Some questions: frothy soup, sparkling water & knowing you're in ketosis

HelenaHandbasket

As a newcomer to CD, currently on day 2 of SS, I have a few questions. Hope that's okay.

I'm using a blender to mix my soups, but I'm not very keen on the resultant froth. Is the only option to spoon it off?

Is sparkling water as effective as still? I'm drinking both, but I much prefer fizzy.

How can you tell that you're in ketosis, without testing? Is it worth buying some tests? Where does one get them and are they expensive?

HH

ok frothy soup. i make my soup up by putting 300ml of cold water in a pan and whisking in the powder and heating it up to desired temperature

fizzy, still both as good as each other so drink away

ketosis, watch out for the death breath and lack of hunger

ok frothy soup. i make my soup up by putting 300ml of cold water in a pan and whisking in the powder and heating it up to desired temperature

fizzy, still both as good as each other so drink away

ketosis, watch out for the death breath and lack of hunger

Thanks, sumayyah. I'm not hungry, but can't detect bad breath. I'm a bit worried that everyone else might be smelling it, though!

HH

Soup, i use a balloon whisk, no nasty froth and it's quick and easy. Sparkling water is fine. I knew i was in Ketosis as the hunger had gone and i had a funny taste in my mouth :)

Thanks, sumayyah. I'm not hungry, but can't detect bad breath. I'm a bit worried that everyone else might be smelling it, though!

HH

I dont get bad breath I just have a funny taste in my mouth, can't describe it.. :confused:

I dont get bad breath I just have a funny taste in my mouth, can't describe it.. :confused:

metallicy (sp) ??? .....and dont forget the old 'carpet tongue' !!! :eek:

Day 2 maybe just a wee bit soon for horrid breath to have kicked in.... but don't worry....it'll come !!!

My CDC gave me 2 sticks so I could test if I was in ketosis. I don't like the froth on soup either, but can't be bothered with that 'cooking' lark!

metallicy (sp) ??? .....and dont forget the old 'carpet tongue' !!! :eek:

Day 2 maybe just a wee bit soon for horrid breath to have kicked in.... but don't worry....it'll come !!!

Gee, thanks ;)!

I cut out carbs for two days before starting SS, so I may have a slight head start in the ketosis department. Not sure. I'm certainly not feeling hungry, which is good, although I do crave food.

HH

Yup, I think I've got that now. Delightful, isn't it?!

Thanks,
HH

Drinking the water def helps, and I know its not much consolation but as time wears on it seems to wear off - oh just a thought it might be that I'm so used to having dog breath now that I no longer notice it :eek::eek::D;):cool:

Drinking the water def helps, and I know its not much consolation but as time wears on it seems to wear off - oh just a thought it might be that I'm so used to having dog breath now that I no longer notice it :eek::eek::D;):cool:

:D My "normal" breath has been known to make my young son gag violently when giving me a kiss first thing in the morning, so I dread to think what it's like now :eek:. My poor husband has been getting far fewer snogs than normal these past few days ;).

HH

I have biiiig issues with froth.. it makes me gag.. but SummerSkye (or Sharon.. Lol).. told me to use about.. 300mls of water.. if not a bit more.. which thins out the froth.. lol.. and i do it in the whizzer.. and then heat it up in the pan.. just on a gentle heat.. and i think its better for me.. cos im so used to cooking.. and i miss it.. lol..
and when im in Ketosis.. im freeeeeeezing cold..
x x x

I have biiiig issues with froth.. it makes me gag.. but SummerSkye (or Sharon.. Lol).. told me to use about.. 300mls of water.. if not a bit more.. which thins out the froth.. lol.. and i do it in the whizzer.. and then heat it up in the pan.. just on a gentle heat.. and i think its better for me.. cos im so used to cooking.. and i miss it.. lol..
and when im in Ketosis.. im freeeeeeezing cold..
x x x

Thanks, Kitteh. I'm absolutely freeeeeeeeeezing today, too. Might have to make myself a hot water bottle soon. What a rock'n'roll lifestyle ;)!

HH

hehe.. isnt it just..!! i sit on my sofa with a blanket.. lol.. its new home is behind the sofa so i canget it easily.. lol..
You can get ketosis sticks from boots.. they cost about a fiver.. but dont always take them as gospel.. cos it can depend on how much you've drank.. when you test.. etc.. you know..
Just keep on drinking all that water.. lol..!!!!!!
Cat x x x

I was ketosis obsessed when I started - testing myself all the time. Now I dont' bother because following the diet I am in ketosis. I don't need to test anymore because being on CD makes you go in ketosis END OF STORY. So don't stress about it - if you aren't in it now you definitely will be very very soon. Worrying about it won't make ketosis happen any faster or slower.

Hope this helps.

Back