Solange - back to basics - to lose

solange

Silver Member
I am now the same as I was when I joined Minis. I managed to put on another 12 lbs! Have lost it with 5:2 since September. Yippee but have now stalled.....

I got scared when the stairs became a problem, plus pains in hips and ankles and backache and I became one of those ladies who lean across their supermarket trolley. Pleased to say that all is better! BUT am a terrible shape as it is mainly upper body and particularly stomach. Have lost 3" inches of what would be my waist if I could call it that.

Anyway, 5:2 calories counting in earnest. I am here to win.

First FD this week and struggling already. Have to cook dinner for OH as he is seriously underweight!

I have been his full time carer for the last 4 years so one of us has to keep fit and that is me.

Tricky day. But I must stay fast. Yes, yes, yes.

Blew FD with a mince pie. Up very early with bad toothache. Dentist Thursday for 3 big back fillings and maybe an extraction. It is my 2nd FD so it should work out quite well!!

Good day yesterday with food but not the wine! All in all good as appetite has shrunk so much could not finish my sweet potato chips! Unheard of before.........

It is good to write this down as a focus.

Yes thank you Mini. Have an infection in back wisdom tooth which is coming out tomorrow. Arghh!!
Could be good for weight loss though so every cloud has a silver lining.

Hope you are ok?

Feel for you but you will feel a lot better once it is out...I went through the same thing a few months back.

Having a real lazy day:)

Tooth was not taken out as had settled a bit. So a reprieve for Christmas. It has to go but I can wait!

2 lbs lost on scales after an interminable plateau. So happy. So now 12 st 5 lbs.

:D

Hopefully it will not bother you too much.

Well done on your weight loss, 2lb is good:)

I'm STILL in my plateau !

well done!

My plateau seems to have an upward slope . Still it is a new year tomorrow so new start. This time I have the help of the local health centre drop in weight loss group on a Monday night though. Signed up for it on Tuesday morning and official start weight is 15 stone 7 pounds. Get the pack on Monday night as Tuesday was purely a weigh in session with it being between Xmas and new year.

Happy New Year all! I have gained back the 2lbs BUT am hoping it will be back off shortly. Irritating fluctuations. lol :eek:

Hoorah, after fast day yesterday have lost the 2lbs again. Woopee! Just need to focus now. Aching to get down to 1st target of 11st 12lbs.
Good luck all I shall look forward to hearing all our progress! Stay strong my friends! :)

Hi Caroline
It's good. It gets easier as time goes on. Thing is, some days are easier and you can swap days as long as you have 2 a week. Helped yesterday that I had a tummy upset!! How are you doing?

Still doing well on the food but have a nasty cold complete with chesty cough and feel yuk. Was hoping to really get going on exercise big time but not until I feel a bit better. Shall have a stroll on the treadmill though.

Looking to lose 7 lbs by my birthday in February. I WILL do it. In my dreams more would be nice!!! :rolleyes:

Hoorah, after fast day yesterday have lost the 2lbs again. Woopee! Just need to focus now. Aching to get down to 1st target of 11st 12lbs.
Good luck all I shall look forward to hearing all our progress! Stay strong my friends! :)
Well done!

I was coughing most of last night and this morning...it is doing the rounds!

Hi Mini, hope you feel better soon. I hate feeling ill as I miss exercise. Not that I have been doing much lately! :rolleyes:

When you get use to exercise your body does feel out of sorts if you stop.

I am going for my walk now as I see more bad weather is on the way and it is no fun walking in rain.

I will buy a cough bottle on the way back as I need a good strong to help me sleep.

Hope you feel better soon...

Back