (hea)
beans
lettuce, red onion, cherry toms,

Snack
savoury rice :eek:

syns 10

Today I was worried about having the savoury rice as a snack, but after much debate I did really need something extra today.

Day 4...red day

Breakfast
poached egg, toms, 2 original ryvita crackerbread, 1/2 tsp brown sauce (syns 2 1/2)

lunch
1 wholemeal roll (heb)
letuce, red onion, tom

dinner
chicken breast stuffed with mush, onion,thyme stuffing, wrapped in bacon
42g mozarella (hea)
198g new pots roasted win fry light and herbs recipe from sw magazine (dec ed) (heb)
salad of lettuce, radish, carrott, red onion, cherry toms

snack
200ml semi skimmed milk coffee (syn 6)

syns 10

day 5....red day

breakfast
egg
tin toms
mushrooms
1 slice nimbe (syns 2 1/2)
1 tsp brown sauce (1/2)

lunch
1 wholemeal roll (heb)
1 lc cheese (1.5)
left over salad from last night
banana

Dinner
SW steak and mushroom casserole (with a few tweeks, added worceshire sauce, bay leaves and herbs) made with oxtail soup and 1 tsp gravy granules (syns 5.5)
227g baking pot

snack
1/2 ramekin of salad bits and ham

syns ....10

Typing this up I realise I did not use my hea allowance yesterday it was suppossed to be 300ml skimmed milk made up with egg to make egg custard, but I didn't make it :eek:

Looking at my menu a lot of my lunches and breakfasts seem to be a similar thing, but this is what I have in the cupboards and freezer. However, I am loving the lc cheese wholemeal bun with salad.:D and i'm not at all bored with iany of what i'm eating :D

Oh and i'm drinking more water :D weigh in tomorrow, please scales be kind

day 6 .....Red day

Breakfast
weetabix (heb)
100ml semi skimmed milk (syn 3.5)
1 tsp sweetner

lunch
egg custard made with
2 eggs
300ml skimmed milk (hea)
vanilla essence
nutmeg
sweetner

snack
2 weetabix (heb)
50 ml skimm milk (syn 1)
1tsp sugar syn 1)

dinner
2 SW mag burgers
42g mozarella
salad made with lettuce, toms, radish, carrott, red onion

snack
ryvita crackerbread (syns 3)
banana

Syns....8.5 (not enough really :eek:)

WEIGH TIME IN 10 MINS AAARRRRGGGHHH :eek:

so nervous, it is * week so fingers crossed x

Ps must eat more fruit

Last edited:
yayy! I've found where you are hiding! Wow - 7lb loss - that's brilliant! - that's more than me in 4 weeks - dammit! :p :D

Sounds like you've really got the hang of it all - good luck with the week ahead!

Thanks ozzie, i'm really pleased with my result, but then I do have an awful lot to lose :eek:

I also have the advantage of the shops here, definitely better for this diet than woolworths or coles, but then again the fruit and veg are great there, definitely spoilt for choice 100% better there for that.

Good luck for coming week and weigh in.

Saw you post on another thread and noticed you had had a 2lb loss this week - that's great going!! I've still got a couple of days to go til WI and hoping for a pound, but I'm not convinced! Hoping that with the heat we've been having that some might have miraculously melted off! :D

Anyway, just wanted to wish you well for the week ahead and say congrats for the week just gone!

Just been looking back at my first week as I haven't filled this in for ages, may start it again and try not to get bored of writing it lol.

Well just had WI number 12 and my weightloss so far is 2 stone 11 1/2 lbs and i'm over the moon.

Still following red with 2 green days a week and its working a treat so am sticking with this method for the time being, when I get closer to goal may have a go at EE as I know it will be the best way to maintain.

x

Red Day

28g bran flakes (1 heb), banana and 50ml milk (1.5 syns)

2 egg omelette, 28g cheese (1 hea) and ham, tsp brown sauce (1/2 syn)

french fries (4.5)

spicy pork and aubergine with sw chips (1 heb)

alpen light choc /fudge (3 syns)

9.5 syns

need to up veg tomorrow, bit of an awkward day today regarding cooking, but some veg in the pork dish, peppers, onion and aubergine.

feeling good, not hungry and have eaten plenty :D still not a fan of fruit so am not to bothered about not eating it as long as my veg quota is good (although not today :eek::sigh:)

You're doing so so very well - you must be feeling on top of the world! Long may it continue! :D

Thanks ozzie, definitely feeling much better than I have in ages :D long way to go though so i'm taking it day by day

Red day
4 wholemeal crackerbread (4 syns) ww bacon and 2 boiled eggs + banana.

2 weetabix (heb) milk (hea) splenda, conference pear (love these when they are juicy and ripe :D)

227g jacket potato (heb) runner beans, chicken cacciatore (sauce made with carrott, onion, tinned toms)

quavers (4.5) pear

syns 8.5 :D

Last edited:
I also love pears, but need to let them sit out a few days so they go nice and sweet :)
Hope everything is going well at your end and you are doing so well!

I'm inspired by you! I have 10 1/2 stone to lose but am setting 2 stone targets!

Well done I might pinch a few of your plans, I'm not a great lover of fruit either!

Back