Spag bol & citric acid

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
S: 18st1lb C: 15st5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 2st10lb(15.02%)
Okay so I have been looking into this diet as I was thinking about switching to it and was just cheking out the calories and ingredients in the meals when I noticed that the spag bol has citric acid in it. I thought citric acid was a no no on a VLCD :confused:

I've copied and pasted the ingredients below. Does this make a difference to weight loss and hunger?

Ingredients:

Textured soy protein (malt colour); egg noodles (durum flour, water, dried yolk); dehydrated vegetables (tomato, onion, garlic); sugar; soybean oil; thickener: corn starch; flavours; sunflower oil; pea fibre; salt;
acidity correcting agent: tricalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, citric acid; hydrolyzed corn and wheat proteins; vitamin and mineral mix (vitamin A as acetate, cholecalciferol, tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, ferric pyrophosphate, zinc oxide, potassium iodide, sodium selenite, manganese sulphate, copper gluconate); stabilizer: magnesium phosphate; colours: caramel, beet juice powder, lycopene; herbs; spices; emulsifier: soy lecithin; antioxidants: tocopherols.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Starlight

Gold Member
If you check the ingredients of exante bars they have citric acid too but the amount is so small it doesn't affect ketosis.