Someone kick me....

kjs1628

Surely....
Just can t get my head in the game.....and I need to......

struggled to have a single 100% day since I restarted after new year. I have just eaten a Christmas Santa, my fingers are constantly going to the kids plates. I feel an absolute failure.

Don't pity me. Give me tips on how to get going again - please!!!!

What makes you cave? Boredom? Hunger? Habit? Once you know, you can tackle it better.

My advice would be...

Make a list of the reasons why you want to lose weight or find a motivational picture. Put copies obviously the fridge, cupboard, anywhere you go to get food from.

Try to keep yourself busy. Find distractions like painting your nails, having a bath etc.

If you feel hungry/tempted, have a glass of water and see how you feel in a bit. Can almost guarantee you'll forget all about it!

And my biggest piece of advice? Don't beat yourself up about it. We've all been there, I've got about a million tshirts to prove it! Just get straight back on and find out why it happened so you can try to avoid it next time.

You'll get your head in the right place, just stick with it :)

It's not hunger....I think it's just pig-headedness....you can't make me type thing ( which is crazy because 'you' is me! I'm only doing this for me, no one else...) not bored either, or habit particularly, just sitting there thinking " why shouldn't I?" Urgh!

It's not hunger....I think it's just pig-headedness....you can't make me type thing ( which is crazy because 'you' is me! I'm only doing this for me, no one else...) not bored either, or habit particularly, just sitting there thinking " why shouldn't I?" Urgh!

I totally understand where you're coming from. Think we must have felt really over-controlled in our youth!!! :)

Ive been breathing very deeply, exhaling a lot to remove tasty smells from my nose.
tbh you need to be in the zone, Ive restarted vlcds probably about 3 times until finally being able to do it properly.
I think just being fed up with being out of control is what made me feel like I can do it.
Did you have a good pig out over xmas? I certainly did and I think it made me have enough

Perhaps right now a vlcd isn't right for you? I've been dieting on and off for years and I'm only now at a point where this is going to work for me. Perhaps for now try calorie counting or just generally try and be a bit healthier? You're only a little bit overweight, so maybe this is a bit too extreme for your needs.

I knew (feared?) people would say now's not the time and yes, you're probably right but.....I feel like if I could just find a way of sticking one whole week, the scales might be the prompt I really need. As in a really good loss might motivate me for more. Might give my husband some money and tell him he can only give it me back when I've had a week without cheating.... Is it ridiculous that I'm even thinking of bribing myself!?? Err, yes!

*kick* *kick* *kick*

Because your writing on here and this thread you've already given yourself a bit of a kick!!! Don't stress too much. Get you head together the diet follows xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

the thing i would say to you is that sometime the presure of commiting to the diet long term can make us fail so just take each day as it comes and everyday u have under ur belt will give u the umf to carry on, i am sarting fresh tomoz and im going 100 % and plan to for the next 9 weeks.
if u want this u can do it just dont be under to much pressure x

TRy and set up a reward system then. For every day that you're 100%, put some money in a pot, 50p, £1, whatever you can afford. Then, at the end, you've got a nice pot of money to go and buy yourself a new wardrobe with or to use on a spa day or whatever else you fancy.

Take it one day at a time, one meal time at a time if you need to. I read some brilliant analogies the other day about feeling a failure if you "cheat" and throwing the towel in - if you slip down one step, do you then throw yourself down the full flight? If you miss your turning on the motorway, do you keep on driving the wrong way for another 5 hours? If you chip a plate, do you get the entire dinner service out and smash it all?

You're making massive changes to your life, it's natural to be rebellious, to want to cheat, just because you can. The list of reasons to lose weight is a really powerful tool and does help, as does putting it into perspective, accepting it and moving on. You'll get there, we all will, I'm sure of that :)

There are many wise words on this thread o help you if you truly want the help. There is always someone on the forum to vent at when times are hard ( or they are skiving work) use us!!

Alas statistically jan is the hardest and worst month to start any plan. It's even harder on Vlcd. You gone straight from binge to famine ( kind of) and its a hard plan at the best of times. I always found it sooooo easy, but I was always starting in the summer!.! Why don't you try easing your self in, low carbs with 1 Vlcd meal aday week 1, low carb with 2 Vlcd a day week 2 then 3 Vlcd with a protein and veg meal from week 3. That might help ease you into it without binging!!!

Just an idea!!

Good luck

Xxx

I LOVE this site- thank you so so much guys - there are some great ideas in here (espesh like the idea of a pot of money for skinny clothes!). Feel stronger today and have an easier day too, so onwards and upwards. The analogies about throwing yourself down the stairs are brilliant too. I am a real one for " messed up now so may as well keep going" and realised that this probably began yesterday with having a bite of my son's cheesecake. We went out for some bonding time while my daughter was at dancing, he offered me some of his cheesecake, I didn't want to turn him down....bingo- I'd already ruined it so may as well carry on! Must stay strong! I also think the feast of Christmas to famine thing is true of me too - man I pigged myself!

Do you know what, I might start a diary on here, just for a while....open myself up to public success or failure... Does anyone actually read them and comment? I think I'd like that, but I've never been on that thread myself.

Anyway, thanks a lot you guys. I really appreciate your input and am touched that you came in to help. Mwah! Xxxxx

Back