Cruise PV Soooo not going to achieve true weight by goal date!

LittlestWookie

I've lost 1st 7lbs since the beginning of August, which isn't a bad thing... It's just I'm going on holiday around the 3rd November and I don't think I will have reached my goal :( I feel like I'm putting in a lot of work regarding strictness and sticking to the diet and my weight loss is getting slower and slower.

:(

Oh Hun I know just how you feel, you put all the effort in and don't see the results you want, but try and hang on in there you have lost weight and you will continue to do so even if it is a slow process. It doesn't seem fair sometimes when others find it so easy when you find it so hard. You really shouldn't be too hard on yourself I know I haven't been here very long but am I right in saying you have a little baby? That will make a difference.

I don't know what real advice I can offer but just commiserate with you and offer a :bighug:

Thanks hun :) I know weight is slow after the little one, I've lost the four stone I'd gained in pregnancy in three months. It's just the thing I did on the site said I'd be my true weight by November but I don't think I will.

If I was just eating healthy I'd be happy with the loss but we are cutting out full food groups etc so it is quite drastic, I see other people losing more and get all miserable lol!

Just wanted a moan really, I guess if I hadnt of had a three week plateau I'd be another 4lbs down!

Thanks for listening xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw, chin up eh? You will lose the weight, you really will. There are so many people using this site that would be delighted to have your BMI, so pat yourself on the back for that achievement. You have done so well, and have a 'wee' one to deal with as well. Keep at it!!

Hiya, sorry to hear you're having a hard time. HOWEVER... a few points to consider:

1, losses can slow down that's true, but are you actually trying 'too hard' by not eating enough? It will make your body shut down and hang on to everything it's got. When doing dukan it really seems to be that the more (protein) you eat the better you lose. Are you / can you post up menus with rough quantities then we might be able to see if there is something wrong? If you are following it to the letter, including eating enough protein (2g per kilo of bodyweight) then you ought to be losing ~2lb per week (up to a point, see below). I think you are actually losing at that rate, apart from the stall in the middle? So you will get to target a bit later. Anyway you lost 1 1/2 stone in 6 weeks you can't go any faster that that!

2, are you aiming to low for your target? Your BMI is great, I am currently struggling to return to 10st and you are already there! Were you truthful when you filled in the calculator on the Dukan website? If you're aiming too low you are setting yourself up for failure...

Yeah I was truthful, I've always been between 8st 5lb and 9st in my adult life and the true weight is in the middle of that. I've never been overweight - unless you count just before and during pregnancy where I went to 14 st ish.

I guess some people's 8st 8, is another persons 10st and even someone else's 12st, everyone has the weight they are comfortable at.

I know I'm eating enough as I've posted my diet before. I guess I just wanted a moan because I want it to happen more quickly.

X

Last edited:
Agree that apart from the plateau that you had that you have lost weight at a reasonable rate!!!!Throughout my journey I often commented that I didn't lose weight any quicker on Dukan than I had on any other diet but what I loved was not craving carbs any more and definitely not breaking the diet every five minutes!!! Bet you feel much better in yourself at 10st anyway - your body has had a lot to deal with - a new baby and all that....... By the beginning of November you can be well on your way to 9stone if you stick at it! So my advice is to stick to it religiously - make sure you eat enough every day and you will be in grand shape by holiday time - good luck!

Thanks guys! :) I'm feeling alot more positive today :) x

Back