Some help if possible , sorry if this has been already asked

Kellybelly123

1. Hi Everyone

Thanks for looking im so sorry if this is a silly question im new : )

I just want to know the 600 calorie meal allowance, can this be anything no more 600 calorie example prawn salad ?
    Also can i break the 600 calorie down example 550 meal and 50 calorie yoghurt?

What about drinks coffee ,coke zero ?

Thank you

Anything 600cals I would say. But try to make sure its healthy and well balanced when possible. Adding a yogurt as dessert will be fine

Drinks with no cals like diet coke and others are fine. Tea and coffee are too but bear in mind milk and sugar are calories. I use sweetener, and keep my snacks to about 70 cals so I can have a dash of milk in my coffee

Thank you so i can have whatever snacks i want 3 times a day at 95 calories is that correct ofcourse healthy snacks

As far as I know yeah. Bear in mind milk in tea and coffee is between 20 and 30 cals or so, so factor that milk into your snack or meal allowance.

I try and keep my snacks as bulky as I can - a fave at the moment is a slice of WW bread with a scrape of light philli, a couple of slices of wafer thin ham and stacks of salad leaves on top. Very filling, especially if you wash it down with a big glass of water or diet pop. Be careful of diet pop though - it still has calories, just not loads, but if you drink gallons it all adds up! I read on MFP the other day that soemone on there was drinking 3-4 litres a day :eek:

I actually don't technically follow the SF 1-2-3 plan as I often split my meals throughout the day so I have 2 shakes (normally breakfast and dinner) and three small meals of about 300 cals each throughout the day. It works better for me than 3 small 100 cal snacks which, frankly, don't touch my hunger and a larger meal.

Another one to try is sugar free jelly. Great for staving off sweet cravings and as a bit of temporary "filler". I make up a sachet and split into 4 bowls in the fridge - around 8 cals each and you really do feel like you are having something naughty (assuming you like jelly that is!).

HTH and good luck on your weight loss journey.

Last edited:
On the subject of milk for coffee and tea: sometimes I use a mix of water and milk to make up the shakes (like half and half or 2/3 milk and 1/3 water) and use the "left over" milk for coffee. Great if you fancy something like a latte - if you steal some milk from both shakes for the day, you have enough for a small, milky coffee later on (and still all your snack calories). I am a bit of a coffee addict, lol! It helps me feel full up too.

Great idea there! I'm going to try that tomorrow :). Fed up having to use one of my snacks as milk in tea & coffee

Back