Some Recipes from my first week!

SAM90

Hi,

Just had my first weigh-in tonight (lost 6.5lbs :)) and thought I'd share some of the dinners I had. I don't have exact measurements or anything but I'llk give as best a guide as I can. Also, as I've only been on ww for a week some of the points are bound to be wrong, please correct me! All portions/ ingredients Serve 1.

Diet Coke Chicken (LOVE this) (5pp or 11pp with rice)

165g chicken breast, raw (4pp)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 chicken stock cube (1pp)
3tbsp passata
Lea & Perrins (or any Worcester Sauce), a good dash!
Low fat cooking spray
1/2 can of diet coke

Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and add the chicken and onions, fry until chicken is browned and onions are softened. Crumble over the stock cube and fry for a further minute. Mix together the passata, diet coke and Worcester sauce and add to the pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the liquid is almost gone and the chicken is coated in a sticky sauce.

I serve this on a bed of 150g boiled rice (6pp).

Spaghetti and Meatballs (14pp)

Meatballs
Beef mince, 140g raw (8pp)
1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1/2 beef stock cube (1pp, other half used later)
2 light cheese triangles (1pp)

Sauce
1 red onion, sliced
250g passata
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1/2 beef stock cube
Low fat cooking spray

150g cooked spaghetti (4pp)

In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients and mix with hands until it's all combined. Shape into small balls and put in the fridge.
Spray a frying pan with low fat cooking spray and fry the onions with the garlic. When softened, add the passata, stock cube and mixed herbs and bring to the boil. Transfer the sauce into a casserole dish and cook at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, take out the sauce and add the meatballs ensuring every meatball is coated in sauce. Return to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes. Add the spaghetti to the dish, mix and serve.

I know this takes quite a lot of effort but it's soo worth it, I love this sauce!

Stewed Sausages & Mash (11pp)

1 onion, sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
3 WW Sausages (3pp)
4 tsp gravy granules (2pp)
Beef Stock Cube (1pp)
150g Potatoes, boiled (3pp)
4tsp half fat butter (2pp)
Low fat cooking spray

Spray a frying pan with the low fat cooking spray and add the onions and carrots. When the onions are browned, add the sausages and brown. Crumble over the stock cube and fry for a few minutes. Transfer to a casserole dish. Add water to the gravy granules and make up to a thickness of your liking. Pour the gravy over the sausages and cook in the oven at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes. Mash the potatoes and add the butter. Serve with veggies of your choice! (I like cabbage with this)

This week I plan to make Chicken Curry and Chicken Fajitas

xxx

Wow amazing weight loss, well done to you, keep the recipes coming, I will defiantly be using these as they are proponted for 1 portion (this may sound silly but the portion for 4 people in recipes really throws me as I could polish the whole lot)!!!!!! so love the way you have posted these... Thanks a million & keep up the fantastic work, tomorro is my 1st day back (Again) so this really gonna help me x

Aww thanks and... you're welcome lol. I use 1 portion measurements because my partner eats way more and my child way less so I just measure all mine separately so I know I'm having the right measurements rather than splitting them. Glad you are going to try them let me know how you get on! Good luck in your first week xxxx

I started a new thread as they're not from my first week anymore lol it's called "Filling Dinners?" and the curry recipe is in there xx

ooooooo need to try the diet coke chicken!!!

me too! that sounds amaziiiing!! definitely going to try this :D thanks for some great meal idea's sam90 :) xx

Back