Soya Milk/Menopause.

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Maintenance' started by kered, 2 November 2010 Social URL.

1. kered

kered Gold Member

I got 2 cartons of soya milk yesterday, one normal and one light, should I stick to the light one, or is the normal one healthy enough?

Do you also use it in your tea/coffee or just on cereal?

Should I limit the soya milk like I did with normal milk?

I am sure hoping it helps with these hot flushes, I only slept about 3 hours last night :mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    68kg
    Diet:
    my own
    poor you. i remember my mother suffering with it and having a fan on in the bedroom and also carrying one of those little ones in her handbag when the flushes struck..its great getting older isnt it..cant wait for mine! NOT

h x

4. kered

kered Gold Member

Oh thats just like me, a fan on the bedside table, and a wet flannel...........no pj's or nightie - NOT A PRETTY SIGHT, big red blob laying in a pool of sweat haha.

Thanks for your reply, I deffo wont use it in my tea then lol.

5. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    It's worse when the weather gets colder too cos you get up to have a bit of a sponge down and change your nightie and then by the time you get back into bed it's not only sopping but freezing cold too......:eek:

6. kered

kered Gold Member

Oh yes, I am always freezing after the flushes - sometimes I wish I was a man :eek:

7. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Mary, good luck with the soya milk, I hope it helps a little. I take soya in a capsule form. I get them in holland and barrett. They definitely have taken the edge off my flushes. You will need to be on the soya for a month or so to see the benefit.

8. JanD

JanD maintaining since June'09

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World, Dietchef, Lipotrim - now maintaining (I hope!).
    Molly is that the Isoflavones or whatever they're called? I've been looking at phyto soya but Holland & Barratt don't seem to do it. I don't know whether the isowhatsits are the same - the doseage seems completely different. I'm confused (mind you that's not 'ard :eek:) xx

9. kered

kered Gold Member

I started taking the soya milk today, I had it in some weetabix for breakfast, the colour was a little off-putting, but I cant say I noticed a great taste difference. I think it would be better in porridge though.

Oh well, hopefully in another 30 days I can see a difference.....lol.

I didnt get to the herbal shop today to get the capsules which were recommended in a magazine last week, but I will post the name of them from home, as I cant remember what they were called.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.