South Beach Newbie

Discussion in 'South Beach Diet' started by Lindopski, 4 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Lindopski

Lindopski Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hello all
    Wow most of you guys only have a few lbs to lose :)
    I have to lose probably about 10 stone minimum :cry:more like 15 :(:(:(

I am new to the south beach diet - I have tried the soul source jobbies but I fail to stick to them as after a while I just find them minging and start to avoid them like the plague - preferring to nibble on naughty stuff.

I think a real food approach is best for me and Atkins seems a bit unhealthy. ww and SW have their own merits but I have a few friends doing the South Beach diet and so can fall back on them for advice etc as at the moment I havent a clue.

I aim to lose 10 stone in 18 months if at all possible, I first have to get around my head and change my way of thinking as once I get in the zone so to speak, I tend to do quite well. Its staying in that zone that is difficult.

Good luck with the southbeach diet and I will keep you posted on how I am getting on.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PlainerJane

PlainerJane Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.34%)
    Good luck! I think the first two phases are going to be hard, but in the long run, following a low GI diet is a really healthy and sustainable choice.

My boyfriend got type 1 diabetes and was overnight forced to have a low GI diet, and it's now second nature to him. I'm hoping that's how it will get for me in the long term.

I've only been doing the diet for 4 days and I've lost 4lbs. I think phase one is hard, but it's SO encouraging to get those results on the scale, so hopefully you'll find the same thing!

Good luck!!!

4. Lindopski

Lindopski Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    4days in now myself and phase 1 is a bugger to stick to but in sure worth it. I am actually looking forward to adding fruit in stage 2 :) now that's an odd feeling

5. PlainerJane

PlainerJane Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.34%)
    I have the same feeling! I can't wait to have fruit for breakfast instead of eggs eggs eggs.

6. PlainerJane

PlainerJane Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.34%)
    Oh, and I've been so much more successful on this diet in the first week than any other I've been on. I've lost 7lbs in the first week. Quite encouraging!

7. Lindopski

Lindopski Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Had a sneaky scales watch today and I've dropped over half a stone already flipping heck Crikey - bear in mind though I do need to lose about 10 stone at least :( - can all these eggs be healthy lol.

8. PlainerJane

PlainerJane Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.34%)
    I'm finding eggs for breakfast a real chore.

9. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    You are both doing really well. Don't worry about eggs, they are not as bad as everyone seems to think.

I'm on ryvita for breakfast now, with low fat cheese spread. The cooked breakfast in phase 1 are tough!!

I've also added bread into my diet, but not fruit. I made the choice and carrots, peas, bread won the day lol. I suppose I could introduce fruit, but I'm not missing it yet...will do in summer though!

I've got 10lbs to get to my original target, but to be honest, I'm finding this diet easy (just get through the first few weeks). I think I'll be able to stick to it for some time yet.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. :)

Bastet likes this.
  10. BehindBlueEyes

BehindBlueEyes Member

Hello!

I'm also following South Beach. I'm on my sixth day on Phase 1.

I've done South Beach before and ended up falling off the wagon due to personal reasons. I loved the diet and I could always feel the physical benefits from healthy eating - not only losing weight (of which I need to lose 9-10 stone) but the improvements to my sleep and to my general mood. So after trying and failing on WW which I started with my friend and winding up gaining a load of weight, I decided to come back to what I know works for me.

Although, six days in, I'm getting a little restless with the restrictions. Egg for breakfast I can cope with—I love scrambled egg—but I'm struggling for ideas for lunch especially.

Good luck to everyone else - hope it's going ok!

11. Bastet

Bastet Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    How is everyone getting on?
    I did South Beach about 6 years ago, stuck to Phase 1 to the letter, ate lots of lovely food, loved the variety. I lost about 10 pounds in that two weeks, but the best thing was that I had tons more energy, I slept better, my skin looked better.
    It's not an easy diet to stick to at first, but the rewards are worth it. I never made it to goal, fell off due to personal reasons - lost my job and got divorced and since I've gained another 2st. I will start it again one day. You do need to be motivated, and you do need to stick to phase 1 if you crave sweets and carbs....sticking to it really does help to kill those cravings.

12. PlainerJane

PlainerJane Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.34%)
    This is what I need to do! The hardest thing has been at work. Everyone brings sweet things and I just CANNOT do it. I need to get back to it. I've found that the more chocolate or sweets I have, the more I want. In the 10 days I was most strict on this, I didn't crave it. After the 10 days I gave myself a treat and that was my failing.

URGH.

13. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Hi guys. Hope you are all still doing well. I've now lost 21lbs and counting. I'm in the 11's which I'm pleased about, but still got some way to go. My original target of 28lbs is likely to be increased. I've not got a target weight yet as such....I'm finding it that easy I'm going to carry on. I do have my off days. I've managed to buy some sugarfree sweets from Lidl....my friend told me about them. When everyone else gets sweets and desserts I have a few of my sugarfree sweets and I'm fine. I went round to my mums for tea the other day and she had some diabetic ice-cream (sugarfree). I had sugar free jelly with a bit of the ice-cream....it really hit the spot. As long as I continue losing I'm going to carry on what I'm doing. Hope you are all doing well :)

14. Gringle

Gringle Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    none at moment
    Would you recommend this diet then ladies? :)

15. PlainerJane

PlainerJane Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.34%)
    Absolutely! It's a diet for life really. It really does work.

I'm back on the wagon now, totally avoiding sugary sweets, and it's so far been OK, but it has only been 4 days. It's so clear to me now that the reason I've found it hard to stay on a diet is because I crave sugar so much. Other diets, such as things like SlimFast, don't seem to really deal with how much sugar you have, so you end up craving more. Other diets are only a short term solution, but this really is something you can stick to on an ongoing basis.

Definitely you can't stick to phase one for much longer than is suggested, it's HARD.

16. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    You can do it though hun. It is tough, but when you start to see results its worth all the effort. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.