Soup recipe

Kopette

Hi, looking for some tasty recipes for no or low point soup, hoping you can share some recipes...

Kopette said:
Hi, looking for some tasty recipes for no or low point soup, hoping you can share some recipes...

Just boil any veg you can get except potatoes and knorr stock cubes boil then blend when cooked and you have a lovely filling no point soup :)

Just boil any veg you can get except potatoes and knorr stock cubes boil then blend when cooked and you have a lovely filling no point soup :)

Thanks for that...I've made butter nut squash, red pepper and carrot with a hint of chilli...really tasty...

I made a 0 point veg soup yesterday... 2 red onions, 3 carrots, large courgette, 1 yellow pepper and 2 tomatoes... chop it all up and cook with 1tsp garlic and 1 tsp chilli, 2 pints of chicken stock... blend when soft. It's really tasty!

Made a great soup today... I tin of asparagus, 2 med onions, 1 leek, 3x veg stock cubes 30g light Philly. Fried the onion and leek in fry light, added the asparagus 1 1/2 pts of water and stock cubes. Cooked for 30 mins, blitzed and stirred in the Philly.... It was so delicious and only 1 pp for the lot! : )

Mmmmmmmmm these sound fab.

I made the chilli soup from the WW Recipe Binder at the weekend & it is gorgeous.

It is 7pps per portion tho but its so filling - Need to start making some 0pp ones though.

I though stock cubes had pps in them are the 0pps.

Dxxx

[h=2]Italian-Inspired Zero ProPoints Value Soup[/h] Makes 12 servings
ProPoints® value | 0 per serving

• 40g chicory, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 160g onions, chopped
  • 30g baby spinach
  • 2 small courgettes, cubed
  • 1 medium red pepper, chopped
  • 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
  • 1440ml vegetable stock
  • 800g canned chopped tomatoes
  • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
  • ¾ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 25g fresh parsley, chopped
  • 25g fresh basil
[h=3]Instructions[/h]
  • Put the chicory, garlic, onions, spinach, courgette, red pepper, fennel bulb, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
  • Stir in salt, black pepper, parsley and basil. Serve.

[h=2]Asian-Inspired Zero ProPoints Value Soup[/h] Makes 12 servings
ProPoints® value | 0 per serving

[h=3]Ingredients[/h]
  • 140g pak choi, chopped
  • 150g Chinese cabbage, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 20g fresh ginger root, thinly sliced and julienned
  • 100g oyster mushrooms
  • 100g spring onions, chopped
  • 140g canned water chestnuts, sliced
  • 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
  • ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1440ml vegetable stock
  • 70g beansprouts
  • 200g mangetout
  • 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
  • 25g coriander, finely chopped
[h=3]Instructions[/h] Put pak choi, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, oyster mushrooms, spring onions, water chestnuts, pepper, red pepper flakes and vegetable stock into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Toss in beansprouts and mangetout during the last 3 to 4 minutes of simmering

curried BNS looks nice too. BNS is one of my favourite soups :)

1 portion(s) (large) Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
2 medium Onion, All Types, quartered
2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable, make up to 2 pints with hot water

1 1/2 teaspoons (level) Curry Powder

1 pinch Salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
2 medium Spring Onions, thinly sliced, to garnish

• Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Place squash and onion in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Don't worry if some of the pieces get a bit browned - this will add to the roasted flavour of the soup.
  • Remove from oven. Tip into saucepan and add stock. Bring up to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes - do not pour hot soup directly into food processor, or you risk it exploding. Purée in batches in blender or food processor.
  • Toast curry powder in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes - be careful not to burn it. Stir into puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with spring onions and serve.

[h=1]Vegetable Soup[/h] [h=2]Zero Pro Points[/h]
Serves: 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes

Ingredients:
1 Very Large Courgette, Finely Chopped
2 Large Carrots, Finely Chopped
2 White Onions, Finely Chopped
2 Large Leeks, Sliced
1 Cup Butternut Squash, Diced
1 Stick Celery, Finely Chopped
1 Parsnip, Finely Chopped
2 Vegetable Oxo Cubes, Crumbled
2 Bay Leaves
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
1 Teaspoon Tomato Purée
Low Fat Cooking Spray
Enough Hot Water To Cover

Method:
1. Using a few sprays of oil, sweat all of the vegetables and the garlic in a large pan for 10-15 minutes until soft and tender.
2. Add the bay leaves, the crumbled Oxo cubes, and the tomato purée.
3. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables.
4. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup using a stick-blender until very smooth and no lumps remain.
6. Add more water if necessary to adjust consistency (I prefer it thick as I find it much more filling).
7. Taste and season, I add quite abit of black pepper to mine as it gives it a spicy kick.
8. Serve with a small dollop of natural yogurt, if you wish ( point accordingly).

This recipe freezes really well so you can always have some ready for when the hunger pangs kick in.
Give it a try it really is lovely. I actually got this recipe off a blog on Weight Watchers, called – In Pursuit of Slenderness

If you want a fab soup then I would recommend Nigel Slater's Butternut squash and paprika. The video for how to make it is in the bbc website just have a wee search. it is so silky smooth and really tasted = in short it's brilliant.

Back