Soph's diary - Pass the steak baby!

Sophia G

Hi there everybody,

I'm Sophia and I'm a long time lurker, first time poster! lol

At the beginning of the year I made myself a commitment that I will end the year a slimmer and healthier me! I started working out and joined WW, which was fine but I felt hungry, tired and the results just weren't matching the effort.

Trying Atkins has been a revelation! Now that ketosis has kicked in I feel like a new person. For the first time in months I feel invigorated, my mind's clearer and best of all I can eat the most delicious food :D

I've decided to start this diary as there isn't really anybody in my day to day life that understands what I'm doing. Its the strangest thing as in my social group there's still a bit of stigma attached to Atkins, but if you say "low carb" or "I'm just cutting out bread etc" people don't bat an eyelid lol.

Anyhoo I've been doing it for over a week and it's so far been a wonderful experience - I mean how can eating food that other diets consider "bad" whilst losing weight be a bad thing? And the best part?

I lost 8lbs in my first week :bliss:

Fingers crossed for week 2 and I look forward to getting to know you all a lot better.....

Sophia x

Welcome Sophia... And huge congrats on the amazing loss!!! Weigh to go! Xx

Welcome Sophia and well done on your amazing loss. Good luck on your Atkins journey :£

Hi Sophie, well done on your first weeks weight loss, and also congrats on your up coming wedding in October x

Hi Soph' and welcome, well done on that great first weeks loss.

Thanks everyone!

The last couple of days have been good, my OH has finally been brave enough to eat pizza and chocolate in front of me again..... TBH it didn't bother me one bit - thanks ketosis!

Had my pilates class today, the instructor decided it was time for a new routine. OUCH! I'll be sore tomorrow! Pilates is hard work but I'd recommend it to anyone looking to get rid of a mummy tummy ;)

Weigh in tommorrow, I'm excited but also nervous as part of me keeps thinking "how can you lose weight eating this? surely last week was a fluke?", it's nonsense as I *know* I've lost more weight judging from my clothes etc.

Do you guys every go through this phase of self-doubt? and does it ever go away?!

Well done - brilliant loss:). Stick with it - eventually the doubt fades, you can enjoy food, but still cant believe not putting on weight lol

Hi Sophia, nice to "meet" you. You are the same as me .. I did 8 weeks WW and felt pretty dreadful and felt my old habits slipping back - same as you I didn't think the effort was worth the result! Big congrats on your 8lb loss .. that is awesome (would have taken 2 months at WW!!) xxx

I have self doubt all the time Sophie ... And always think I'm not doing it right!! Well done on the focus! Xx

Morning Sophie, ah yes I remember the initial doubts, for me they went away about 2 months into induction when i was still losing a regular 2lbs a week nearly every week.

Hi everybody,

Wow thanks for the kind words! Joining this forum has been the best thing ever, it's good to know eveyone's had pretty much the same experiences :D RW- You are so right! a good weight loss in the beginning always helps people feel more positive, and gets us closer to our goals! (fitting in those wedding dresses lol)

I haven't updated for a couple of days as quite frankly I've been in a bit of a huff..

Friday night I was all set to get on the scales the following morning, feeling really positive (mostly because I'd had a cheeky look on Wednesday at my weight and it was looking gooooood loss this week). Come the morning..

..I was swollen up like a whale! little sausage fingers, puffy ankles, the lot! - yep mother nature had dropped her gift off, and the water retention that goes with it! :rolleyes:

After a lot of sulking and "urgh I hate being a girl", the OH suggested not tracking my weight during TOM. He said that every month he goes through the same thing of me being on a diet, getting on the scale, putting over 7lbs of water weight on and then going "stuff it" and having a massive binge.

I didn't want to admit it but that sounded pretty sensible, so that's what I'm going to do!

So fingers crossed for another good loss this week xxx

P.s. we went to the beach yesterday and I resisted Fish & Chips - now if that doesn't deserve a good couple of pounds loss I don't know what does :angel09:

Sensible OH! And well done resisting:)

Thank you!

Well that's Tuesday over and done with - I can almost smell Friday! Lol

Been to the gym after work to get some cardio in, I'm not usually a fan of mirrored walls in gyms but today I was looking and thought "wow", don't get me wrong I'm still a chubster...... I'm just now a more toned & in proportion one now lol it was a good feeling :D

The best part about tuesdays is - diet show night! Super-size vs super-skinny & biggest loser USA!

Love them!

Chicken & Bacon salad for tea tonight, yum :D x x x

Snap Sophie, I had chicken and bacon for lunch, it was lovely :)

Enjoy your dinner - you deserve a relax after your gym session! :D

Morning Sophie, you can keep the gym thabks LOL

Evening campers!

Lol @ jim :D

Well todays been a bad day, fell off the wagon :(

Darling son hasn't been sleeping this week so I'm like a zombie at my desk, it was red hot in the office and I just generally felt crappy...

Then one of my co-workers put a large cookie on my desk.... I should've turned it down or at least hid it, but I thought "ill just have a nibble". Next thing I know the whole thing's gone! And I feel lousy about the whole thing as I didn't even enjoy it...... I know it could've been much worse and I'm proud I just left it at 1 biscuit :)

It brings my total carbs for day to around 50g. So I'm worried it'll boot me out of ketosis :(

But tomorrow's another day and its back in the wagon I go! X x

Last edited:
Morning Soph, ah well, drink lot's of water to flush those evil carbs away love. :)

Thanks Jim!

Well I am pleased to say I'm still in ketosis and I've learned my lesson!

Well it's Friday lunchtime - I can almost smell the weekend, and this sunday is mothers day so I'm being treat to a nice meal at Nandos on sunday afternoon. Loved the place before Atkins, and LOVE it even more now ...MMMM Yummy peri peri chicken!

This evening shall be spent snuggled on the sofa getting ready to watch The Walking Dead - nothing like a bit of zombie action to round the week off, and Andrew Lincoln doesn't hurt the eyes either ;)

Well that's lunchtime over so back to the grind...Yeay for Fridays! :talk017:

Back