Something I would never have done pre SW!

stivesliz

Gold Member
My friend's hubby is having a sponsored 24 hour badminton tournament on Sunday and I have put my name down for a half hour slot.

he is raising funds to help build homes in Nepal and as I thought it was a worthy cause I didn't even have to think about saying 'ok'!

Am just sitting here thinking that before my current SW journey there is no way on earth I would have done this - I barely left the house if I had to - so am patting myself on the back for getting this far. I still have a way to go and will never be mistaken for Kate Moss but feel confident to run around for half an hour in front of a very sporty man and no doubt some spectators too - eek!

I know we all have defining moments when old clothes fit etc but what do other members do now that they wouldn't have been able to before they joined SW?

I want to go to a theme park and actually go on rides, not be too worried I won't fit!

Also I want to take my little boy to Cadbury World, Im going to order my vouchers and then I have 6 months to loose a good chunk so I don't look like a huge chocolate monster!

i want to be able to wear a football shirt and ride on a motorbike when i have lost my weight

Sounds silly I know, but I can paint my toe nails without huffing and puffing and feeling uncomfy by toe 10!!! :) :) :)

Funny how some of the easiest things will make our lives so much more easier. I mowed and strimmed my garden last week and needed a nap after, it's only 5mx5m!

Good for you and good luck. I'm trying my hardest to jog on the wii, I've never jogged or ran before even at school i would avoid it at any opportunity. I'm determined to give it a go, currently got on to the island lap which is aout 12 minutes but i have to have 4 breaks! not because I'm out of breath but because my calve muscles are killing me, maybe when they arent holding up 19 stone they will stop aching!

I can wear a dress comfortably for the 1st time since I was a teenager and I'm running a half marathon in 3 weeks :eek:

I'm going to a spa day in August with massage that I got off my hub for Christmas. I could never of done this before joining slimming world and losing some weight.

Last edited:
Back