SOS food lover sabotaging herself

slimboots

So because of the holiday season and then a ski trip to France I have not weighed in since mid December. I will go to class on Thursday and see what the damage is. The problem is that after so many weeks off the wagon I am finding it so difficult to get motivated - and this is the time of year when everyone is being good and trying to lose so I should be extra motivated! I'm just not! All I want to do is eat off plan food and treats! It's so unlike me.

I think this is maybe a combination of January and post holiday blues as well as a rejection in love recently ? could do with some words of wisdom ladies

Hm. Tough one. Last time I felt like that I stayed ff the wagon for three months and put back on most of the weight I had lost. I am motivated now though.

What I would do, is not give yourself a hard time over it, and go to group and see how you feel then. I don't attend class anymore, but I have seen some some people grump in with a 'can't do this anymore' attitude and breeze out feeling so motivated they could do anything.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could just promise yourself you'll go through the motions for a week or two - you never know, the change in the way you feel through healthy eating, could be enough to motivate you again.
Stick at it, anyway! Most of us here must know what it feels like, you're never alone.

Thank you.... Sometimes I just need to hear that someone else knows and has been here! I'm hoping after Thursday's meeting I will have some extra motivation.... I was doing so well that it's silly to throw it away now x

I have found that I can keep myself motivated by focusing on my goals and reminding myself how far I've come.

I wrote myself a letter when I first started and when I need a kick I reread it. I posted on here a while ago and you will find it if you search for a thread titled Dear Me.

Don't give up...

Your letter is so lovely.... Well done on your loss so far it is fantastic. When I started my journey I made a list of all the reasons I wanted to be slim! I had forgotten about it but you've inspired me to dig it out and give myself a kick up the backside. New day tomorrow and then weigh in Thursday. Onwards and downwards from there x

Back