Someone Finally noticed...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by PrincessSmiles, 28 January 2008 Social URL.

1. PrincessSmiles

PrincessSmiles Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Am on Week 11 of CD and was a leetle bit demoralised that no-one at work had noticed I've lost over two and a half stone ... (except for one lady who does Weight Watchers and so is very sensitive to weight loss).

Then on Friday one lady in the office next door said to me that whenever I go round there to use the fax machine (twice a day usually), they all look up to see how much more I've shrunk!! Hooray, it must be noticeable after all!!! :) Guess no-one wanted to mention it in case I got embarrassed!

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Feels fabulous doesn't it, enjoy every minute, you've earnt it!

Georgie
    x

Mini likes this.
  4. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I'm sure there is a huge difference,people are just so funny about making comments,especially those who never watch their weight.

No ones noticed mine yet,but I've such a lot to lose I don't think mine is thst noticable yet

Susan

Mini likes this.
  5. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Isn't it interesting that we care so much what others think. I am fat..i work with a fat woman who has lost 2 pounds on WW and everyone is saying how much you can tell. I have lost 2 stones and very few have commented!!!!
    Paranoia setting in now...maybe they just don't like me!

Mini likes this.
  6. superma

superma CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Have you got any before and present photos for us to see? I'm sure this lot here will be able to spot the difference!!!

Well done on your losses far! Keep it up.

Mini likes this.
  7. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    so please for you, best feeling ever

Mini likes this.
  8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

aww well at least theve finally noticed! well done u deserve all the compliments :)

sorry i cant spell :(

Mini likes this.
  9. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Thats BRILLIANT PS - made me smile! You've literally worked your butt off, hold your head up proud and work that new figure of yours. You've done so well :D

Keep it up! xxx

Mini likes this.
  10. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I came to a conclusion about this last year when I did LL. I reckon its because its dropping off so quickly. People probably see you and notice the massive difference but can't understand what they are seeing. After all its not usually that noticeable that quickly. Therefore I reckon some people might think you are really ill and thats why they don't say anything lol Either that or some people are just ignorant!!

Mini likes this.
  11. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

Its brilliant when people start noticing isn't it. I'd lost 5 and a half stone before the first person commented. Ive lost 6 and a half now and I think its only 5 who have noticed. I do have a hell of a lot to lose but it can be disheartening.

As for the person who has lost 2lbs at weightwatchers - I'm pretty certain people can't really tell, but maybe she doesn't stop talking about it so people feel they have to be nice?

annie_d and Mini like this.
  12. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It really is a great feeling isn't it, I'm very lucky in that I get loads of compliments at work lol, especially the next door office that I only visit once a week - I even got called teeny-tiny the other day - although it's far from true it made me very happy!

Corinne x

Mini likes this.
  13. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Full Member

Well I've lost 6 and a half stone and still people don't seem to notice! Even I can notice in my most recent photos (see gallery) although I still feel pretty much the same as I did at the beginning! I'm hoping the 'thin' feeling will kick in soon :eek:)

MM x

14. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    They must be blind! Or jealous. No longer a fatty to poke fun at. How can they not see it or mention anything? The photos are a great incentive aren't they? Must do some!

15. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Full Member

Thanks Big Birdy! Its amazing the things people don't like to say - I think its a British thing, not mentioning what people look like. My close 'proper' friends have all commented which I suppose is the important thing :)

MM x

16. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

True friends tell you like it is, good or bad. Take it from them not the others. There is one at work who is all bubbly and wonderful, but I have seen 'the other side', and it's not nice. People who are forced together through work, especially a gaggle of women of similar nature, tend not to be nice. I much prefer to work with men!

17. PrincessSmiles

PrincessSmiles Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Thanks guys! Ulp, am a bit shy of having my picture taken, but I should do it really... will have to make the effort - mind you, I'm a big destroyer of fat photo's so finding a 'before' one could prove difficult!! Lol!

Yeah, I agree - there's two ladies at my work who are doing WW and are very much lose a pound one week, gain one the week after but cos they talk about it all the time everyone gives them lots of encouragement whereas I don't like to talk about CD to anyone except close trusted friends and family cos I can't take the flak!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    It's a great feeling isn't?? Get used to it because it will happen time and time again now!

Well done on your great losses

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.