Soooo Difficult to get back on track

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
I just cant seem to get back on the wagon, every day i say today's the day then ............ disaster! Im stuffin something down my throat without even a second thought. The last week i have been wheezing constantly and coughing and also i have been short of breath by taking just a few steps and still im shovelling crap into me it's like being possessed:cry::cry::cry::cry: i just cant stop. I have wasted so many shakes and soups through starting each day and then giving in, it's got to the stage i don't even feel guilty any more when i give in, i just tell myself I'll start AGAIN tomorrow and at the time i really mean it but then tomorrow comes and..........the rest is history! It's a vicious circle i just cant seem to break :cry::cry: Im getting older by the day and i need/have to do this for my health. I have started today again and so far so good don't know how long it'l last though :sigh::sigh: I have considered doing SW/WW again but know for a fact the slower weight losses will get to me after a couple of weeks. I actually enjoy the shakes and bars on Exante and am gradually enjoying starting to enjoy the soups again so cant understand why i feel the need to keep eating ALL the time, and it's not just a small snack here and there it's anything i can get my hands on at the time :(:(

Oh Petal, sounds like you are having an awful time.

Perhaps this isn't the right time for you? Trying to force yourself to do it never has good results, you need to be in the right mindset and then jump on it.

Also, by telling yourself you HAVE to do it, for your health, because of your age etc, won't be helping; it just puts unnecessary pressure on you. What do people do when they are under pressure? Well, I for one reach for food.

I know you say you eat without thinking (I do the same), but if it happens ago really try to look at what you were doing before you snacked, or how you were feeling. Try and identify these moments and give yourself some Plan Bs to do instead, the next time a moment strikes.

You can do this, you just need to be ready. It is clear that you do want this, and I have every faith that you will get there - but I'm not convinced that you are thinking about things the right way at the moment.

The biggest thing is to stop thinking you are being deprived by not having food - there are plenty of other non eating things we can do to treat ourselves. Make yourself a list (paint you nails, read a magazine, have a bubble bath with candles, have a pedicure, watch a trashy film etc...)

A x

Hi there - just wanted to sympathise re trying to get back on track - It's very hard - good luck though - once you get your head in the right place it can be done (a little break helped me get back on with more 'enthusiasm' shall we say)

my sympathies petal,,,
don't say tomorrow - give yourself a few days or a week with no pressure, maybe by the end of that time you will feel more able to start, good luck - I hope you get started again (I know what it's like - we all do on here) x

OMG you sound like me :cry:
Tomorrow was the day everyday since Xmas and as we know, tomorrow never comes.. and neither did my restarts, or they might but was off by tea time :break_diet:
I had lost 3 stone with CD and have now put 2 1/2 back on :break_diet:
But then friday night i read Starlights diary (whilst eating crisps :confused: ) and i decided tomorrow, i will start, and i did and i still am doing, its day 2,early days, but i am determined to finally do this once and for all :D
I dont know, something just clicked on saturday and i have not even thought about eating, although i do have to cook etc for the family, i know its not for me :D

Good luck with your restart :D

i am sooo feeling this right now, i just can NOT get back on track. no excuses really, i just can't find that willpower again :(

Hi petal i know how you feel hun ive been there ! I think you need to give your self a weeks break , eat what you like then refresh your mind and get into the right mind set because at the momment you are thinking of food all the time . This wont help you to stay on track with exante . I hope you get back on track and dont feel you have failed because you havent .

Ive been beating myself up all week about blips - but best way I've dealt with is to try ... and i really have to try.... not to dwell on the blips and just go straight back to plan after one.

This is such a difficult thing to do for some of us and you definitely need to be in the right place xxx hope it gets better soon xx

I just cant seem to get back on the wagon, every day i say today's the day then ............ disaster! Im stuffin something down my throat without even a second thought. The last week i have been wheezing constantly and coughing and also i have been short of breath by taking just a few steps and still im shovelling crap into me it's like being possessed:cry::cry::cry::cry: i just cant stop. I have wasted so many shakes and soups through starting each day and then giving in, it's got to the stage i don't even feel guilty any more when i give in, i just tell myself I'll start AGAIN tomorrow and at the time i really mean it but then tomorrow comes and..........the rest is history! It's a vicious circle i just cant seem to break :cry::cry: Im getting older by the day and i need/have to do this for my health. I have started today again and so far so good don't know how long it'l last though :sigh::sigh: I have considered doing SW/WW again but know for a fact the slower weight losses will get to me after a couple of weeks. I actually enjoy the shakes and bars on Exante and am gradually enjoying starting to enjoy the soups again so cant understand why i feel the need to keep eating ALL the time, and it's not just a small snack here and there it's anything i can get my hands on at the time :(:(

Right there with ya, Chick!!
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

xx

Back