Sp plan ...potatoe waffles??

Ms Skittles

Can anyone tell me how this works.
I'm following sp for a few days But im allowing myself a bird eye potatoe waffle with main meals. They are only 2.5 syns each....and I'm not eating pasta rice etc...sticking to speed and protein.
Can anyone tell me is this allowed? As in, does it still count as SP even though I'm using my syns for a carb? So confused x
Thanks in advance

I don't think you can. Using the 20 cals per syn rule, the waffle would be a lot higher than 2.5 syns if it wasn't for the free food allowance (i.e. the potato, which then isn't free/allowed on an SP day). I'm sure you're still doing well but I don't think it would count as an SP meal.

No waffles as they contain a free food element. We had a useful SP clarification at group today

Thanks a mill :) I've avoided them.this week on my 2 SP days so hopefully see a result tomorrow in the scales. I must ask my consultant to go through the SP again with me Actually as I feel I don't really get it :(

I found in the past it doesn't really work for me! If it's not suiting you, don't feel like you have to stick with it.

Thank you. :) I'm down another 1.5lb this week....slowly but surely I'm getting there!
Think I'll do my regular plan for most of the week...then throw in 2 SP days somewhere over the weekend/Monday. To boost the loss
how did you all get on this week?

I don't weigh until tomorrow! I've had big losses the past 2 weeks though so am not expecting one this week. Congrats on your loss :) Have you been doing SW long?

Good luck today. Let me know how you get on.
I'd love a big loss next week tbh just have to be strict and don't give in to temptation at the weekends.
Weirdly enough Monday and Tuesday are my danger days, I think half of that's in my mindset!
I'm doing it since the end of May and total loss of 15lb. I have about 2 more stone to lose so I'm really hoping on pushing it a bit these next few weeks while the kids are still off school and I'm not tied down to deadlines.
How long are you doing it now? Any tips you can share for the bigger loss?? I'd be delighted for advice

I will keep you posted! I've been doing it on and off for 4 years, but been off it for a long time until recently and sadly regained a lot of weight.

You're losing a half stone a month at that rate which is pretty good going!

I was a bit of a know-it-all at the height of it so my top tips are change your foods a lot, drink plenty of water and make sure you use your syns. People get into these ruts where they are eating the same brekkie every day and the same lunch every day and your body just adapts, a good variety usually means a better loss - also stops you from getting bored! I used to throw in 1 or 2 red or green days back in the day, and found that usually gave me boost as well but they don't do those plans anymore and used SP to replace them.

That's a really good plan! I was down 1.5 :D pretty happy with that as that takes me to 11.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks.

Congratulations! That's a fantastic amount. :) how much are you hoping to lose in total? I'm hoping to lose about 3.5 stone all in all. Feel like I'll be ages at it though if I don't steer myself off the snacks!

6 stone in total eventually (so another 5), but if I lose another 3 from this point I will be comfortable for a while. I fully intend to do that before christmas!

I got to within a stone of my ideal target last time.... and then struggled and threw in the towel completely. I was under a massive amount of stress in other areas of my life so I understand how it happened but I do very much regret letting it slide completely. I have dusted myself off anyway, am more mature now and in a better place in my life to see this through - one stone at a time :) I know now that if I never get to target, it's just secondary to looking after my health and doing my best, I just have to keep working hard on myself.

Just look at it as a stone at a time. Losing one stone doesn't seem as daunting as losing three :)

Back