Sooo hungry!!

Seanamall21

This week I made big pots of soup, all syn free to have for my lunch and dinner. I was having one bowl for lunch Nd two for dinner but i am just way too hungry at this time of night. Found myself tucking into bags of crisps etc to get rid of the pangs!! Mind you, i have counted in the syn values in the diary, but you still get the guilts for giving way!

i think im going to have to go back to making dinner in the evening, and save the soup for lunch!!

anyone else find this problem?
xx

No wonder you're starving if all you're eating is soup! Get a proper meal down you and stop thinking of using your syns as 'giving way'. SW is supposed to be an eating plan for life, and man cannot live on soup alone. I've managed to lose all my weight by doing Green days. 3 good meals a day and snacks in between.

This week I made big pots of soup, all syn free to have for my lunch and dinner. I was having one bowl for lunch Nd two for dinner but i am just way too hungry at this time of night. Found myself tucking into bags of crisps etc to get rid of the pangs!! Mind you, i have counted in the syn values in the diary, but you still get the guilts for giving way!

i think im going to have to go back to making dinner in the evening, and save the soup for lunch!!

anyone else find this problem?
xx

Seriously what you are doing is not SW but a starvation diet. Have three proper meals every day. Have soup for lunch if you want but have other things alongside it like yoghurt or fruit. Snack in between meals and don't forget your syns and your healthy extras. I eat every two to three hours, have three full meals a day, 2 of each healthy extra as I do the green plan and the full allowance of syns most days. It sounds like you are seriously stuck in diet mode where diet means deprivation, hunger and guilt. Thats not a good place to be x

If you are hungry, you aren't doing it right! Sit down with your books and work out some proper meals - that's the whole point of SW. You can eat normal meals. If you keep having the same soup day in, day out, I am not sure which will happen first, dying of starvation or dying of boredom! :)

I've got to agree with what everyone else has said, with SW there's no need to feel hungry or feel guilty about eating 'real food'. I think I eat more food when I diet than whne I don't hah!

Just to give you an example, here's what I had one day last week:

Breakfast - wheetabix (hb1), milk(hea1), cup of tea
Snack- box of melon
Lunch - 4 mini quiches made with mushroom, cottage cheese (0.5 syn) and quorn sausage
Snack - Butternut squash soup
Snack - muller light
Tea - savoury rice and chicken
Snack - popcorn (5.5 syns)
Snack - kitkat (5.5 syns)
Plus loads of cups of tea throughout the day.

Actually writing all the down made me feel like a bit of a pig haha but I still a lot of weight that week! (somehow haha). That was probably one of my hungrier days, but all my days are pretty similar to that one.

Don't feel like you have to starve yourself, or feel guilty for having treats :)

:bighug:

The more free and super free foods you eat the more you lose.. Dont go hungry use it to your advantage :p

A dieter's worst enemy is hunger!! and on SW there is no need for it. The syns are there to stop you feeling deprived so use them guilt free.
I can only reiterate - ditch the soup and get some proper food down you.
Tina x

You're not actually following SW at all if that's a typical day's food. Who on earth advised you to eat soup for lunch and dinner or is this something you've decided to do yourself?

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am seeing the error of my ways.

This is what i have been eating during the week, roughly

Breakfast: either a bowl of branflakes, or toast with beans or eggs or sometimes both, with a muller light and at least two pieces of fruit

Lunch: bowl of soup, maybe a muller light and at least two pieces of fruit

Dinner: two bowls of soup and some more fruit. Theres tons of beg in my soup by the way.

My hea is my milk, which i measure out and use throughout the day in cereal and tea and coffee

But yeah, its only when i read these that i see how silly i am being. And i have only started doing that this week, my first week i was tucking into syn free dinner of spuds or pasta with meat.

I dont know why im doing this, i think i am in diet mode. I normally dont think im doing it right if im not hungry at soem stage in the day.

Thanks for you input guys.... Must do better lol!

Xx

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am seeing the error of my ways.

This is what i have been eating during the week, roughly

Breakfast: either a bowl of branflakes, or toast with beans or eggs or sometimes both, with a muller light and at least two pieces of fruit

Lunch: bowl of soup, maybe a muller light and at least two pieces of fruit

Dinner: two bowls of soup and some more fruit. Theres tons of beg in my soup by the way.

My hea is my milk, which i measure out and use throughout the day in cereal and tea and coffee

But yeah, its only when i read these that i see how silly i am being. And i have only started doing that this week, my first week i was tucking into syn free dinner of spuds or pasta with meat.

I dont know why im doing this, i think i am in diet mode. I normally dont think im doing it right if im not hungry at soem stage in the day.

Thanks for you input guys.... Must do better lol!

Xx

Don't feel bad about week 3 I decided to do this too. No idea why, total madness lol and a bad loss to go with it. Consultant laughed at me and I never did it again :) sometimes it's hard to get out of diet mode!

Haha!! Thanks, at least i know im not alone!

Guys, i was making room in my freezer for my new slimming food and for the craic, decided to syn the stuff that was in there already.......omg!!
Goodfellas pizza....50 syns for the whole thing...and i always ate the whole thing myself!
Tesco 12 duck mini spring rolls....2.5 each

I think they will be staying in there for a while longer lol

Back