Sometimes you have to be your own hero

ushotmedown

Hello everyone! :sign0144:
So I guess this is just for me to record my weight loss journey or something :rolleyes:

On to the boring stuff.. A little about me:

I'm Nicole. I'm almost 20. I'm engaged and getting married in 2015. I'm vegan so I'll constantly be doing Green days.

I need to lose around 10 stone. Wow that's a big number, I guess I'll need even more motivation to lose it.

I weigh in on Wednesdays at 5:30pm. So I had my first weigh in yesterday. I lost 4.5lbs. So I guess I'll keep it all written down on this first page. Well that's the plan at least.

Starting date: 11/07/2012
Week One (18/07): -4.5lbs
Week Two (25/07):
Week Three (01/08):
Week Four (08/08):

I spent the day at the beach today. We went to the aquarium. I managed to avoid eating any bad food :D
I rolled my trackies up to me knees and went in the sea, came home and my lower legs were about a shade darker than my upper legs :rolleyes:
Got back and had literally 2 plates full for dinner tonight. Couscous, vegan mince, sweet potato mash, spaghetti loops, like 6 mini jacket potatoes and lettuce. YUM.
I was meant to spend the day packing because i'm leaving my uni accommodation tomorrow

Today was hectic. Packed up our stuff. Only around 3/4 fit into the car so we will need to make another trip later this week.
Almost blew my whole weeks syns on chilli and mint potatoes from asda that my OH's mum got. Good thing I checked online before hand and didn't just assume like I normally would.

Hiiiii :) have found your diary and thought would pop in. Hope the move went well used to hate having to move back from uni So much hard work and every year I seemed to end up with more.

Bet your glad u checked syns first, I've nearly made that mistake a few times but now never eat anything before I know the syn value. Hope the rest of your weekend is going well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiiiii :) have found your diary and thought would pop in. Hope the move went well used to hate having to move back from uni So much hard work and every year I seemed to end up with more.

Bet your glad u checked syns first, I've nearly made that mistake a few times but now never eat anything before I know the syn value. Hope the rest of your weekend is going well x

Hi! hi! hi!
Thanks for dropping by. :D
My weekend went okay. Bought around 98% of the food I will need for the week.
Plan to go swimming tomorrow *runs and hides*
Plan to be at the pool for 7am opening so not many people see me in my costume. :sigh:

Ah good luck. Ur doing great. Think how different u will look after the summer hols.x

ushotmedown said:
Hi! hi! hi!
Thanks for dropping by. :D
My weekend went okay. Bought around 98% of the food I will need for the week.
Plan to go swimming tomorrow *runs and hides*
Plan to be at the pool for 7am opening so not many people see me in my costume. :sigh:

Sounds fabulous planning makes so much difference doesnt it, when I look back at my diary and food tracker I always notice the difference when I hav planned.

Hope the swimming went ok hun x

Thanks for the replies ladies.
I'm just trying to focus on my long term goals instead of how tired I am atm.
The swimming went great. Did 15 laps. It doesn't sound a lot, but I have a fear of swimming in deep water away from an edge as I was almost drowned when I was younger.
I did both things today and managed 15 laps. I taught myself to swim a few years ago and haven't been swimming since then. So go me?

ushotmedown said:
Thanks for the replies ladies.
I'm just trying to focus on my long term goals instead of how tired I am atm.
The swimming went great. Did 15 laps. It doesn't sound a lot, but I have a fear of swimming in deep water away from an edge as I was almost drowned when I was younger.
I did both things today and managed 15 laps. I taught myself to swim a few years ago and haven't been swimming since then. So go me?

Sounds like you did really well especially if u have a few phobias. Wtg hun :) x

Thank you! You're so lovely!
Went for a 2.5hour swim today.
Been up since 5am.
Thinking of making moussaka tonight. Mmmm

ushotmedown said:
Thank you! You're so lovely!
Went for a 2.5hour swim today.
Been up since 5am.
Thinking of making moussaka tonight. Mmmm

Flaming heck your becoming my hero all these Early mornings and exercise lol!

Moussaka sounds yummy, in starving but WI in 1.5 hours so won't eat til after now! X

Aww that's so sweet!
I have another 5am start tomorrow. More swimming!
I didn't cook the moussaka tonight, figured I would save it for tomorrow, for my tea, after my weigh in.
I had more super speed soup for tea. Even my OH likes it!
I went to see the new batman film today. It was AMAZING.

Spent 4 hours swimming today. Weigh in later.
Might go swimming again later.
Busy busy busy

Lost 2lbs. I'm 1/2lb away from my 1/2st award!
I found out where I was going wrong though! I'm only having 1 HExb instead of 2.
I've been with my OH a year and a half today :D Only 30 months until we get married.
Seeing the venue in 2 days!
I'm still on target to lose 4st by xmas so I'm happy

ushotmedown said:
Lost 2lbs. I'm 1/2lb away from my 1/2st award!
I found out where I was going wrong though! I'm only having 1 HExb instead of 2.
I've been with my OH a year and a half today :D Only 30 months until we get married.
Seeing the venue in 2 days!
I'm still on target to lose 4st by xmas so I'm happy

Woo hoo well done you that's brilliant. We will both be after at least a little 0.5 this week then :)

Happy anniversary. You must let us know what your venue is like when u see it. X

Had a stressful day on thursday, I was feeling totally rubbish about myself, as well as people talking about me and other things happening to put me in a bad mood.
But friday was good, apart from the food.
Went for a meal at a vegan restaurant with my OH and his mum.
It was an early birthday meal (my birthday is on monday).
Had WAY too many syns (didn't count exactly) but its the first time in 3ish weeks that I've used a lot of syns.
I had:
Caramalised [10*] onion [0] hummus [0] with flat bread [15*] (had a bit of oil, approx 2 tbsp [12]) -37 syns?
Mexican bean burrito with salad (no dressing on salad [0], no dairy [0], soya mince [0], spicy sauce[10*] , tortilla shell 30*])-40 syns?
Chocolate brownie with forest fruit sorbet (yeah, it was amazing :p)- 75 syns?*
Can of sparkling elderflower fizzy pop (I believe around 43kcal for 100ml, a 330ml can= 144kcal approx*)- 7.5 syns?
Then had a whole pot of alpro soya simply plain yogurt cultures for dinner- 7.5 syns for the whole tub
I've tried to work out the syns of what I know however I've approximated the syns for the rest.*
I'm hoping i've worked out high enough syn values for them.
For this meal it brings it to a total of: 167 syns.*
So I had 69 syns saved up from last week and a total of 105 this week that is a total of 174 syns available.
I used 23 syns already this week that is 151 syns available.
So I went over by 16 syns?
I figure that is okay since I'm going to try and make my actual birthday meal syn free.
Also, I'm not having a cake and I can go swimming a few extra times this week.
On the plus side, I must have walked for around 1-2 hours today and cleaned for about an hour.
Hopefully i've worked everything out okay and I shouldn't gain.
Normally I would just be like screw it, now the rest of the week is ruined.
This time I'm really trying to just put it behind me and stay on track.

Yesterday my OH's dad bought us chinese takeaway as an early birthday meal.
Right now I just want my birthday over so I can just focus on being 100% on SW
I had boiled rice that my OH's dad cooked (0 syns)
tofu with cashew nuts (3/4 of the tub)
sea spice aubergine (3/4 of the tub)
prawn crackers (about 10? so 5 syns)
stir fried vegetables (2 tbsps worth)

So 60- 70 syns? Possibly more. FML
Going swimming tomorrow and having speed soup for lunch and possibly dinner.
I really hope I haven't gained this week.

Forgot to say that I saw my wedding venue yesterday!
I absolutely ADORED it! I definitely can't wait to get married there.
It was so beautiful.

Happy birthday hunni, sounds like you've done lots of celebrating. Most important thing as always is to get back on the wagon :)

So pleased for u that the wedding venue was perfect, is it all booked now then? Must be hard not to start planning but then I suppose you can't do to much to early! Ooooo exciting :) x

We are booking it all very very soon!
I had 2 starbucks on my birthday. Iced Coffee frapp with soy milk, no whipped cream.
So not AS bad as it could have been since I didn't have a cake!
We walked around Reading for a couple hours on monday (my birthday) and
I went swimming for about an hour yesterday and I'm going to be walking for about 15/20 minutes today but
Weigh in tonight and I'm terrified I'm going to gain. But either way I'm going to face up to the scales and stay for class.
This week has been MAJOR syns and I'm just glad it's over with.
It's been a tough week.
I really wanted to start smoking again but didn't.
My bipolar is acting up and i'm going through a depressive phase.
Just all kinds of crazy stuff.
Time to put my head back on!

Back