Social Life

Gemma

Gold Member
Hi all,

Was wondering how everyone manages to maintain an active social life whilst doing CD. my main worry is caving in over the weekends when all my mates are up the pub or going clubbing, i have one friend who wants to stop drinking for a couple of months so think me and him are gonna turn friday nights into "date" night, but has anyone got any inspiration on what i can do during the first few weeks to distract my attention from drinking with my mates until i get comfortable with the diet.

Thanx xx

I think that my social life will be on hold for a few weeks.
Only 1 problem, in 2 weeks time i am away for a long weekend camping so must resist the BBQ.
Sorry I can't help you but I will be watching this post for everyone else's advice
peachy
x

Well I have to admit, my social life is going to take a nose dive, but I remember from last time I did a VLCD (Lighter Life) and although annoying, I got through it. I just have to remind myself how I did it last time.....

I remember I even went on a weeks holiday to Spain with my girly friends, and I stuck to it 100%. It wasn't easy, but I just had to do it.

Socially, probably part of the reason I put weight on again (that and BF ordering takeaway and me just not noticing I was getting fat!). I love going out with my friends to wine bars, going out for food, etc. It took me a long time to get back to here (after LL when I went out, I picked carefully and didn't drink too much wine) so I am just going to have to train myself to not rely on food and drink to have a good time.

I went out on Saturday night, and it was hell. My feet hurt cos of my shoes and the lack of alcohol meant I felt everything! My friends were all drinking, but I ended up going home early. It will take time, for them to adjust to me not drinking and eating again, and for me to adjust to put up with drunk people, but it can be done.

It is hard, but we just have to make it happen. I need to lose 5-7 stone before I get married, and I am not going to let my social life ruin it! I will just have to learn. Losing weight to me is far too important.

But you need to be totally determined.:sigh:

I have to admit that my social life so far this year has been rubbish. But then again thats why I picked to start the diet in January as I knew it would be easier.
I have been out a few more times in the last few weeks and it has been a little difficult, like wanting to snatch a glass of white wine out of someones hands!!!:eek: :eek:

There's no easy answer I'm afraid, but I guess you knew that already ;) I took the decision to curb my social life whilst I was doing the diet, but that was a bit easier for me as I don't have a really busy social life to begin with. You just have to decide what's more important, this is a wonderful opportunity to lose your weight in a short space of time, and every time you "hop off" the diet for the sake of other things you're just making your dieting journey longer & longer and run the chance of ruining it altogether. Just stay strong & focussed, you can pick your social life back up when you've got to goal or still go out but be strong and just have water. It's worth the small sacrifice and you'll be glad you did when you get to your goal.

Best of luck

Back