[FONT=&quot]2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium Onion, All Types, diced [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, chopped [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 1/2 teaspoons Mixed Herbs, Dried [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 medium Peppers, All Types, deseeded and sliced [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, chicken, to make 425ml stock [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 can(s) (large) Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned, 400g (14 oz) each [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 teaspoons Salt [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]100 g Fromage Frais, Very Low Fat, Plain [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 teaspoons Sugar, White [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instructions[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion and carrot. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Add herbes de Provence or dried mixed herbs, cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add peppers. Cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Note: You do not need to cook peppers if they are charred and peeled.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, fromage frais and sugar. Purée in small batches; briefly reheat, then serve. [/FONT]

me too, i heard somone mention butternut squash and apple, i'd love to try that!

See we have a bit of a problem. I hate veg,I make a mean curry stew so it hides the taste of the veg. I haven't tried bns......whats the verdict on the taste, is it very veggie lol

Hi Girls (&boys),
I just made some scrumptious soup for lunch....accidentally :cool:
i used the following ingredients:

1 onion
1 pepper
1 large zucchini (courgette)
1 knorr chicken stock cube made up with water
small amount flat leaf parsley
small amount chopped coriander leaves and stem
1/2 tin tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
chilli powder to taste

I softened the onion then pepper then added chopped courgette
threw in the other ingredients, cooked for 5 mins (i like a little bite left in my veg), then blitzed it all but only enough to thicken it up. I like to be able to chew something.

It is so tasty i have had 2 big bowls :eek:

Back