Sometimes it's hard to resist................

stivesliz

Gold Member
I have just come back from the quiz final night - I play in the local quiz league and my team somehow managed to get through to the final - we lost in the end but gave the winners a good run for their money.

My issue is not the quiz but the buffet they serve afterwards.....tonight it was chilli con carne and rice, a creamy chicken dish AND some lovely looking chips. I had eaten a dinner before I went and technically could have had some chilli and rice but managed to resist. Everyone was trying to tempt me but I am pretty focussed at the moment so I said 'no'.

It's hard though isn't it when we are is a social situation and there is food on the go? I wasn't hungry and I want to succeed so that's how I managed to keep away from it and my fellow quizzers are good mates so they understand my reasons.

I am now at home feeling a bit glum that I have to be like this - we all know that some people can eat what they want and gert away with it but I am not one of them.

How does everyone else manage on a night out where food is involved?

Firstly if you want the food, don't let SW rule your life, have some of that bad buffet once in a while or whatever naughty thing it is. Don't let SW control you, you control it. I made that mistake, and didn't realise I was doing it, nearly ended up giving myself an eating disorder.

Secondly don't feel down about it, you didn't want to eat and weren't hungry so there's no need to feel down about it. But I know what you mean, watching everyone else eat whatever they want while you have to be careful is annoying. When i go out I tend to allow myself the night off SW so I don't feel deprived while everyone else enjoys eating.

aw I feel your pain Liz, its the one thing about SW that gets me every time! :sigh: Its just not fair, oh how I wish I could be one of those people who can eat what they want and never gain any weight!

I know, its hard isnt it? I guess none of us on here were lucky enough to just be able to eat what we want & get away with it. How to deal with it? Sometimes I just 'walk away' & tell myself I dont want whatever is on offer, and sometimes I make a judgement call & have it anyway - and either write it off, or retrospectively try to syn it. How I deal with it tends to result from whatever frame of mind I'm in at that time. Sometimes I'm cool with it & think that I know I'll look better once I've lost weight - and that thought is enough. Other times I really resent it and can be like a rabid dog....

I've been struggling with this lately and have also been feeling resentful. Why can everyone else eat it and i can't. Then i remember i've had more than my fair share which is why i need sw! I've had an off day today for the first time in 8 weeks and have not enjoyed it as much as I thought I would!! Back to plan for me tomorrow with hopefully a much more positive attitude.

I think what kept me away from it was the fact that I had had a really good dinner before going out so there was no way I was hungry but it just smelled and looked soooooooo good!

Obviously today I am glad that I behaved myself and am sure when WI day comes along I will be happy but sometimes I just wish I could just dive into that buffet lol! x

I think everyone understands that resentful feeling- I burst into tears in my group last week because I ws fed up of 'being good' after 6months on the plan. I ended up having a week off plan and gaining 2lbs and actually feel more focused because of it now because I've seen just how quickly it can all pile back on. I will be having birthday cake at my son's 1st birthday party tomorrow but just one piece as I can't let SW rule my life.

I go out quite a lot and can handle the drinks side of things, ie, I have vodka and diet coke but when they bring out those buffets!!!!

I dont always resist but like I said, my logic was that I was full from dinner so eating more would just be greedy which ironically is what got me where I am in the first place lol. x

Back