soup question?

sarah.w

Hiya, was just wondering if its okay to have coarse black pepper in my chicken soup and i dont have the ground version, ive been reading that the ground version is okay so wanted to know about the coarse version.

Not to sure Hun don't see why not its still black pepper. I have tons of it on my soup x

Hi Sarah, i'd imagine it'd be ok as its the same thing just not as ground up :)

Posted this on another thread, but may as well pop it on here too. It's a little info I found on a Lipotrim website. The last part concerns the soup.

[h=2]Helpful Tips
[/h]
  • Add coffee to the vanilla or chocolate drinks to give them a different flavour.
  • Experiment and vary the amount of water you use as this will change the taste and texture.
  • You must use a blender or a shaker to mix the drinks properly.http://www.lipotrimprestwich.co.uk/buy-lipotrim-products.html
  • Mix with ice cubes in a blender and make a smoothie.
  • DO NOT USE salt, pepper, curry powder or anything else with the soup. These can affect the ketosis process and lead to increases in fluid retention and blood pressure.

Posted this on another thread, but may as well pop it on here too. It's a little info I found on a Lipotrim website. The last part concerns the soup.

[h=2]Helpful Tips
[/h]
  • Add coffee to the vanilla or chocolate drinks to give them a different flavour.
  • Experiment and vary the amount of water you use as this will change the taste and texture.
  • You must use a blender or a shaker to mix the drinks properly.http://www.lipotrimprestwich.co.uk/buy-lipotrim-products.html
  • Mix with ice cubes in a blender and make a smoothie.
  • DO NOT USE salt, pepper, curry powder or anything else with the soup. These can affect the ketosis process and lead to increases in fluid retention and blood pressure.

Oh my pharmacist said you could :-(, she even did it when she was on the diet . When I had my ursine checked my ketosis was spot on and my blood pressure is normal . Hummmm

I emailed lipotrim themselves about putting pepper in the soup and was told you can't do it. It will make you hungrier than you need be and effect ketosis

I wouldn't risk it hun I think we're meant to let our taste buds go so we don't still crave anything like setting a new palette for when we finish lipotrim and it says not to on the website . My pharmacist told me it was fine along with sugar free chewing gum and celebrity slim bars ! So that advice was clearly wrong your best off sticking strictly to lipotrim guidelines xx

Oh my pharmacist said you could :-(, she even did it when she was on the diet . When I had my ursine checked my ketosis was spot on and my blood pressure is normal . Hummmm

Sorry about that Nutty :( I guess if you start getting the taste of the pepper etc., you may start wanting real food again and end up having a bit of a relapse. But at the end of the day it's up to you, and if you feel it's worth taking the chance. Personally I wouldn't chance it; and would hate to see you fall off the wagon, so to speak.

My pharmacist also told me that pepper, hot pepper sauce, chilli's and curry powder were all okay to add to the taste. She also said that I could add cinnamon to my shakes!! Hmmm i've still had a good weight loss but don't want to do anything to impede my weight loss x

I was told I could too?

How annoying to be told different and possibly incorrect things. I will double ✔ when I go in on Friday but I have been adding all sorts to my soup (like the pharmacist said) just to make it a bit more edible x

I would trust the lipotrim thing over pharmacists!

I have posted this on another post:-

Hi All, I have seen a few posts whereby people are asking about adding ingredients to the soups or shakes. Only last week I myself was told by my pharmacist that I could add curry powder, hot pepper sauce, pepper & chilli's to the lipotrim chicken soup; in fact she told me that the spicy stuff will help quicken my metabolism. She also told me that I can add coffee or cinammon to my chocolate & Vanilla shakes. I have seen varying answers from different people on here so thought (after a week of adding curry powder to my soups) that I better find out and ask Lipotrim direct. In short the answer is NO...don't do it.

Lipotrim replied stating that the pharmacist is wrong. They told me that you can add nothing at all to the soups and the only thing you can add to the shakes is a bit of coffee.

I also asked about the awful taste in my mouth and subsequent bad breath and whether I can use mouth spray, mouth wash or chewing gum. There short reply was that the bad taste was Ketones and that the pharmacist can get breath strips from them for me. They did not comment on the mouth wash, mouth spray or chewing gum at all either to say yes you can use them or no you can't. (This did make me wonder whether they want you to only use their breath strips as a bit of a way of making extra money????)

Either way I hope this has cleared up some of the queries and incorrect information being given out....I will certainly be broaching this matter with my pharmacist for giving out wrong information.

Hiya, just wanted to add, Listerine is ok , the plain one (listerine original) and the nuphar breath strips. Its all ont he leaflet you get at the start of lipotrim. I have to say tho, the only way I could stomach the soups last time was to add pepper and sometimes paprika.. it didnt impede my weight loss but this time I wont be doing it. Infact I wont be doing the soup atall as even the smell makes me gag..... the mouthwash iss listed on Lipotrim officail booklet thing you should get at the start meeting with pharmasist x

Hiya, just wanted to add, Listerine is ok , the plain one (listerine original) and the nuphar breath strips. Its all ont he leaflet you get at the start of lipotrim. I have to say tho, the only way I could stomach the soups last time was to add pepper and sometimes paprika.. it didnt impede my weight loss but this time I wont be doing it. Infact I wont be doing the soup atall as even the smell makes me gag..... the mouthwash iss listed on Lipotrim officail booklet thing you should get at the start meeting with pharmasist x

Thanks, I didn't get any leaflets or the opportunity to watch the DVD people mentioned, I had to find it online. I am on my 3rd week now and have completely gone off the soup, which means I am just in the shakes which if I am honest are boring me. I had a look at Exante & groupon have a great deal on so I'm swapping to that instead. At least I'll have a few more options x

really, that is very bad, the pharmacies here would never give anyone the sachets without the dvd for one night and the full info leaflet :( It is really important to have the info on it all I think, and the pharmacies shouldnt give the scahet out for tfr without supplying the info x

Back