Sosmix - can anyone help??

lizs84

Hi all,

When I was a veggie, back in the day, I used to use something called sosmix to make my scotch eggs and sausages. I can't find it on the website syn list and was just wondering if anyone knows the syn values?

Thank you in advance!!

Liz
xx

Any knowledge on sosmix??!! I really don't want to phone the scarily expensive phone number!!

Liz
xx

I don't know about syn values but the company that make Sosmix went out of business and as far as I'm aware, you can't buy it anymore? If I'm wrong I'd love to know as I used to make veggie scotch eggs out of this too :)

Ah okay! That'd explain why it's not on the syns list. Shame :( It really liked it and thought it might be free or at least low syn.

Thanks!

Liz
xx

Asda do a sosmix style mix, not sure about the fat content, last time I had it was pre-SW - I think sosmix had bits of veggie suet in it didn't it? if you go to asda.com and search for vegetarian mixes they're there. Tastes good, the burger mix is good too, my dad brings it sometimes from the UK. Hope it helps.

Ah thank you, I'll give it a go :)

If you eat eggs you could make a sosage mix from rehydrated TVP mince (dried veggie mince), eggs and maybe some masshed beans if the consistency isn't right (which I think it won't be with just mince and eggs). add marmite for flavour by mixing it with the boiling water before you soak the TVP. TVP is free on EE. You could also used very well drained firm tofu, crumbled up and use eggand beans to combine, tofu is free on EE too!

Back