Some advice for a new starter

Hexagrapher

Hello,

I am going to start Lipotrim, all being well, within the next couple of weeks. One thing which motivates me is getting back into exercising. I intend to start with regular walks and later, jogging again.

My goal is approximately three to four stone weight loss so when should I start exercising after starting the course? I have read that there is a period of time after starting that you will feel tired and maybe I should not do anything too
strenuous during that stage. I would enjoy hearing other people's views as well as general advise.

I am a 45 year old male, by the way :)

Thanks!

I've just finished my first week and my worst days were the second and third day, I was tired and had a headache. On day four I was full of energy and still am. So you should be okay apart from a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

End of first day!!

I started the Lipotrim this morning. It has been really hard and there have been times today when i have thought i really cant do it but it seems to have passed at the moment. I have drank approx 3 litres of water today. Can anybody tell me if it gets easier as time goes on.

I desperatley want to lose 3 stone and have tried so many other diets its untrue.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be easier or is that wishful thinking??

I've just finished my first week and my worst days were the second and third day, I was tired and had a headache. On day four I was full of energy and still am. So you should be okay apart from a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

My plans are,

For walking, maybe one and half hours in the evening and a good couple of hours at the weekends.

And for when I start to jog, maybe three miles for a few weeks going up to five afterwards. Maybe at the weekend, probably the same or up to around ten miles (occasionally ;) )

It would be great to think I could be starting my evening walks again after a few days.

I wouldn't do anything for a couple of weeks tbh. If you do regular exercise it may be ok to start then but take it steady as you are having such little cals and if you do exercise and burn it all up you could make yourself very ill. You may feel dizzy and tired very quickly so start slow and bulid up.
Sorry sanghi but i don't think starting it after a couple of days is a good idea at all. LT may make you feel full of energy but exercise is a whole other thing, please be careful whatever you do and listen to your body, if you feel sick or dizzy then stop and take it easy. hth

Oh, the pharmacist hold me to exercise! silly woman.

Ah sorry i mis-understood if it's ONLY walking then maybe after a week but STILL take it easy you will be amazed how quickly you get tired. mandie35, yes it does get easier, keep it up and you will be so happy when you get through first week and have a lovely weight loss at WI. Good luck!

Oh, the pharmacist hold me to exercise! silly woman.

No it was my mistake, walking should be fine hun. I hope she didn't mean full on exercise? Unless you are a regular exerciser i wouldn't recommend it honestly, you get shattered so quickly and then you could end up feeling unwell. :)

No worries. She just said walking and gentle exercise, not that I have done any apart from running up and down the stairs to go to the loo :p

Thanks for the advice.

Yes I am used to walking although, to be honest, I'm finding it tighter going this past few months with this extra weight.

I'll give it a few days rest and then start out with short walks to see how it goes. I should be able to get back to my normal distance after a couple of weeks then. That's still great news.

I guess the jogging is something else to wait for, and aim towards, later. I did jog regularly up to a couple of years ago when I had a period of time off work sick and the weight gain just started there, plain and simple.

As I say, this is still all good news. I had started off after hearing about this with images of weeks, if not months, of sitting at home dead tired and hungry so it's excellent news. If I can be out and about in a couple of weeks, then i'm in :D

When I took our dog for a walk on the beach in the first week it exhausted me!! Going back up the slip I felt like I had climbed a mountain!! I couldn't believe it.

One minute I had no problem just walking the dog next its like an epic!!

I started the Lipotrim this morning. It has been really hard and there have been times today when i have thought i really cant do it but it seems to have passed at the moment. I have drank approx 3 litres of water today. Can anybody tell me if it gets easier as time goes on.

I desperatley want to lose 3 stone and have tried so many other diets its untrue.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be easier or is that wishful thinking??

It will get easier, but the first week is the hardest. Just take it one day at a time, when you want to eat, just tell yourself, later. Before you know it, it is time for bed and another day.

I tend to tell myself that getting food is just such hard work, and I like being lazy and just having a shake.:D

The other tip is to have your shakes at the times when you normally get hungry, for example I have my firt one at 2 in the afternoon, because evenings are my hungry times, but morning are easier because I am busier and just think oh, I'll have it in a minute. And drink lots of water, and come on here and read the posts so you know what to expect.

Good luck.

As everyone has said - the first week is toughest, so I wouldn't anticipate too much activity! But, just do what you feel up to after that - you'll know what is too much!

Good luck!! :)

Hannah

Back