Spagetti squash is it available in the Uk??

Catthin

Silver Member
Hi does anyone know if you can buy spagetti squash in the Uk.I have been reading the Atkins diet book and it is mentioned quite a lot.
Many thanks Cathy

waitrose apparently

Hmm, I always thought they were the same thing Zim just a US Name and and English name. Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Jim no sorry Zims rite Butterbut squash is not Spag Squash

Hi Guys
Thank you for the replies.I dont have a waitrose near me.Thats a shame:cry:.
The spaghetti squash is different from the butternut squash.It has more fibrous flesh which can be used as a spaghetti substitute.
Where as the butternut squash has a firm flesh and can be used for lovely chips,soups and lots more.I love butternut soup but I dont think its allowed on induction.
Ive found the seeds so might have a go at growing my own,if I cant find them.
Cathy

I got a spagetti squash in my local waitrose today to give it a try, shame you don't have a waitrose near you catthin :sigh:

Let us know what's it's like. I might give it a go

Will do ;) I also bought a Celeriac to try that :eek:

Hi Exp107
Thats great newsI hope it tastes yummy.I might have to have a day out in search of the spaghetti squash.lol
Do let us know what it tastes like and how you cook it.
Cathy

Will do ;) I also bought a Celeriac to try that :eek:

Celeriac is yummy you can chop it up like chips and fry it.Or mash it with butter and olives .Its really tasty.
Hope you enjoy it my mouth is watering.Its not allowedon induction though so Ill keep myself in check for now.
Cathy

Ah now thats my next quest working out how to cook it lol :eek:

I assume the celeriac you either boil and mash or chip and fry :confused:

Celeriac just use as you woulda potato,chip roast,boil,fry.eat and enjoy.
found this link for thesquash
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash

cathy

Thankyou Cathy I have bookmarked it :)

Its not allowedon induction though so Ill keep myself in check for now.
Cathy

According to Jim's list in the 'So your thinking of starting Atkins' thread and my Atkins book (latest addition)celeriac is allowed during induction :confused:

In moderation, it's a little carby, but in the original '72 version it was allowed yes.

I just found one in my fridge! My fiancee bought it last week and didn't eat...Tempted but don't know if I'll like it and should really substitute my spring cabbage for it. What does it taste like ??? x

Back