Cruise PP Some newbie questions, new one added :) post 3

CLR

I apologise in advance, i am sure these get asked all the time but i'm a little confused now after reading around on here :ashamed0005:

Can i have sugar free jelly?
Quorn is ok yes? but does that not include sausages?
Also, my book doesn't say anything about limiting skimmed milk but someone had posted saying not more then 250ml a day, which is right? I have been drinking a huge amount of milk.
And yoghurts, the book says fat free with fruit bits is ok as long as it's not more then 2 a day but again i have read on here they are not ok

and (last one promise) am i still to stick to only 2 eggs a day now i am on the cruise stage?

thankyou in advance :eek:

Last edited:
I apologise in advance, i am sure these get asked all the time but i'm a little confused now after reading around on here :ashamed0005:

Can i have sugar free jelly? Yes fill your boots!!!
Quorn is ok yes? but does that not include sausages? Some say be careful, others eat as tolerated
Also, my book doesn't say anything about limiting skimmed milk but someone had posted saying not more then 250ml a day, which is right? I have been drinking a huge amount of milk. U should limit so if u stall reduce the amount(I live on the stuff)
And yoghurts, the book says fat free with fruit bits is ok as long as it's not more then 2 a day but again i have read on here they are not ok
2 a day on cruise is correct, if u stall, try limiting or changing to coconut/ toffee flavour

and (last one promise) am i still to stick to only 2 eggs a day now i am on the cruise stage? Eggs are unlimited on all phases unless u have high colesteral xxx

Hopefully answered above xxx

thankyou :D

oh one more question

the book talks about the PV and PP cruise phase as 1:1, 5:5 or 2:5

Do i HAVE to stick to these? I was hoping to have weekends as PV so do 2:2:1:2 one week and 2:2:2:1 the next, meaning one week 3:4 the other 4:3, would that still work? If i have to do PP on the weekend it limits what i can do with my partner food wise

Sorry and another, i don't want to spam the board with countless questions but is it normal to feel rather sick when you start doing PV days?

thankyou :D

oh one more question

the book talks about the PV and PP cruise phase as 1:1, 5:5 or 2:5

Do i HAVE to stick to these? I was hoping to have weekends as PV so do 2:2:1:2 one week and 2:2:2:1 the next, meaning one week 3:4 the other 4:3, would that still work? If i have to do PP on the weekend it limits what i can do with my partner food wise

Sorry and another, i don't want to spam the board with countless questions but is it normal to feel rather sick when you start doing PV days?

You have to do equal amounts of PV days to PP days so you'll have to work it out.

Everyone is different regards to when they feel sick etc

And I dont believe that was your last question lol, ive been doing it a yaer and still ask questions xxx thats what we are all hear for good Luck xxx

Can i have sugar free jelly?
Quorn is ok yes? but does that not include sausages?
Also, my book doesn't say anything about limiting skimmed milk but someone had posted saying not more then 250ml a day, which is right? I have been drinking a huge amount of milk.

and (last one promise) am i still to stick to only 2 eggs a day now i am on the cruise stage?

Laura answered for her with almost ditto answers to what i would say so I'll just add my tuppence LOL.

I have SF Jelly every day, it does suggest thou that you only have 3 portions a day. A packet of Hartleys/Asda jelly is supposed to serve 4. I personally make one jelly do three portions, but I only have 1 a day at supper time.

Quorn, I have recently discovered quorn and eat it in all different ways. Sausages, hot Dogs, Peppered Steaks, Roasts, Burgers. not had chicken or mince yet, but then i have that as proper meat anyway. I still only have two of the sausages or hot dogs, but only because I don't want to eat the box too quickly and I use these as an addition to a meal rather than the meal itself. So the Jambalaya i did theother day had Asda Turkey Sausages (2) and some quorn ones in it too........made the meal bigger.

Milk, I tend to only have it in my drinks and on porridge. I think if you drink it and find that you are still losing weight then don't worry too much, but on days when the loss wasn't so good, reduce your dairy.

Yogurts I've had a conversation almost the same previously, the book does say limit to two a day, but I think these are fruit 'flavoured' not with bits in. Its much cheaper and easier to buy plain yogurt and sweeten and flavour it yourself. I make my own yogurt and do that.

Eggs, goodness, I go thru two boxes of 15 a week, and thats only occasionally making some for the family. With two a day for my bread, and 4 in muffins, and if I am having boiled eggs or deviled eggs I can have 2-3. I actually panic if I am running out of eggs LOL. Sweet omlettes are rather nice and I use two for them as well.

keep asking your questions, we all do. I've been here since last june and still ask questions. There will always always be someone who has an answer or knows something.

Good luck xx

Hello! I'm also a newbie - I've been doing Dukan for nearly three weeks and I am still continuously panicking that I'm doing it completely wrong as well as continuously craving chocolate!

One thing I was wondering - after five days attack and five days of cruise I had lost 7 pounds. After another week of cruise I had put on 2 pounds (so upset!) but then two days later, yesterday, I had lost another 5 pounds. Is that normal?!

Thanks guys, nice to be part of the community at last!! :)

Hello! I'm also a newbie - I've been doing Dukan for nearly three weeks and I am still continuously panicking that I'm doing it completely wrong as well as continuously craving chocolate!

One thing I was wondering - after five days attack and five days of cruise I had lost 7 pounds. After another week of cruise I had put on 2 pounds (so upset!) but then two days later, yesterday, I had lost another 5 pounds. Is that normal?!

Thanks guys, nice to be part of the community at last!! :)

Yes and it may continue to be a bit random for a while

welcone nicstar xx great loss

well done nicstar, yes it can be very very frustrating, but we need to all remember (reminder to self) that it all balances out in the end. LOL

and I'm sure you're all too polite (yet) to mention "output" but, if you find things slow up in that department, that too is perfectly normal, although annoying. Rhubarb, cold water, there are natural remedies we all use but, with less fibre in our diet, we don't need to go as often (ahem!).

I found that issue quite a weird one to start with as i was a very regular person. I find that the days I don't lose seem to be the days in between trips to the loo LOL. SF sweets help though. In fact i think the build up of sweetners in all things SF probably help.

Back