sp day help

After reading Chris Taylor's post about sp days in considering giving them a try.

I've been sceptical of them in the past, but I'm willing to try anything, even if I don't fully understand the reasoning behind it!!!

I've been a bit wayward recently since being back on shift work, so thought if I can do sp days while at work (I do 12hr shifts) it might give me a little wiggle room for my off days!!

A few questions... as I'm aware free foods (that arnt speed or protein) are out ie potatoes, pasta, bananas, grapes etc........ does this include stock and spices??? Or am I still allowed them? Also... is my fat free vinagarrette salad dressing allowed??

Chris mentions the quiche recipe.... is the cottage cheese protein???

Thankyou for any help.

I still use things like stock, spices and dressings on SP days.

I would check your book on cottage cheese cos I'm not certain on that. I do know quark is a protein food.

I've just done three days of SP and really enjoyed it. Just be organised with your food is my tip.

Yes, organisation is my strong point.... I'm planning on doing my sp days at work. They are 12hr shifts so i take breakfast linch and dinner into work with me so organisation is my best friend!!

Hi @lotte's_getting_healthy

This might help sp allowed food list ----> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/55/1e/3a/551e3a5f466cd445971b1d638437b9b3.jpg

Fat free cottage cheese is Protein :)

Good luck! I do sp days 2 days out of the week and his post has given me fresh ideas also!

Thanks. That's a really usefull link. Sometimes I forget that all the information I need is in my book!!! Because I don't go to group anymore it just gets forgoten about in the back of my cupboard.

Do you still have your hexA and hexB on SP days? And what about liquids like tea and coffee?

I've never tried one, but it looks tempting.

Is it a case of SP days boosting your weightloss? And how many days are you supposed to do it for?

You get 1hea on SP days and 2Heb. It's recommended to only do a few SP days a week to boost your weight loss. I did 3 last week after two days off plan and lost half a pound when I probably would have gained otherwise.

Oh wow! It's nice to know that safety net is there, on the days you let yourself enjoy food!

x2 hexB is interesting and has definitely peaked my interests in this! That's potentially two SW pizzas to myself!

It's nice to have the little boost. I think I'll probably try a couple every week. I really liked having things like courgette spaghetti, Cauliflower rice and butternut squash noodles instead of carbs with my usual meals.

I've done 2 SP days this week (today being my second) so it'll be interesting to see what results I get. I did have a bit of a blip last night so I'm not holding out too much hope but I'm weighing tomorrow evening so I might still be able to pull it back! I do love the vegetable spaghetti too that Caroline1980 mentioned above, today I had carrot spaghetti with lunch, which was very nice!

The only mistake I made was not realising that blueberries aren't SP foods so I had a handful of them (about 12) with my breakfast but hey, at least they weren't in a muffin! I'm still counting today as SP regardless :p

How did you get on grunka lunka with weigh in???

I lost 3lbs with my 3 SP days this week :). I'm not sure whether it was the sp days the, selves or the fact that it seemed to help me stick to plan for the rest of the week I'm not sure.... Either way I'm happy!!

I'm going to do another few SP days this week. I'm also going to log my daily food on my weight loss diary.... Any feed back would be great!!!

That's brilliant Lotte, well done!

I was not so successful this week...my weekend blip caught up to me and I maintained this week, though I think the SP days helped me to do that as I think I would have been looking at a gain otherwise! It has made me feel much more focussed now though as I don't like gains or maintains at all so I'll be doing at least 2 SP days this week to try to give myself a little boost. Not today though...I had to get rid of the rest of the blueberries!

Best of luck fort he week ahead, it sounds like you're on a roll!

Back