Sooooooo not worth it!

laura4988

So tonight I chucked some milk in a pan to make myself a hot chocolate completely forgetting I'd already had my hexa for today (EE). It wasn't until I spilt it all over the oven that I suddenly remembered.
Decided to have it anyway cause i hadn't actually used many syns today but thought I would clean up the milk I spilt first.
So idiot me picks up the stupid metal pan thingy to clean the hobs and burns 3 of my fingers. Not little burns either. Big fat juicy blistering burns on 3 fingers :(
Still drank the hot chocolate but it was sooooo not worth the pain I am now in :(
(just thought I'd share this cause inside I'm giggling my head off at my own stupidity!)

Aww gosh sounds like the gods were trying to stop you from having that hot chocolate lol hope your fingers are ok..

They shall be a reminder for you to track your healthy extras from now on lol :)

Oh that sort of thong happens to me all the time! Smother the burns in Vaseline (it stops air moving across them that causes pain) feel better soon x

I work in a kitchen and burn myself all the time. Most times I don't even flinch any more but I can't describe how much this hurt!!

I work in a kitchen and burn myself all the time. Most times I don't even flinch any more but I can't describe how much this hurt!!

I once poured hot oil down bare legs when I upended a frying pan whislt cooking breakfast, it's not a good thing! No popping those blisters!

Shirleen said:
I once poured hot oil down bare legs when I upended a frying pan whislt cooking breakfast, it's not a good thing! No popping those blisters!

Ow. I know how much hot oil hurts. I have scars all up my arm from a small oil explosion and that was painful. I would put my hand on the same level of pain but different!
The oil was a constant pain for a few days but this was just intense pain that went after a few hours.
Unfortunately the blisters popped while I was cleaning at work though I didn't notice till afterwards. :(

Good to know that about vaseline. I have an aloe vera plant in my kitchen for burns. You just snap of a branch and out pours the aloe vera. I personally don't think it helps a great deal, others swear by it. Think i'll try vaseline next time, probably tomorrow knowing me!!!!!!

Esme1981 said:
Good to know that about vaseline. I have an aloe vera plant in my kitchen for burns. You just snap of a branch and out pours the aloe vera. I personally don't think it helps a great deal, others swear by it. Think i'll try vaseline next time, probably tomorrow knowing me!!!!!!

It was the dr at the hospital that told me, he said that or cling film! I reckon Aloe Vera helps with healing, so that with Vaseline on top?

I've only just gone and burnt my fingers too by picking up an oven tray to make sure my daughter couldn't reach it, forgetting I had only just got it out the oven!

Going to get Vaseline now!

I was making a coffee for my brother last weekend and went to reach for the sugar and put my wrist right over the spout of the kettle which was at the time boiling and the pain was unbelievable! It hurt so much. I sat with an ice pack wrapped in a tea towel on it for a few hours and then my husband produced a tub of sudacream and it really helped the pain. A week on and it's still quite red and has gone all wrinkly now! I sympathise with anyone who burns themself, it's so painful!

I put Vaseline and clingfilm on my arm when I did that cause my whole arm was covered in little burns, but typically this time I couldn't find the Vaseline and the cling film kept falling off.
Since catching the blister at work it all dried up and then iv been on an "extreme adventure trail!" today and managed to rip it all open. Grrrr. Now going to have to doubly watch I dont get it all infected :(

Back