SOS! Which Diet?

Sara4

Gold Member
Hi everyone.

I don't know which forum to put this on! So hoping to hit some floaters from other forums here.

I have lost 3.5-4 stone via TFR several times before. I have also lost the same 4 stone via weight watchers and fanatical exercise. I have put it back on every time!

This time I have 2 tots and find getting out to exercise very difficult (lone parent), But just not enjoying TFR this time. I am too moody on it! My tots are suffering big time. I am ashamed of how grumpy I have been with my girls. They are just dotes and dont deserve that! I am fighting with them all day! I would honestly drop dead of a heart attack than be the meany I have been this past week! :wave_cry:

So I am asking for advice! What diet should I do? I don't mind doing the 2 shakes and an evening meal. Should my meal be high protein, low calorie, low carb, low fat, or what?? Can any of you recommend a diet?

I have seen the boards for lighter life, exante, etc but don't know what they are about or sucesses?

Can anyone recommend?

I don't know why I found this time on TFR so difficult and why I was so irritable. I also was falling asleep for the past 10 days on it which didn't happen before. But I haven't felt "right!" on it this time. And God knows the cow I have been this week.

I want to lose weight to enjoy my girls to the utmost and to have as long as possible with them. But I have been awful with them this past 10 days.

Any advice very welcome!

I was the grumpiest grump for well into the second week - although I still have my moments it has seems to have passed. Why don't you try to stick it out till second weigh in and see how you feel?
Good luck with whatever you decide xx

You are in a bind. You say you have done TFR several times before so be sure you are committed to keeping the weight off this time. You have the best incentive with a lovely young family.
If you really can't stay the distance with TFR then you may have to experiment with a couple of plans. Give any plan 3-4 weeks before you decide it does not suit you. They all work, it is us that may not suit any particular plan.
For me, GL ( glycemic load) has worked really well. I switched to it from TFR. I maintained my TFR losses on it and lost over another two stone. There is a Gi/ GL forum on minimins so browse it too.

Your week one weigh in may convince you to stick with TFR for a while longer.

Thanks girls. I have definitely decided not to stay at TFR. I have eaten yesterday and today and am soooo much calmer! I was screaming at the kids for no good reason! It wasn't a case of me not sticking to it. That I could do but the price was too high. When I gave out to my older girl for about the 6th time in the day she just burst into tears "aw no mamee! I STILL sorrrrry!" from the last time I had given out!! God I felt so rotten! So no I'm done for now with tfr. But I still can't understand why it affected me this way this time and not others.

But I haven't given up on losing! Just trying to find the plan that suits me for now. But my big issue is learning to maintain. Maybe a plan with some food will teach me portion control, etc.

Thanks for all the support!
xxxxxx

Don't blame you at all, hun. You've got to do what is right for you and yours. By the way, if you're looking for a good diet which is easy to maintain, have a look at The Harcombe Diet (best-selling diet book on Amazon at the moment). Hopefully, that's what I'll be going on to after LT cos I can't keep it off either! :D

Back